• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At least 11 killed, businesses burned near Mexico's border with U.S. in violence blamed partly on El

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
At least 11 killed, businesses burned near Mexico's border with U.S. in violence blamed partly on El Chapo's Sinaloa cartel - CBS News

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico — A wave of violence in a Mexican city on the border with the United States left 11 people dead, including a radio presenter, and businesses torched, authorities said Friday.

In the first incident in Ciudad Juarez, two prison inmates were shot dead and 20 injured in a riot involving two rival gangs, Deputy Security Minister Ricardo Mejia told reporters.

Local media said both groups were linked to the Sinaloa cartel, whose former leader, Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, is currently serving a life sentence in the United States.

The violence has apparently spread to Jalisco, Guanajuato, and Baja California. The US Consulate has ordered US government employees in Tijuana to shelter in place due to the violence: U.S. Gov. Employees in Tijuana Told to Shelter in Place as Violence Breaks Out Across Baja California – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

U.S. government employees in Tijuana and parts of Baja California have been told to shelter in place as law enforcement in Mexico investigates multiple reports of vehicle fires, roadblocks and police activity, the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana said Friday night.

At least 19 vehicles were set on fire in five cities in northern Mexico: Mexicali, Ensenada, Tecate, Rosarito and Tijuana. The attacks on the vehicles were apparently coordinated and began around 6:45 p.m. local time and concluded at 7:15 p.m., including ones that occurred outside the Xolos stadium.

People were being asked to avoid the areas or find a safe place if they can't get out, and to monitor news outlets for updates.

The mayor of Tijuana, Montserrat Caballero Ramírez, said at least 10 vehicles were set on fire. The governor of Baja California, Marina del Pilar Ávila Olmeda, shared a message on her Twitter account condemning violence, and said police had detained multiple people.

Baja California joins the wave of violence that began this week in the states of Jalisco and Guanajuato in response to a military operation against leaders of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, and that extended Thursday night to the border city of Ciudad Juárez, which experienced hours of terror in which at least 11 people died.

Caballero ruled out a curfew in the city and said that citizens can continue with their activities on a daily and peaceful basis. Ramirez said he has 2,000 police officers and 3,000 National Guard troops ready if necessary.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Blame the Democrats with their stupid open border policies.
Sure, why not make a false claim that you have no facts, nor coherent explanation, as usual. Sling that right wing feces.

The "open borders" slogan is false right wing disinformation, so we know to dismiss that rhetoric.

Now, why are drug cartels in Mexico to blame in any way that is factually tied to democrat immigration policies?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Sure, why not make a false claim that you have no facts, nor coherent explanation, as usual. Sling that right wing feces.

The "open borders" slogan is false right wing disinformation, so we know to dismiss that rhetoric.

Now, why are drug cartels in Mexico to blame in any way that is factually tied to democrat immigration policies?
Bs. It's already well known that criminals cross the border on a regular basis.

Try pulling your head out of the sand for once.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Bs. It's already well known that criminals cross the border on a regular basis.

Try pulling your head out of the sand for once.
Irony. As if Trump's wall was going to change any of that? And democrats don't support illegal crossing, as you seem to suggest. Democrats do support international and federal laws, unlike Trump's policies.

So again you just want to blame a false cause, and offer no argument that will change what is happening. Some parts of Trump's wall has fallen down, and easily breached by people south of the border, so it offers nothing but a speed bump.

Twilight Hue

Irony. As if Trump's wall was going to change any of that? And democrats don't support illegal crossing, as you seem to suggest. Democrats do support international and federal laws, unlike Trump's policies.

So again you just want to blame a false cause, and offer no argument that will change what is happening. Some arts of Trump's wall has fallen down, and easily breached by people south of the border, so it offers nothing but a speed bump.
It's only a false cause to you.

Stop denying actual events.

Twilight Hue

Right, a well informed citizen who isn't a pawn for MAGA and FOX news disinformation.

I'm not denying anything. I'm rejecting your poorly informed and divisive rhetoric.
Looks like your still in denial to me.

Daemon Sophic

I suppose Baja California is on the other side of the border?

Apparently my geography is misplaced, no?
:eek: Wow! Do you need a napkin for all that egg on your face?

state-Baja-California-Mexico.jpg

2560px-Baja_California_in_Mexico.svg.png

Twilight Hue

Baja California is in Mexico.
So...I guess, yes?
Yes. I was geographically ignorant here.

Baja California is a Mexican peninsula thanks to @Stevicus and apologies in particular to @F1fan and @exchemist as I knee jerked my inital comment on an assumption Baja in the news feed was actually in the state California where these events happened.

A good reminder for myself to look into the story further prior to commenting.

To err is human,, and I'm leaving my inaccurate posts intact to remind myself of proper investigation prior to future posting.

I hope I hope i hope. Cross my fingers.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I suppose Baja California is on the other side of the border?

Yes, and New Mexico is on your side. Also, Laredo is on your side, but Nuevo Laredo is in Mexico.

The peninsula is called Baja California or Baja California peninsula. It contains two of Mexico's 31 states. The northern one is alternately called Baja California Norte, or just Baja California. The lower one is called Baja California Sur.

Baja_California_WV_map_PNG.png