• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Agrees "you cannot deny God"

Mohsen

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
This was an endearing conversation at speakers corner (i love speakers corner conversations, debates and discussions)

Imran Hussein, from IERA engages with an atheist who is an apostate, yet what we find is that the atheist - after listening to Imran tackle his issues, actually comes to agree with Imran that there must be a God.

I was, quite simply flabberghasted at the way this unfolded.

Your thoughts?

Peace

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
This was an endearing conversation at speakers corner (i love speakers corner conversations, debates and discussions)

Imran Hussein, from IERA engages with an atheist who is an apostate, yet what we find is that the atheist - after listening to Imran tackle his issues, actually comes to agree with Imran that there must be a God.

Your thoughts?

Peace

Not surprising. The far left has been trying to adopt Islam for years now. I imagine in an attempt to manipulate and "westernize" Islam.

I imagine the only reason those in Islam even give them the time of day is to attempt to convert the left to Islam. It is an interesting dynamic and power struggle that will be a show to watch in the coming years.

Who will win?
Who will convert who?
Or what kind of hybrid will be birthed from the combination of the 2 ideologies?

Mohsen

Not surprising. The far left has been trying to adopt Islam for years now. I imagine in an attempt to manipulate and "westernize" Islam.

I imagine the only reason those in Islam even give them the time of day is to attempt to convert the left to Islam. It is an interesting dynamic and power struggle that will be a show to watch in the coming years.

Who will win?
Who will convert who?
Or what kind of hybrid will be birthed from the combination of the 2 ideologies?
The question (in bold font) was one I used to ponder on as well. Now I have come to realise that Islam is objectively true, and thus, anyone who actually understands the true monotheism of it, will never adhere to a compromisation of it, I therefore infer that there is no combination of two ideologies, but rather, a choice of one or the other.

But inferences are lame without reference, so here it is:

lakum deenukum, wa liya deen (Qur'an 109:6) translation: for you is your religion, and for me, mine!

Straight forward understanding right there!

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
The question (in bold font) was one I used to ponder on as well. Now I have come to realise that Islam is objectively true, and thus, anyone who actually understands the true monotheism of it, will never adhere to a compromisation of it, I therefore infer that there is no combination of two ideologies, but rather, a choice of one or the other.

But inferences are lame without reference, so here it is:

lakum deenukum, wa liya deen (Qur'an 109:6) translation: for you is your religion, and for me, mine!

Straight forward understanding right there!

I tend to agree with you that a hybrid is basically impossible. But I have seen stranger things happen when ideologies go head to head as is apparently the case here. Humanity has a strange way of perverting God's word, as I am sure you would agree. Needless to say it is the human element that will falter in this equation. I just don't know if it will be Islam that gives into the far left, or the far left giving itself over to Islam.

Mohsen

I tend to agree with you that a hybrid is basically impossible. But I have seen stranger things happen when ideologies go head to head as is apparently the case here. Humanity has a strange way of perverting God's word, as I am sure you would agree. Needless to say it is the human element that will falter in this equation. I just don't know if it will be Islam that gives into the far left, or the far left giving itself over to Islam.
Neither, humans are far too heavily invested in their rational faculties to compromise these when it comes to their theological anchors !

MohammadPali

Atheists will never deny god if you take away their holiday pay, Christmas gifts, Hanuka gifts, any kind of gifts, not off thanksgiving, or even new years. Having off on weekends. They will never deny him. They'll always want to be part of the festiveness of religion.

Ill respect atheists when they forfeit all the benefits of holiday, overtime, and whatever holiday things believers of god get.

ALSO ! birthday parties are also a belief in god. The year/calendar started because of religion.

They have to forfeit these too.

Mohsen

Atheists will never deny god if you take away their holiday pay, Christmas gifts, Hanuka gifts, any kind of gifts, not off thanksgiving, or even new years. Having off on weekends. They will never deny him. They'll always want to be part of the festiveness of religion.

Ill respect atheists when they forfeit all the benefits of holiday, overtime, and whatever holiday things believers of god get.

ALSO ! birthday parties are also a belief in god. The year/calendar started because of religion.

They have to forfeit these too.
Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah

Although I can see where you are going with this, and why, I have to say, I do dislike generalised statements... however, I feel you are somewhat justified in your opinion here! ;)

peace

Mohsen

A friend of mine once told me "an atheist said there is no god" He said "he took the first step of shahadah."

Laa ilaha - one third of it, yes, "there are no gods worthy of worship" - atheist statement

ila'Llah - "except for Allah" the middle third - monotheist statement, Jews say this too, though

Muhammad anRusoolAllah - "Muhammad is the messenger of God!" - this is what defines a true believer, one who is able to see the extant process of prophethood end with Muhammad pbuh

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Laa ilaha - one third of it, yes, "there are no gods worthy of worship" - atheist statement

ila'Llah - "except for Allah" the middle third - monotheist statement, Jews say this too, though

Muhammad anRusoolAllah - "Muhammad is the messenger of God!" - this is what defines a true believer, one who is able to see the extant process of prophethood end with Muhammad pbuh

Right...

But the greatest praise (in my opinion of all Abrahamic faiths) one can say is:

Alhamdulilahi rabbil Alamin.

Mohsen

Right...

But the greatest praise (in my opinion of all Abrahamic faiths) one can say is:

Alhamdulilahi rabbil Alamin.

This statement is profound.

All praise and glory is for Allah the Lord of the Worlds... we look out in our telescopes and see the planets of our solar system, we know from NASA about distant planets in other solar systems within our galaxy, the Milky Way, we know of other Galaxy's, each with uncountable planets - yet they all seem "lifeless"... so what does this mean? "Lord of the Worlds" ??? did God create all these other planets whimsically? With no purpose but to be spherical gas and rock planets orbiting their suns???

To think, here on this earth, we believe there are Jaan, the jinni species which is "unseen", and that is here, on this earth, alone.

O children of Adam, let not Satan tempt you as he removed your parents from Paradise, stripping them of their clothing to show them their private parts. Indeed, he sees you, he and his tribe, from where you do not see them. Indeed, We have made the devils allies to those who do not believe. (Qur'an 7:27)

Are we certain the other planets are "lifeless" ??? or, do they contain life forms which have no bearing on our existence, and thus, we were not informed of them?

Indeed, All praise and glory is for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds

Sadaq'Allahu'l Adheem

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
This statement is profound.

All praise and glory is for Allah the Lord of the Worlds... we look out in our telescopes and see the planets of our solar system, we know from NASA about distant planets in other solar systems within our galaxy, the Milky Way, we know of other Galaxy's, each with uncountable planets - yet they all seem "lifeless"... so what does this mean? "Lord of the Worlds" ??? did God create all these other planets whimsically? With no purpose but to be spherical gas and rock planets orbiting their suns???

To think, here on this earth, we believe there are Jaan, the jinni species which is "unseen", and that is here, on this earth, alone.

O children of Adam, let not Satan tempt you as he removed your parents from Paradise, stripping them of their clothing to show them their private parts. Indeed, he sees you, he and his tribe, from where you do not see them. Indeed, We have made the devils allies to those who do not believe. (Qur'an 7:27)

Are we certain the other planets are "lifeless" ??? or, do they contain life forms which have no bearing on our existence, and thus, we were not informed of them?

Indeed, All praise and glory is for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds

Sadaq'Allahu'l Adheem

I saw a video that I was given long ago about Islam. This man was on Hajj and he said "I am insignificant yet to God, master of this entire universe I am closer." Sadly many people atheist included, do not understand the beauty behind being close to God. I guess for myself, it is hard to disbelieve no matter how much I want to.

Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem

Qul huwa Allahu ahad

Allahu Samad

Lam yali wa lam yulad

Wa lam yakun lahun kufuwan ahad

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Your thoughts?

Peace
Is there anything in the video you find particularly convincing?