• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At least three of the six people in the plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer were BLM supporters.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
To me, this is pretty crazy stuff... Mind you, I am fully aware there is a difference between BLM as in the idea, and some of the manifestations. Anyway, I just posted to share it.

"If you’re keeping book, that now means at least three of the six men indicted by the federal government for the frightening conspiracy to kidnap the governor from her vacation home are avowed anti-Donald Trump anarchists and at least one is a BLM protester. When half the conspirators rolled up by the feds are anarchists, this is what you might call a pattern.

The BLM connection comes from no less than The Washington Post, which buried the lede of its own story by headlining its piece, “Accused leader of plot to kidnap Michigan governor was struggling financially, living in basement storage space,” as if living in a basement was the most surprising thing about the conspirator. Indeed, we can be assured that if one of the conspirators had attended a Trump rally that would have headlined the story." - BLM Supporter Tied to Michigan Gov. Whitmer Kidnapping Plot. Demands Grow for Her to Apologize to Trump

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Does anyone have a reputable source for this story that is not behind a paywall?

This is paywalled? My apologies. I didn't know. All I see is a box you can click away.

P.S. PJMedia is basically the parent of Townhall, Redstate, Twitchy, and so on. Yes, it is conservative, but I've never known them to lie. They're the conservative indie media... lol.

Other link... Same story: (the 'big media' isn't paying attention, most of the findings are the result of people checking out their social media profiles.)

Man accused of hatching plot to kidnap Whitmer is BLM supporter and made comments critical of police

Last edited:

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
This is fake news, they were far right wing gun nuts, not BLM supporters, your Washington Post link does nothing to support your argument, only says one of them attended a BLM protest like a lot of other right wing nuts that caused riots on purpose to discredit BLM supporters.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
This is fake news, they were far right wing gun nuts, not BLM supporters, your Washington Post link does nothing to support your argument, only says one of them attended a BLM protest like a lot of other right wing nuts that caused riots on purpose to discredit BLM supporters.

No, people were looking into these guys on social media and the indies picked it up and did research and just shared the findings. It didn't support the MSM narrative, so they buried the update to the story. It's just a political hit job... For the other three, their political affiliations are unknown presently... But, 3 out of 6 is significant. And, it's not the Post... it's the washington examiner and pjmedia both of which are indie media. Regardless, of that... While both are highly conservative their opinion and fact areas are clearly demarked, lol.

It's also worth mentioning that MSM hasn't taken an opportunity to debunk these claims either. Which they could have easily done already. However, they probably know there is no point. :D

Lyndon

Premium Member
the washington examiner is far right fake news, you're whole story is made up, you should be embarrassed of yourself

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You have to look into their back history to make such an assessment.

For now, all that amounts to, is an assumption until its proven they had a background supporting right wing politics.

amorphous_constellation

I think maybe it's useful to think of the extremists as just that: extremists. As our culture heads into the future, it's possible that people will actually become more individualistic and non-categorical in their thinking. People consume more information now than they had after all, and they will therefore twist and distort all of it at will. Perhaps any view or combination of views can therefore be amped up into the extremes, but people just want to make it easier to think about than that. The principle thing to notice, is that they took their views in a direction where it became very wrong

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
To me, this is pretty crazy stuff... Mind you, I am fully aware there is a difference between BLM as in the idea, and some of the manifestations. Anyway, I just posted to share it.

"If you’re keeping book, that now means at least three of the six men indicted by the federal government for the frightening conspiracy to kidnap the governor from her vacation home are avowed anti-Donald Trump anarchists and at least one is a BLM protester. When half the conspirators rolled up by the feds are anarchists, this is what you might call a pattern.

The BLM connection comes from no less than The Washington Post, which buried the lede of its own story by headlining its piece, “Accused leader of plot to kidnap Michigan governor was struggling financially, living in basement storage space,” as if living in a basement was the most surprising thing about the conspirator. Indeed, we can be assured that if one of the conspirators had attended a Trump rally that would have headlined the story." - BLM Supporter Tied to Michigan Gov. Whitmer Kidnapping Plot. Demands Grow for Her to Apologize to Trump

Not speaking to the specifics on this, but in general there is a problem with viewing right and left-wing as the only continuum upon which political views rest.
If I was radically anti-government, I could still be pro-BLM. Indeed, many anarchists might fit into both buckets, even if they're not what we traditionally think of when discussing these issues.

Ultimately I (personally) don't care. Arrest them where they've breached the law, and charge them.

One thing I never understand is how groups of...err...citizens...get to style themselves a militia, and everyone buys into it. It seems to grant them a coherency and legitimacy they don't seem to have earned. It's not how I'd describe them, anyway. Let's leave it at that.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
the washington examiner is far right fake news, you're whole story is made up, you should be embarrassed of yourself

That doesn't address the point, and no claim was made... People were just collating data from someone's twitter feeds and so on and posting it on a conservative site. Someone then wrote an article and presented the information they found. That's not an opinion piece... That's reporting. It doesn't matter if that finding was posted on a conservative site or whatever if it's simply the truth. If the conservative site is wrong, then I am sure the MSM will have no problem refuting their claim. Of course, they can always just brush it off like they tend to do with these things when it doesn't fit their narrative. No one, to my knowledge has refuted any of this reporting and neither of the sources is a small company. The MSM certainly knows about their feeds.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Not speaking to the specifics on this, but in general there is a problem with viewing right and left-wing as the only continuum upon which political views rest.
If I was radically anti-government, I could still be pro-BLM. Indeed, many anarchists might fit into both buckets, even if they're not what we traditionally think of when discussing these issues.

Ultimately I (personally) don't care. Arrest them where they've breached the law, and charge them.

One thing I never understand is how groups of...err...citizens...get to style themselves a militia, and everyone buys into it. It seems to grant them a coherency and legitimacy they don't seem to have earned. It's not how I'd describe them, anyway. Let's leave it at that.

I concur with most of what you say here... A really radical leftist can echo BLM sentiments and at the same go full militia mode, but the elephant in the room to me is when will the left admit it has these radicals. =D I guess to me that's the only dishonesty in the silly reporting going on these days. Both sides have these goon squads... BLM is probably just their go-to issue of the day to complain about, but it goes much further than that for these individuals. It is accurate to refer to them as a BLM supporter or whatever because that's what the social media footprint shows, but they have other irons in the fire as well. Mind you, if I were BLM I'd be really pissed at these people for hijacking my message.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I think maybe it's useful to think of the extremists as just that: extremists.

This is exactly my take as well. I have no use for either side's lunatic fringe.

People also need to dial the importance of their political beliefs down from like an always 11 to like a 3-5. The world doesn't reflect this dichotomy at all, and most people are far more easy going that this. I mean when you met someone new do you go, "Republican or Democrat?" It never has crossed my mind... I have friends on both sides of the spectrum.

Lyndon

Premium Member
As has been made perfectly obvious, showing up at a BLM protest does not make you a BLM supporter, all you have shown is that one of these right wing ******** showed up at a BLM protest, nothing he has said shows any support for the BLM movement.

Last edited by a moderator:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I concur with most of what you say here... A really radical leftist can echo BLM sentiments and at the same go full militia mode, but the elephant in the room to me is when will the left admit it has these radicals. =D I guess to me that's the only dishonesty in the silly reporting going on these days. Both sides have these goon squads... BLM is probably just their go-to issue of the day to complain about, but it goes much further than that for these individuals. It is accurate to refer to them as a BLM supporter or whatever because that's what the social media footprint shows, but they have other irons in the fire as well. Mind you, if I were BLM I'd be really pissed at these people for hijacking my message.

Bit time poor, but quick messages (sorry!!)

1) Radicals willing to do violence have traditionally existed on both sides of politics. Don't see why that would be suddenly different now. Partisanship on this is ridiculous, be it from the media, law enforcement or (especially) government.
I would say, though, that just because radicals exist on both sides is the threat of violence equal from both sides. It waxes and wanes, and has as much to do with coherant and charismatic leadership, and boring things like logistic and communications as it does politics, much of the time.

2) BLM suffers the same problems as any other inclusive, broad-based movement. For the benefit of rapid growth and popularism you completely lose the ability to control messaging, behaviour and security.
It's always been this way. There are a hundred examples of groups who've faced various issues when expanding their base, but without expanding the base they're limited in scope and impact.

Heck, Che Guevaras career is basically a case study on this topic.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
As has been made perfectly obvious, showing up at a BLM protest does not make you a BLM supporter, all you have shown is that one of these right wing ******** showed up at a BLM protest, nothing he has said shows any support for the BLM movement.

No, but tweeting and posting in your facebook all day about things probably do. I realize it might be hard for you to understand, but read the article or something. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyndon

Premium Member
I read the article, they were right wing extremists opposed to the Democratic Governor, if they were trying to kill the President I might believe you!!

PureX

Veteran Member
If they are "avowed anarchists", they would support ANY movement that is currently fighting against the status quo. If a Trump goon squad started rioting because Trump lost the election, they would join with them, as well. They won't care what the cause is, just that it's causing chaos for the system.