• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist activists focus on church-state issues

Pah

Uber all member
Atheist activists focus on church-state issues
Nonbelievers protest church-state issues

Complete article from Pennlive.com The Patriot-News

Monday, October 18, 2004
BY MARY WARNER
Of The Patriot-News

Carl Silverman -- who protested the Bishop McDevitt High School team name, the Crusaders, when they played his daughter's field hockey team in Camp Hill last month -- has made headlines before.

Ten years ago, the Gideons dropped plans to give out New Testaments at Waynesboro elementary schools after a protest led by Silverman.

In 1998, state conservation officials made a Christian group take down crosses in a Franklin County state park. Silverman had complained.

The next year, facing a protest, the Hagerstown Suns minor league baseball team stopped discounts for families bringing church bulletins to Sunday games. Silverman again.

linwood

Here`s a good quote from that article by this atheists daughter.

"You have to come to an age when you can make an educated choice," she says. "I was lucky enough to have a choice, not to be pressured into what my parents thought."

I love that.