• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ATHEIST ONLY: Atheist View On Abortion

leahrachelle

This is true. I do believe somewhere back a few pages she said she used to be a catholic.....can't remember.....:confused:....maybe some of that is still coursing through her veins....

EDIT: Here is its....(Page 114)
But I am a lot STRONGER about it now than I was when I was a Catholic
I didn't start to really even think about it until I was atheist - probably because I never knew anyone who had one until the end of middle school, but still
I disagree with the church on TONS of things, too, so I don't see how this is really relevant..

leahrachelle

The argument that you might abort a possible Einstein, Beethoven, or Newton is countered by the argument that you could have aborted a possible Hitler, Manson, or Saddam Hussein. In other words, the first argument doesn't hold water.
Not arguing against you here because I understand this argument, but I just wanted to say - Hitler was an Einstein ;) GREATER than Einstein. I personally think that the smartest people in the world are the ones than can manipulate others
But it's absolutely sick that he used his talent to do the things he did..

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Can you please explain to me how maturity has a factor in what a person thinks life is and isn't..?
And then please tell me why you consider me to be immature anyways

Hey - don't put your words in my mouth. I'm just pointing out where what you're saying leads... If you worry about consistency.

leahrachelle

Hey - don't put your words in my mouth. I'm just pointing out where what you're saying leads... If you worry about consistency.
I don't see how they're related but okay?
I was simply using an example that applies to me so I personally understand it.. If you'd like I'll use another

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
That is how I see it. All life is useful in one way or another.

So, your definition of "useful" is not "having a practical function, purpose or effect"? Instead, it's simply "all life"? Then, you wouldn't consider a computer to be useful because it doesn't fit your definition of "all life"? :confused:

Well they're all supposed to be atheist ;)

You say that as if atheists can't be religious.

leahrachelle

So, your definition of "useful" is not "having a practical function, purpose or effect"? Instead, it's simply "all life"? Then, you wouldn't consider a computer to be useful because it doesn't fit your definition of "all life"? :confused:
I never said anything about whether non-life is useful or not - ?

You say that as if atheists can't be religious.
Some say that we are. Some say that we're not. I personally say no, but that's just how I look at it. That's perfectly fine if you see us as religious.