• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Seeking Church

nnmartin

The greatest inequality in access to women comes from promiscuity. With promiscuity, a few men are the winners and most men are losers (even if they won't admit it). In such an environment, there is no reason for men to cooperate. In fact, they will all stab each other in the back in pursuit of women. And this is exactly what you see in America today.

How can it really be possible to have a one-woman, one-man policy.

What about the men that women are not interested in?

That would leave a lot of single people around without families.

How would this work?

fschmidt

Old Testament Reactionary
How can it really be possible to have a one-woman, one-man policy.

What about the men that women are not interested in?

That would leave a lot of single people around without families.

How would this work?

Since there are roughly an equal number of men and women, if they pair off, then there is someone for everyone. The less attractive women would have a choice of accepting a less attractive guy or of being alone, and given this choice, I assume most would accept the less attractive guy. Monogamy provides much more equality than any other system.

Thank you for taking the time to look at the site. Traditional Karaite Judaism does reject both Islam and Christianity, but Open Karaism isn't traditional Karaite Judaism. The idea of Open Karaism is to provide one place for everyone who follows the Old Testament regardless of their other beliefs. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism have far more in common than they have differences. And this commonality is expressed in the Old Testament.

The Old Testament focuses on moral law much more than it does on belief. In fact it never even requires one to believe in God as long as one follows God's commandments. So the focus of Open Karaism isn't belief, it is following the moral behavior that God asked for.

For Christians, the Trinity simply is 3 aspects of God. So it isn't a violation of the Old Testament for Christians to worship Jesus since they consider him part of God. But it is a violation of the Old Testament for a non-Christians to worship Jesus, so Muslims and Jews should not do this.

Ok, thanks for explaining. I think I understand now.

nnmartin

Since there are roughly an equal number of men and women, if they pair off, then there is someone for everyone. The less attractive women would have a choice of accepting a less attractive guy or of being alone, and given this choice, I assume most would accept the less attractive guy. Monogamy provides much more equality than any other system.

that sounds fine on paper but how about in communities in which there were an unequal number of either sex?

Also, natural law seems to dictate that the Alpha male will have more than his fair share of women - so how can this be overcome?

Are you proposing a Monogamy Law of some kind?

fschmidt

that sounds fine on paper but how about in communities in which there were an unequal number of either sex?
That is why the Old Testament doesn't require monogamy. If there are many more women than men, then polygamy is acceptable. But that isn't the case today anywhere.

Also, natural law seems to dictate that the Alpha male will have more than his fair share of women - so how can this be overcome?

Are you proposing a Monogamy Law of some kind?
Yes, it should be law, as it was in European culture before liberalism, as it was among Ashkenazi Jews, and as it was in the Roman Republic and in Ancient Athens.

fschmidt

Have you seen the Wikipedia entry on Karaites?
There are some links, perhaps you find a church/synagogue that accepts you via one of these institutions.

Of course I have seen this page. I visited the Karaite synagogue in Daly city and it is very nice. But there are no Karaite synagogues in El Paso where I live.