• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At what point would you regret Trump?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Bush and his Iraq war, Obama and his Libyan one, and nearly bombing Assad too just as ISIS was on the rise. They're all bad and this bipartisan foreign policy establishment needs to go.
I'm thinking more of our instigating the Iraq Iran war.
We supplied chem & bio WMDs to kill over a million Iranians.
This spawned bad relationships which plague us today & beyond.

Sultan Of Swing

I'm thinking more of our instigating the Iraq Iran war.
We supplied chem & bio WMDs to kill over a million Iranians.
This spawned bad relationships which plague us today & beyond.
When was this? Is that from the 50s and 60s when we helped spark the Iranian revolution or more recent. We make so many terrible foreign policy decisions I get confused.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When was this? Is that from the 50s and 60s when we helped spark the Iranian revolution or more recent. We make so many terrible foreign policy decisions I get confused.
Aye, there are so many.
Our trouble there really started when we overthrew their democratic government to install the Shah.
That turned out badly.
But we had to go back & make it even worse....

United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war - Wikipedia
Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran

Some lingering effects (not including the continuing political fallout).....
Iran Still Haunted By Chemical Weapons Attacks

Have we given up the active use of WMDs?
Seymour Hersh Says Hillary Approved Sending Libya’s Sarin to Syrian Rebels

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What I find remarkable is that Trump hasn't even been sworn in and people are already certain about what he will do. LOL...
The sky-is-falling mentality doesn't end with the campaign.
It's a gift which keeps on giving long after.

You know what it's like?
When I want to buy something with many aspects to consider,
& I research it....determine what to buy...find the best price.....
I buy it!
But then, I'm still in shopping mode.
I can't stop considering it.
So I'm still reading up on winches & the chemical structure of synthetic winch lines.
I could go on & on about the performance characteristics of long chain crystalline
polymers vs aramids.

David1967

Premium Member
@Quetzal is being a meanie pants and only letting the liberals talk about this, which I think would make for an interesting discussion.

Well, you notice he replaced his friendly tiger avatar with a drunken ,ill tempered alien avatar. Just sayin.:D

For those who supported or voted for Trump, whether enthusiastically or holding your nose, at what point would you regret voting or supporting Trump?

(1) If he doesn't repeal Obama care and replace it with something that is actually affordable that works.(2) If he doesn't bring jobs back to America. (3) If he raises taxes on the middle class. (4) If he gets us into another war.

idav

Being
Premium Member
What I find remarkable is that Trump hasn't even been sworn in and people are already certain about what he will do. LOL...
Of course, everyone knows what Trumps gonna do even before he tweets it!

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Given the other alternative to Trump, never. I didn't want to vote for him, but I would rather die than vote for the pantsuited liar that was the alternative.

habiru

@Quetzal is being a meanie pants and only letting the liberals talk about this, which I think would make for an interesting discussion.

For those who supported or voted for Trump, whether enthusiastically or holding your nose, at what point would you regret voting or supporting Trump?

What is the deal-breaker for you? Do you have a deal-breaker?

I never voted Trump, because I'm in Britain. So I have some excuse if it all goes pear-shaped haha. For me, my main reason from last year for preferring a Trump win over Clinton was always foreign policy. As a Brit that was really most of what I was concerned about. Trump's Secretary of State pick has been encouraging in terms of warmer relations with Russia, so it looks like he's serious about changing the neocon policies of the past few decades.

However if Trump decides to continue with reckless and idealistic foreign interventions to topple regimes, not being in the interest of his country, then that would have removed my initial and main reason for supporting him, and I will no longer be able to see why I should continue to do so.
He regretted that he ever supported President Trump..