• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Life is Worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardero

Citizen Mod
GOD exists with or without your belief. Your life still has PURPOSE no matter what you decide to believe. In fact I think that GOD may be somewhat of an atheist in the fact that I do not think he believes in what many societies make him out to BE.

Ceridwen018

GOD exists with or without your belief.
This is a pointless statement. I could say that god doesn't exist, with or without your belief.

Your life still has PURPOSE no matter what you decide to believe.
I don't believe in god, yet I still feel my life has purpose. God doesn't bring purpose tou your life, you have to make it yourself.

chuck actually raised a bit of an interesting point when he asked why atheists don't go around having orgies, doing drugs, and leading a life completely based on our five senses.

The reason for this, chuck, is that you will find that going around doing drugs, eating lots of fattening food, etc. is ironically counter productive to leading a good life. I personally am much happier if I stay healthy, do things in moderation, and help others by volunteering for things like habitat for humanity. There are a lot of good reasons, besides "God says we should" that we should do things in moderation, and not go around having orgies and doing lots of drugs and stealing etc. As Abraham Lincoln said: "When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

cardero

Citizen Mod
Ceridwen 018 writes: This is a pointless statement. I could say that god doesn't exist, with or without your belief.
And you would BE CORRECT in stating this. There are many entities that do not exist for us. My wife did not exist for me until 4 years ago. Only when I met her did I believe in her. Before I met her I still went on existing even though she didn’t believe in me.

Ceridwen 018 writes: I don't believe in god,

And you have that right. GOD doesn’t need us to believe in him/her.

Ceridwen 018 writes: yet I still feel my life has purpose. God doesn't bring purpose tou your life, you have to make it yourself.
I agree wholeheartedly.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Mr. Sprinkles writes: The reason for this, chuck, is that you will find that going around doing drugs, eating lots of fattening food, etc. is ironically counter productive to leading a good life. I personally am much happier if I stay healthy, do things in moderation, and help others by volunteering for things like habitat for humanity. There are a lot of good reasons, besides "God says we should" that we should do things in moderation, and not go around having orgies and doing lots of drugs and stealing etc. As Abraham Lincoln said: "When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."
Not believing in GOD does not exclude us from taking PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for our lives. In fact, any positive benefits we do for our lives should BE for ourselves and not for anyone else.

chuck010342

Mr_Spinkles said:
chuck actually raised a bit of an interesting point when he asked why atheists don't go around having orgies, doing drugs, and leading a life completely based on our five senses.

The reason for this, chuck, is that you will find that going around doing drugs, eating lots of fattening food, etc. is ironically counter productive to leading a good life. I personally am much happier if I stay healthy, do things in moderation, and help others by volunteering for things like habitat for humanity. There are a lot of good reasons, besides "God says we should" that we should do things in moderation, and not go around having orgies and doing lots of drugs and stealing etc. As Abraham Lincoln said: "When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."
The point of the post was to show that everybody who doesn't believe in Jesus is going to die. They will raise to life on the last day but they will rise to judgement and be condemmed I'm sorry for trying to put a little life iny my posts. I guess I should be more intellicual forget about passion.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
chuck010342 said:
... in general I belive that Buddism makes some major mistakes when it comes to logic and countradictions withing there faith system.
This has to be the most ironic statement I have ever read on this site. Take a moment to ponder the implication that, as a Christian, there are no logical mistakes or contradictions in your belief system. If you look closely, you can actually see the irony dripping from the words.

chuck010342 said:
The point of the post was to show that everybody who doesn't believe in Jesus is going to die.
This is gonna hurt, Chuck, but I have some bad news. There seems to be some evidence that EVERYONE that has ever lived on the face of the earth has died (well, after a given amount of time - say 100 years, give or take).

Thanks,
TVOR

Ronald

Once upon a time there was an atheist named Ronald. His life was not Worthless.
Ronald did many great things in his life, he aided society and his community, he reared children, he lead the youth of his community.
He planted a tree, took a wife, built a house and gave the world a son.
Anyone who says Ronalds life was worthless, needs to show me His worth!
Just what is your claim to higher value?

Now this Ronald came upon hard times, lost all he had, but he found a treasure in a field of great value. Today he is rich again.

He lives simply in a small bungalow on limited income, with the "Word of God," happier than he ever was. Worthless now! No, just building on anothers foundation and loving it.

Walk in another's shoes for a mile or two before you judge his worth!

chuck010342

linwood said:
Why do so many believers throw this old gem out there?
I`ve never seen an atheist near death however so I can`t say how one might act..probably scared.
I`ve watched a few people breathe their last or close to it...all Christian.
These people were scared to one extent or another.
Why were they in fear if they believed that promise?
Hell..why don`t they welcome death if it`s heaven afterward?

Thats a decent counter to "The Atheist in a Foxhole" argument, "The Christian on His Deathbed" argument.
if a christian was scared of breathing there last then how could they be a chrisitan?

chuck010342

Sunstone said:
If you convince yourself that you're living for an invisible sky daddy then you might have a hard time seeing how anyone could live for anything else.

1. I didn't convince myself to live for God. God convinced me

2. I don't have a hard time seeing how I could live for anything else. All other reasons for living falls short of living for God

chuck010342

Jensa said:
Wouldn't it be more noble to live a good life and do good things because you want to rather than because you're afraid of burning in a lake of lava forever? The backwards leap logic takes there boggles me.
ahh hello jensa. Remeber our discussion on Absolute truth? You have to understand what do you mean when you say. What is good

chuck010342

ahh mr. sprinkels I also love the simpsons

Mr_Spinkles said:

The reason for this, chuck, is that you will find that going around doing drugs, eating lots of fattening food, etc. is ironically counter productive to leading a good life.
what is a good life?

Mr_Spinkles said:
As Abraham Lincoln said: "When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."
Abraham Lincoln also had problems with prudence.

Pah

Uber all member
chuck010342 said:
if a christian was scared of breathing there last then how could they be a chrisitan?

That sounds like the "no true Scotsman" fallacy

-pah-

chuck010342

The Voice of Reason said:
as a Christian, there are no logical mistakes or contradictions in your belief systems.
all I can say is that "I am Chuck010342 and I approve this message"
or I could say AMEN

The Voice of Reason said:
I have some bad news. There seems to be some evidence that EVERYONE that has ever lived on the face of the earth has died (well, after a given amount of time - say 100 years, give or take.
Thanks,
TVOR
again
all I can say is that "I am Chuck010342 and I approve this message"
or I could say AMEN
there is also some evidence to say that NOT EVERYONE will pass to life on the last day

huajiro

It doesnt matter what you believe in, if you live your life "promoting goodness" you will be fine here....and wherever you go after you die.

"sky daddy"....I will be remembering that name :)

Pah

Uber all member
chuck010342 said:
ahh hello jensa. Remeber our discussion on Absolute truth? You have to understand what do you mean when you say. What is good

I'll bet that many of us don't remeber that conversation, myself included. What is good? or the good life you questioned Spinkes about? What's you definition?

-pah-

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
chuck010342 said:
all I can say is that "I am Chuck010342 and I approve this message" or I could say AMEN
again, all I can say is that "I am Chuck010342 and I approve this message"
or I could say AMEN
there is also some evidence to say that NOT EVERYONE will pass to life on the last day
So, let me get this straight. Is it your position on this thread is that your "revealed faith" in your version of God cannot be questioned, and is THE correct way to view life, while those that view God (or his existence) differently are wrong?

Please let me know if I fully understand your position, because I do not want to respond until I correctly know your point of view.

Thanks,
TVOR

chuck010342

pah said:
I'll bet that many of us don't remeber that conversation, myself included. What is good? or the good life you questioned Spinkes about? What's you definition?

-pah-
good=following God

bad=sin=not following God

chuck010342

huajiro said:
It doesnt matter what you believe in, if you live your life "promoting goodness" you will be fine here....and wherever you go after you die.

"sky daddy"....I will be remembering that name :)

Goodness accoridng to who? the Nazi would say that killing the jews, blacks and the handicapped is good? is that really Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.