• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist- I Cannot comprehend a God, I'm interested in why you believe.

Just a short story or reasoning as to why you believe, i won't mock or judge, I'm just interested.. Also i won't rant on about my i don't believe.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
When I was quite young, I had an intense theophany accompanied by a miracle. Can't not believe, so I try to understand.

xkatz

I see God/the Deus as being the universe, and seeing that live in it (the Universe), I know that God exist.

The Wizard

Just a short story or reasoning as to why you believe, i won't mock or judge, I'm just interested.. Also i won't rant on about my i don't believe.

Fair enough. Quite simply it changes my place, syncronicity and experiences within this creation we are in. I don't bother to analyze my beliefs if they work and make my life better... It is of affecting things from the inside outward... Imo.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
OK, here's the elevator speech:

I believe in what someone cleverer than I dubbed "the living Godiverse." That God is a sapient organism whose body is the cosmos. I further believe that this being is a juvenile, and reality as we know it is the Becoming, the process of God growing up.

So, yeah... I'm really, really weird! LOL

The Wizard

I believe in what someone cleverer than I dubbed "the living Godiverse." That God is a sapient organism whose body is the cosmos. I further believe that this being is a juvenile, and reality as we know it is the Becoming, the process of God growing up.

Na, we could be in a gigantic brain cell of some larger species for all we know..lol. as open minded as that maybe...

Sounds like fairytale like Earth is a turtle floating through space.

xkatz

I further believe that this being is a juvenile, and reality as we know it is the Becoming, the process of God growing up.

Out of curiosity, what makes you believe this? Do you mean juvenile in behavior or age?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Wasnt ment to mock, i was stating my opinion. Sorry if it came off that way.
Hmmmmm........ ok, benefit of the doubt.

Bear in mind that was the nutshell version. My theology is sufficiently developed to found a new religion if I cared to. I don't care to, but I could.