• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism Is So Dumb. Why? Because Birds Act Like Birds

Skwim

Veteran Member
"I know Christian apologists and street preachers think they have the magic formula for how to convince people to accept Christ, but this video from Ray Comfort [He of The Designed Banana fame]

ray-comfort_350x219.jpg
.... is just lazy.
The video’s title dares the viewers, “See if you believe in atheism after watching this…” As if there’s no way that’s going to happen.

source

So, all you newly converted ex-atheists, what do you have to say for yourselves now?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Good catch. Nothing like a little hypocrisy to finish off a ridiculous presentation.

It was pretty predictable. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason why they made the video in the first place.

I'm quite sure the vast demographic and target audience are theists to begin with as they will be the only ones actually interested in purchasing Ray Comfort's books.

Skwim

Veteran Member
What got me was the remark in the video that "we can get up close and personal" Just how does one get personal with birds who can't see you from outside one's window?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Just how does one get personal with birds who can't see you from outside one's window?

I've had a few birds who grabbed onto the screen and I will swear looked at me from the other side of the window.

This just proves that birds can be dumb because who wants to look at a retired geek typing diatribes on RF anyway?

But the birds did seem to be quick learners because they soon flew away. Humans are much much slower.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
The comedy duo of Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron are just a funny couple of comedians who are trying to out do one another with funny jokes about creationist beliefs. Which is funnier, Ray Comfort's intelligently designed banana or Kirk Cameron's Crocoduck that he jokes should be an evolutionary missing link between reptiles and birds?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The comedy duo of Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron are just a funny couple of comedians who are trying to out do one another with funny jokes about creationist beliefs. Which is funnier, Ray Comfort's intelligently designed banana or Kirk Cameron's Crocoduck that he jokes should be an evolutionary missing link between reptiles and birds?

I recall that completely bananas video from some years ago, and the only thing I could really conclude, based on his inane argument, was that the many fruits and vegetables that don't yield themselves up so readily, nor fit so well in the hand, must all have been designed by some different god, and therefore we should ignore them. Only bananas should be eaten!

At which point I got bored with the entire topic and promptly forgot that idiot Ray Comfort. Except that he does so very, very much to support my thesis that, in many cases, religion can and does negatively impact upon the ability to reason properly.

Cooky

Veteran Member
"I know Christian apologists and street preachers think they have the magic formula for how to convince people to accept Christ, but this video from Ray Comfort [He of The Designed Banana fame]

ray-comfort_350x219.jpg
.... is just lazy.
The video’s title dares the viewers, “See if you believe in atheism after watching this…” As if there’s no way that’s going to happen.

source

So, all you newly converted ex-atheists, what do you have to say for yourselves now?

Title made me laugh... :)

...Couldn't sit through the video though.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

ray-comfort_350x219.jpg
.... is just lazy.

source

I just wasted several minutes of my life.

You sure you have the right video?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So ok, bear with me since I'm new here. And since I have no idea what your stance is on atheism, where you taking a shot at atheists, being sarcastic at the video, or what?

He is far from taking a shot at atheists. The shot was at Ray Comfort. The sarcasm is so thick it can be cut with a knife.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So ok, bear with me since I'm new here. And since I have no idea what your stance is on atheism, where you taking a shot at atheists, being sarcastic at the video, or what?
His next thread is as likely to be about the masturbation habits of barely legal Catholic schoolgirls as anything else.
Tom