• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

atheism and morality

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
It's different from that of those that call themselves Christians.

Often they claim that the society would be better without the church and religious teachings.
You're referring to what some atheist individuals will say. Is that what atheism says? Does atheism teach that?

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
It still is. I rereffer you to the definition.

I already addressed the definition.

Yes, different dictionaries will offer different wording for their definitions. I will redirect my same question to your reworded definition even though it amounts to the same result. Please answer the question this time.

What is the body of ideas reflecting social needs and aspirations that forms atheism? What are atheism's doctrines or beliefs?
You responded by telling me what some atheists do. This time tell me about atheism.

Shushersbedamned

I already addressed the definition.

You responded by telling me what some atheists do. This time tell me about atheism.
You don't understand how vague a word ideology is if you think atheism is not an ideology. Why should I tell you about. I'm not interested in atheism. And if you're so sure it is not and your opinions are perfect why are you so eager to go though this discussion? The thing about atheists is that they are fanatics. They never explain, never change pov but they never stop arguing either.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
You don't understand how vague a word ideology is if you think atheism is not an ideology. Why should I tell you about. I'm not interested in atheism. And if you're so sure it is not and your opinions are perfect why are you so eager to go though this discussion? The thing about atheists is that they are fanatics. They never explain, never change pov but they never stop arguing either.
So you can't tell me. Good to know.

Shushersbedamned

So you can't tell me. Good to know.
Wasn't really worth the trouble, was It?

But I don't like debates where a person insists me telling them something they on reality do not wish to hear. I like questions both giving and receiving but only in an atmosphere of sincerity.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Wasn't really worth the trouble, was It?
Oh it absolutely was worth it. Now I know that you can't back up your claim that atheism is an ideology. If you had been able to, I might have believed you. This is why I asked questions instead of trying to counter you with an opposing claim. I'm here to learn. I don't care whether you're willing to do the same or not.

But I don't like debates where a person insists me telling them something they on reality do not wish to hear. I like questions both giving and receiving but only in an atmosphere of sincerity.
I did nothing of the sort. I asked you questions because I wanted you to clarify. You weren't able to. You can try again if you'd like. This is your show now.

Shushersbedamned

Oh it absolutely was worth it. Now I know that you can't back up your claim that atheism is an ideology. If you had been able to, I might have believed you. This is why I asked questions instead of trying to counter you with an opposing claim. I'm here to learn. I don't care whether you're willing to do the same or not.

I did nothing of the sort. I asked you questions because I wanted you to clarify. You weren't able to.
Mhm

A Vestigial Mote

How can you know that if I can't know the other?
To boil it down for you: the original question was more rhetorical - asking (paraphrasing here) "when was the last time an atheist blew themselves up for the atheist cause?" was employed as a device to get you to consider the fact that atheists do not even have a common "cause", nor have any atheists ever blown themselves up in the name of atheism. Instead, you took it literally, probably figured that atheists probably are prone to blowing themselves up, and just kept on in your assumptions without actually "getting it."

All I can say is that it seems you need to learn to "keep up."

Shushersbedamned

To boil it down for you: the original question was more rhetorical - asking (paraphrasing here) "when was the last time an atheist blew themselves up for the atheist cause?" was employed as a device to get you to consider the fact that atheists do not even have a common "cause", nor have any atheists ever blown themselves up in the name of atheism. Instead, you took it literally, probably figured that atheists probably are prone to blowing themselves up, and just kept on in your assumptions without actually "getting it."

I understood the question. My question still holds

Audie

Veteran Member
It's not atheism that is illegal but pronouncing it.

I don't believe atheists don't believe in God.

A man with God within him is morally more correct while a man with no God in him is always corrupt.

If a person says he does not believe in a God I take him to be such a fool he could not possibly be left to judge the coming days with his profound nasal intuition.

The first time I heard someone say something like that, it was kind of an epiphany.

I grew up in an atheist home, I went along thinking that nobody
really believes in god, not really-really.

Then, I heard someone say that there is nobody who really-really
does not believe in god

In general, I'd say that someone who believes he is automatically more
moral than I because he thinks he has a god "indwelling", and considers me
a fool for not agreeing, that is someone I would want to avoid.

And hope that his kind never come into power in any place that I live.

Audie

Veteran Member

A lot of people died in support of "godless communism" over the years.