• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist looking for religious debate. Any religion. Let's see if I can be convinced.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I suggest you read what I just said to @ratiocinator. In brief, some prophecies are vague but that does not mean they were not fulfilled. Other prophecies are more precise but if people are hell bent on denying that they were fulfilled by Baha'u'llah they will find a way to no nitpick and say they could mean something else. The problem they have is that there are so many prophecies that were fulfilled by the coming of Baha'u'llah and they could not have possibly been fulfilled by anyone else. I believe that was adequately proven in the book entitled Thief in the Night by William Sears.

Perhaps I am an exception but religion does not make me 'feel good.' In fact, I don't even like being a member of a religion and I avoided having much to do with the Baha'i Faith for the first 42 years after I joined. I still do not have any fellowship with other Baha'is because I am not a religious sort of person and my feelings towards God are less than optimum, although I am trying to change those feelings.

The ONLY reason I am a Baha'i is because of the evidence that proved to me that it is a true religion of God and the religion for this age. Thus my belief is intellectual, not emotional. The 'love of God' and all the things Christians are all excited about is foreign to me. I was not raised in any religion and I have never been "into religion." I'd much rather be sunning myself on a beach somewhere than posting on this forum. I do like people since my field was psychology, so I like talking to people on this forum as a matter interest and I also have a duty to do what I can so for the Cause of God even though I don't always like having it.
Actually it does. The problem with vague prophecies is that they can be "fulfilled" more than once. That means that you did not know if the prophesy was about event A or B or if it is yet another prophecy in the future. Vague prophecies are automatically failed prophecies.

So what is this supposed evidence? Is it reliable evidence or not? Most people do not know how to properly evaluate evidence when it involves a personal issue.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
However, you are assuming that there IS a supernatural part of the world, inventing (whether you or others) a method of studying this thing you assume is there, and then when this method you've invented to study the supernatural shows that the supernatural is there, you take it as proof that your initial assumption about the existence of the supernatural was correct.

That, clearly, is ridiculous. I can assume that humans are surrounded by magic, and if I wear special glasses I can study the magical field. And then I put on a pair of diffraction glasses and lo and behold, I can see bright shimmering rainbows all over the place! This confirms the presence of magical fields in reality! My initial assumption has been proven correct!

That's exactly the same thing you are doing.
I do not assume there is a supernatural, I believe there is. The reason I believe it is because of what scriptures reveal, and there are also other books written on such subjects as the afterlife.

I do not expect science to be able to provide evidence of what is not natural because that would be an unrealistic expectation.
How can some religious belief be objectively true, and yet different people will get different results about it?
Simple, because people interpret the objective evidence differently, according to their own subjective understandings.
And without a logical argument, there's no good reason for me to believe your faith's claims are anything more than fantasy, is there?
A religious belief can be logical but what seems logical to one person will not seem logical to another person.
Logical arguments cannot prove that religious beliefs are true; because the premise God exists can never be proven the premise Messengers of God exist can also never be proven. That is what evidence is for.
You are still using your conclusion (God exists) as one of your premises (God exists in order to have messengers).

You have admitted this in your last sentence, but of course, you've had to rely on a very big IF there.
Obviously God has to exist in order to have a Messenger of God but I am not saying that God exists in order to have Messengers.

I am saying that Baha'u'llah provided evidence that He was a Messenger of God, and therefore God exists.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I know. I've already said this.

What I've ALSO been saying is that if the thing is false, then no one can ACTUALLY know it. They can only ever THINK they know it.
That is correct.
There is no evidence. Just because you want to present subjective opinion and gut feeling as evidence, does not make it evidence.
There is evidence. Just because you want to deny that it is evidence, does not make it non-evidence
People all have different opinions about the evidence and that is subjective but evidence is still evidence.
It is objective because it was observed in the real world.
And the fact that you already believed Baha'i had no influence on you reaching the conclusion that God exists?
Of course it had an influence, because there would have been no way for me to know that God exists were it not for the Revelation of Baha'u'llah.
I clearly explained how it was a flaw. Our beliefs must ALWAYS be tested. The moment we decide that we've got the truth and thus don't need to actually investigate things properly is the moment that we can't claim to have an accurate view of the real world.
I clearly explained that there is no way to test beliefs. What you believe would be a test would not prove a thing.
Any test you might divide would be fallible and subject to error.

You might as well accept that there is no way to prove that God exists or that a Messenger was sent by God except by doing the proper research and coming to that conclusion.

Tiberius

That works for me as long as you will concede to the fact that their opinion could be true or false.

That works for me as long as you concede that this kind of "validation" isn't enough to determine whether it is true or false.

That does not address what I said. "I believe that Baha’u’llah was the Representative of God among men and He appointed interpreters through His Covenant, so I understand the Bible according to what they wrote that the Bible means." Other religions have have things that allow them to conclude that they are the only ones who have it right but no other religion has what I noted above.

So what? Sure each religion has it's own thing, but they all serve to accomplish the same purpose. There are things that Christianity has that Baha'i does not have, and Christians could say with as much conviction as you that those things make Christianity better than Baha'i.

I do understand why. It is because you cannot separate one religion from another and you think that just because religions are similar in some ways religions are all the SAME.
That is the Fallacy of Hasty Generalization and the Fallacy of Jumping to conclusions.

You've given me no reason to think they are any different. Your defense of Baha'i has resorted many times to the same logical fallacies and appeals that every other religion I've looked at uses.

Tiberius

I do have a problem with it because nobody prays to a toaster and expects something to happen, and that is why you cannot compare praying to God to praying to a toaster.

You seem determined to miss the point.

The point is that you get the same results praying to God that you'd get praying to a toaster (or anything else that you want to use instead).

No one else seems to have trouble grasping what I am trying to say.

Tiberius

I do not assume there is a supernatural, I believe there is. The reason I believe it is because of what scriptures reveal, and there are also other books written on such subjects as the afterlife.

I do not expect science to be able to provide evidence of what is not natural because that would be an unrealistic expectation.

I do not assume there is magic, I believe there is. The reason I believe it is because of what special glasses reveal, and there are also other books written on such subjects as wicca, spells, etc.

I do not expect science or religion to be able to provide evidence of what is magical because that would be an unrealistic expectation.

Simple, because people interpret the objective evidence differently, according to their own subjective understandings.

Then why don't we see that happening with things like the speed of light?

A religious belief can be logical but what seems logical to one person will not seem logical to another person.

Logic is objective. Someone may believe that a particular argument is logical or illogical, but their opinion does not make it so.

Logical arguments cannot prove that religious beliefs are true; because the premise God exists can never be proven the premise Messengers of God exist can also never be proven. That is what evidence is for.

How can there possibly be a LOGICAL reason for believing in something unfalsifiable?

Obviously God has to exist in order to have a Messenger of God but I am not saying that God exists in order to have Messengers.

I am saying that Baha'u'llah provided evidence that He was a Messenger of God, and therefore God exists.

Ah yes, this unfalsifiable "evidence" definitely shows God exists!

Tiberius

There is evidence. Just because you want to deny that it is evidence, does not make it non-evidence

There is no evidence. Just because you want to say that it is evidence, does not make it evidence.

People all have different opinions about the evidence and that is subjective but evidence is still evidence.
It is objective because it was observed in the real world.

You said it existed only in your mind and thus couldn't be checked by others.

Of course it had an influence, because there would have been no way for me to know that God exists were it not for the Revelation of Baha'u'llah.

So you were biased towards believing it.

I clearly explained that there is no way to test beliefs. What you believe would be a test would not prove a thing.
Any test you might divide would be fallible and subject to error.

You might as well accept that there is no way to prove that God exists or that a Messenger was sent by God except by doing the proper research and coming to that conclusion.

And why should I believe it if there is no way to test it to see if it is true?[/QUOTE]

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Actually it does. The problem with vague prophecies is that they can be "fulfilled" more than once. That means that you did not know if the prophesy was about event A or B or if it is yet another prophecy in the future. Vague prophecies are automatically failed prophecies.
The problem that I see with vague prophecies is that they can be interpreted in more than one way to mean more than one thing, but even if vague, once a prophecy has been fulfilled, if it was really fulfilled, then it cannot be fulfilled again. The key is knowing if it has been fulfilled, how and by whom. For example:

"The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose." (Isaiah 35:1)

“It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.” (Isaiah 35:2)

"And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein." (Isaiah 35:8).

"And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." (Isaiah 35:10).

These prophecies, once fulfilled, are not going to be fulfilled again. The key is knowing how they were fulfilled and who they are referring to. Who was the glory of the LORD? These prophecies are vague so people are never going to know who these prophecies refer to unless they know what happened in actual history and where it happened. Let's say that hypothetically speaking these prophecies have been fulfilled. How would anyone know?
So what is this supposed evidence? Is it reliable evidence or not? Most people do not know how to properly evaluate evidence when it involves a personal issue.
I have posted the evidence numerous times but of course it has never been accepted as evidence, but here it is again. This post delineated both the claims and the evidence.

Questions for knowledgeable Bahai / followers of Baha'u'llah

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The problem that I see with vague prophecies is that they can be interpreted in more than one way to mean more than one thing, but even if vague, once a prophecy has been fulfilled, if it was really fulfilled, then it cannot be fulfilled again. The key is knowing if it has been fulfilled, how and by whom. For example:

"The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose." (Isaiah 35:1)

“It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.” (Isaiah 35:2)

"And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein." (Isaiah 35:8).

"And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." (Isaiah 35:10).

These prophecies, once fulfilled, are not going to be fulfilled again. The key is knowing how they were fulfilled and who they are referring to. Who was the glory of the LORD? These prophecies are vague so people are never going to know who these prophecies refer to unless they know what happened in actual history and where it happened. Let's say that hypothetically speaking these prophecies have been fulfilled. How would anyone know?

I have posted the evidence numerous times but of course it has never been accepted as evidence, but here it is again. This post delineated both the claims and the evidence.

Questions for knowledgeable Bahai / followers of Baha'u'llah
I am sorry but you simply cannot make that claim if it is vague. Its "fulfillment" is more dependent upon the interpretation of the person claiming that it has been fulfilled. That is why a proper prophecy needs some clear result. You can see that with various Christian prophecies. One of the reason that there are thousands of different sects is due to different interpretations of prophecy.

Of course a clear prophecy does not help with the religious either. For example the Tyre prophecy in the Bible is clearly a failed prophecy it was accurate. And it did not happen. Yet believers will jump through all sorts of hoops to claim that it was fulfilled.

And you should have read the article that I linked you would know how the blossoming of Lebanon is a failed prophecy. Something that people are actively trying to do simply does not count as a prophetic message. If that was the case then there are all sorts of them out there and it becomes so commonplace that no one bats an eye at them. For example in the early 60's JFK "prophecised" that we would send a manned mission to land on the Moon.

The prophecy of the Baha''i is no better than that of any other religion and would not count as evidence.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And you should have read the article that I linked you would know how the blossoming of Lebanon is a failed prophecy. Something that people are actively trying to do simply does not count as a prophetic message.
Who says that anyone was actively trying to do something in order to fulfill the blossoming desert prophecies?

The prophecies do not say how the desert would come to blossom as a rose. All it says is that it will happen, and the excellency of Carmel and Sharon will see the glory of the LORD.

Are you really suggesting that the Baha'is actively planted flowers in order to fake a fulfillment of a Bible prophecy? That is so far out in left field that it is laughable.
I am sorry but you simply cannot make that claim if it is vague. Its "fulfillment" is more dependent upon the interpretation of the person claiming that it has been fulfilled. That is why a proper prophecy needs some clear result.
Its fulfillment is dependent upon reality, upon what really happened, it is not upon the interpretation of the person claiming that it has been fulfilled becaue all people interpret the prophecies to suit their particular set of beliefs.

It does not matter how clear the result is. If people do not want to believe it has been fulfilled they won't see it. This is all about psychology, it is 100% about what people want to believe and that is what they will see. Of course, this is not happening on a conscious level, it is subconscious.

What about Micah 7:12, how could Baha'u'llah fake it's fulfillment? No, that would have been impossible because Baha'u'llah did not order His own banishments and exiles from place to place. It doesn't matter though, people who want to deny that the prophecies pertain to Baha'u'llah will find any and all manner of excuses why they are not about Him. That is why no matter how specific the prophecies are they are worthless as evidence for all but a very small number of people who really want to know the truth.

Please note that Baha’u’llah had no control over His own destiny for the last 40 years of His Life after He declared His mission because He was deemed a prisoner of the government He was banished and exiled from place to place. The following prophecy was fulfilled by these exiles and banishments.

Micah 7:12 In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria, and from the fortified cities, and from the fortress even to the river, and from sea to sea, and from mountain to mountain.

He shall come from Assyria: At that time Assyria was a large area. Baha’u’llah and His family lived in the part that was Persia, now Iran, in the city of Tihran.

and from the fortified cities: Baha’u’llah was banished from city to city: After being released from the Black Pit dungeon in Tihran in 1852, His family and companions had only a short time before being sent to the fortified city of Baghdad. While living in Baghdad, He gained such a large following that the enemies where shocked. Right away He was banished again, this time to the fortified city of Istanbul.

The Governor of the city refused many times to fulfill the orders that he received to banish Him again. Finally forced to follow orders, Baha’u’llah was banished again to the fortified city of Adrianople. He was honored and praised, and shown respect everywhere, until He was finally sent to the most horrific of all places, the fortress of Akka, where it was expected that He would succumb to the terrible conditions.

and from the fortress even to the river: It was while in Baghdad that the Tigris river became a special place, as Baha’u’llah crossed it to the Ridvan Garden. April 21, 1863 was the fulfilment of prophecy, as that was when Baha’u’llah declared to those around Him His Station as the Manifestation of God.

and from sea to sea: After His banishment in Baghdad, His exile was by way of the Black Sea. Still a prisoner He crossed the Black Sea from Sinope on His way to Constantinople. After the banishment in Adrianople, He crossed the Mediterranean Sea from Gallipolis in Turkey, embarking at Alexandria, Egypt, then on to the fortress of 'Akka, the most desolate of cities.

and from mountain to mountain: The time in Baghdad was turbulent with opposition. To protect His family and companions Baha’u’llah went to the Kurdistan mountains. There He lived in poverty, but the area was magnetized by His presence. After two years, He was persuaded to return to Baghdad.

The other mountain was in Israel, Mount Carmel, where He had docked before His final journey to Akka. Later He had a chance to return to Mount Carmel, to pitch His tent. Here He wrote the Tablet Of Carmel, surrounded by pilgrims looking for the return of Christ to descend from heaven. Mount Carmel is the headquarters of the Baha’i Faith.

Map_iran_ottoman_empire_banishment.png

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Who says that anyone was actively trying to do something in order to fulfill the blossoming desert prophecies?

The prophecies do not say how the desert would come to blossom as a rose. All it says is that it will happen, and the excellency of Carmel and Sharon will see the glory of the LORD.

Are you really suggesting that the Baha'is actively planted flowers in order to fake a fulfillment of a Bible prophecy? That is so far out in left field that it is laughable.

Its fulfillment is dependent upon reality, upon what really happened, it is not upon the interpretation of the person claiming that it has been fulfilled becaue all people interpret the prophecies to suit their particular set of beliefs.

It does not matter how clear the result is. If people do not want to believe it has been fulfilled they won't see it. This is all about psychology, it is 100% about what people want to believe and that is what they will see. Of course, this is not happening on a conscious level, it is subconscious.

What about Micah 7:12, how could Baha'u'llah fake it's fulfillment? No, that would have been impossible because Baha'u'llah did not order His own banishments and exiles from place to place. It doesn't matter though, people who want to deny that the prophecies pertain to Baha'u'llah will find any and all manner of excuses why they are not about Him. That is why no matter how specific the prophecies are they are worthless as evidence for all but a very small number of people who really want to know the truth.

Please note that Baha’u’llah had no control over His own destiny for the last 40 years of His Life after He declared His mission because He was deemed a prisoner of the government He was banished and exiled from place to place. The following prophecy was fulfilled by these exiles and banishments.

Micah 7:12 In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria, and from the fortified cities, and from the fortress even to the river, and from sea to sea, and from mountain to mountain.

He shall come from Assyria: At that time Assyria was a large area. Baha’u’llah and His family lived in the part that was Persia, now Iran, in the city of Tihran.

and from the fortified cities: Baha’u’llah was banished from city to city: After being released from the Black Pit dungeon in Tihran in 1852, His family and companions had only a short time before being sent to the fortified city of Baghdad. While living in Baghdad, He gained such a large following that the enemies where shocked. Right away He was banished again, this time to the fortified city of Istanbul.

The Governor of the city refused many times to fulfill the orders that he received to banish Him again. Finally forced to follow orders, Baha’u’llah was banished again to the fortified city of Adrianople. He was honored and praised, and shown respect everywhere, until He was finally sent to the most horrific of all places, the fortress of Akka, where it was expected that He would succumb to the terrible conditions.

and from the fortress even to the river: It was while in Baghdad that the Tigris river became a special place, as Baha’u’llah crossed it to the Ridvan Garden. April 21, 1863 was the fulfilment of prophecy, as that was when Baha’u’llah declared to those around Him His Station as the Manifestation of God.

and from sea to sea: After His banishment in Baghdad, His exile was by way of the Black Sea. Still a prisoner He crossed the Black Sea from Sinope on His way to Constantinople. After the banishment in Adrianople, He crossed the Mediterranean Sea from Gallipolis in Turkey, embarking at Alexandria, Egypt, then on to the fortress of 'Akka, the most desolate of cities.

and from mountain to mountain: The time in Baghdad was turbulent with opposition. To protect His family and companions Baha’u’llah went to the Kurdistan mountains. There He lived in poverty, but the area was magnetized by His presence. After two years, He was persuaded to return to Baghdad.

The other mountain was in Israel, Mount Carmel, where He had docked before His final journey to Akka. Later He had a chance to return to Mount Carmel, to pitch His tent. Here He wrote the Tablet Of Carmel, surrounded by pilgrims looking for the return of Christ to descend from heaven. Mount Carmel is the headquarters of the Baha’i Faith.

You are now conflating different prophecies.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I posted this earlier for Biblical prophecies, but with a little editing it applies to almost any religion:

1. It must be accurate. A statement cannot be Biblical foreknowledge if it is not accurate, because knowledge (and thus foreknowledge) excludes inaccurate statements. TLDR: It's true.
  2. It must be in the Bible. A statement cannot be Biblical foreknowledge if it is not in the Bible, because Biblical by definition foreknowledge can only come from the Bible itself, rather than modern reinterpretations of the text. TLDR: It's in plain words in the Bible.
  3. It must be precise and unambiguous. A statement cannot be Biblical foreknowledge if meaningless philosophical musings or multiple possible ideas could fulfill the foreknowledge, because ambiguity prevents one from knowing whether the foreknowledge was intentional rather than accidental. TLDR: Vague "predictions" don't count.
  4. It must be improbable. A statement cannot be Biblical foreknowledge if it reasonably could be the result of a pure guess, because foreknowledge requires a person to actually know something true, while a correct guess doesn't mean that the guesser knows anything. This also excludes contemporary beliefs that happened be true but were believed to be true without solid evidence. TLDR: Lucky guesses don't count.
  5. It must have been unknown. A statement cannot be Biblical foreknowledge if it reasonably could be the result of an educated guess based off contemporary knowledge, because foreknowledge requires a person to know a statement when it would have been impossible, outside of supernatural power, for that person to know it. TLDR: Ideas of the time don't count.
Bring up your prophesies one at a time and we will see if there is any substance to them after putting them through that filter.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I posted this earlier for Biblical prophecies, but with a little editing it applies to almost any religion:
  1. It must be accurate. A statement cannot be Biblical foreknowledge if it is not accurate, because knowledge (and thus foreknowledge) excludes inaccurate statements. TLDR: It's true.
  2. It must be in the Bible. A statement cannot be Biblical foreknowledge if it is not in the Bible, because Biblical by definition foreknowledge can only come from the Bible itself, rather than modern reinterpretations of the text. TLDR: It's in plain words in the Bible.
  3. It must be precise and unambiguous. A statement cannot be Biblical foreknowledge if meaningless philosophical musings or multiple possible ideas could fulfill the foreknowledge, because ambiguity prevents one from knowing whether the foreknowledge was intentional rather than accidental. TLDR: Vague "predictions" don't count.
  4. It must be improbable. A statement cannot be Biblical foreknowledge if it reasonably could be the result of a pure guess, because foreknowledge requires a person to actually know something true, while a correct guess doesn't mean that the guesser knows anything. This also excludes contemporary beliefs that happened be true but were believed to be true without solid evidence. TLDR: Lucky guesses don't count.
  5. It must have been unknown. A statement cannot be Biblical foreknowledge if it reasonably could be the result of an educated guess based off contemporary knowledge, because foreknowledge requires a person to know a statement when it would have been impossible, outside of supernatural power, for that person to know it. TLDR: Ideas of the time don't count.
Bring up your prophesies one at a time and we will see if there is any substance to them after putting them through that filter.
I'll see what I can do if and when I have time. If you mean they have to pass your criteria in order to be convincing that might be true, but there are many prophecies that were written that are valid prophecies even if they are not convincing. What makes them valid is that they were given by a prophet, not whether they were convincing. I can give you an example of what I mean later.

I hope you realize that you are not the only person with a set of criteria. A few months ago, I went through this whole exercise with @Tiberius, and he has his own set of criteria.

1. The prophecy must not be about something that is likely to happen anyway.
2. Where we have verified that the prophecy was written prior to the event that fulfilled it.
3. Where we have verified that the event that fulfilled it really took place in a way that fulfilled the prophecy.
4. The the fulfilling event was not done by someone simply to make the prophecy come true.
5. The prophecy is specific and is not open to interpretation.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'll see what I can do if and when I have time.

I hope you realize that you are not the only person with a set of criteria. A few months ago, I went through this whole exercise with @Tiberius, and he has his own set of criteria.

1. The prophecy must not be about something that is likely to happen anyway.
2. Where we have verified that the prophecy was written prior to the event that fulfilled it.
3. Where we have verified that the event that fulfilled it really took place in a way that fulfilled the prophecy.
4. The the fulfilling event was not done by someone simply to make the prophecy come true.
5. The prophecy is specific and is not open to interpretation.
There is a fair amount of overlap. How did you do with him?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
By the way, there is nothing wrong with saying "I believe . . . " It is when one tries to claim that one's beliefs are special and better than that of others that one has to be able to justify those claims.

I have yet to see a singled religion do that.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There is a fair amount of overlap. How did you do with him?
You'd have to ask him. From his perspective I am sure I bombed out but that discussion went on for a long time and it was a while ago so I cannot remember what note we ended on, but we are still friends and that is what is important to me. From what I recall, I think we decided that proving anything with prophecies is rather futile.

Btw, I just added to your post while you were responding to it, so you might want to go back and read what I said.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

I hate to do this to you, but in the American Standard version the translation is this:

12 In that day shall they come unto thee from Assyria and the cities of Egypt, and from Egypt even to the River, and from sea to sea, and from mountain to mountain.

In the English Standard version this is the translation:

12 In that day they will come to you,
from Assyria and the cities of Egypt,
and from Egypt to the River,
from sea to sea and from mountain to mountain.

The International Standard version says this:

12 At that time armies will invade you from Assyria,
from Egyptian cities to the Euphrates River,
from sea to sea
and from mountain to mountain.

The New American Standard bible 1995:

12 It will be a day when they will come to you
From Assyria and the cities of Egypt,
From Egypt even to the Euphrates,
Even from sea to sea and mountain to mountain.

The New Catholic Bible:

12 It will be a day when they will come to you
From Assyria and the cities of Egypt,
From Egypt even to the Euphrates,
Even from sea to sea and mountain to mountain.

I think you get my point. I look at all of these versions and none of them say "he". The King James Bible is unique in this.