• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At last...

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Namaste.

Please vote Obama in guys and gals. The world needs to see this kind of change in the U.S. to give hope to us all.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
If i was American i'd vote for him. He raises some good points, and oil dependence will crush economies. However, is America willing to adopt the price tag for securing a future without compromising current levels of energy?

Dunemeister

Namaste.

Please vote Obama in guys and gals. The world needs to see this kind of change in the U.S. to give hope to us all.

Don't buy into the myth of progress. This myth tells us that if we just work harder and look at things from the right point of view, everything will be all right. Intelligence and hard work are all we need to make things better.

Both Obama and McCain have intelligence to spare. And they're certainly not lazy. And both are supported by very vigorous and intelligent lobbies and lieutenants. But niether Obama nor McCain (nor their teams) will "give hope to us all." America doesn't need a charismatic leader who can lead them to the promised land. It needs a complete renovation of values. Obama will not bring that. Nor will McCain.

So don't vote because you think one of the candidates is "the hope for us all." That's an idolatry too big for any man to bear. Rather, vote for the man whom you believe advocates the right policies. That's going to be tough because, since professional politicians' dreamy visions haven't worked out, we're a pretty cynical bunch. So to get elected, politicians don't talk about policy. They make spin and craft image. The election is a PR campaign, not a contest of values and policies. So you have to dig pretty hard to get past the "savior" vs. "strong leader" rhetoric these men's camps are shoveling. But I wish my American friends the best of luck in this campaign because, as usual, their choice will affect the rest of us as well.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
If I were American, I'd vote for him just for chuckles. In fact, I think Obama's campaign should actively target the just for chuckles portion of the non-voting population. "Vote for me. Just for chuckles."

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Don't buy into the myth of progress. This myth tells us that if we just work harder and look at things from the right point of view, everything will be all right. Intelligence and hard work are all we need to make things better.

Both Obama and McCain have intelligence to spare. And they're certainly not lazy. And both are supported by very vigorous and intelligent lobbies and lieutenants. But niether Obama nor McCain (nor their teams) will "give hope to us all." America doesn't need a charismatic leader who can lead them to the promised land. It needs a complete renovation of values. Obama will not bring that. Nor will McCain.

So don't vote because you think one of the candidates is "the hope for us all." That's an idolatry too big for any man to bear. Rather, vote for the man whom you believe advocates the right policies. That's going to be tough because, since professional politicians' dreamy visions haven't worked out, we're a pretty cynical bunch. So to get elected, politicians don't talk about policy. They make spin and craft image. The election is a PR campaign, not a contest of values and policies. So you have to dig pretty hard to get past the "savior" vs. "strong leader" rhetoric these men's camps are shoveling. But I wish my American friends the best of luck in this campaign because, as usual, their choice will affect the rest of us as well.

"This myth tells us that if we just work harder and look at things from the right point of view, everything will be all right. Intelligence and hard work are all we need to make things better."

It's a ******* good start at least, you depressing git.

Further, the whole speach was pretty much policy, he wasn't just saying, "I'm awesome". He outlines HOW he'd bring about change... lighten the **** up.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Issues aside, there is no way in hell I would ever vote for a Christian fundamentalist to be president of the U.S. and leader of the free world. We've already seen how horrible that has turned out over the last 8 years.

Theocan

Issues aside, there is no way in hell I would ever vote for a Christian fundamentalist to be president of the U.S. and leader of the free world. We've already seen how horrible that has turned out over the last 8 years.

Bush is nothing compared to someone like John Hagee..

Have you read the Bush Tradegy? It talks about how Bush's religious advisor had to make Bush look like a religious person to win the religious right vote. (They put C.S. Lewis books on his desk and stuff)
:help:
And its scary Bush is pretending to be Christian fundamentalist, just imagine if a real one got in :help: :no:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Bush is nothing compared to someone like John Hagee..

Have you read the Bush Tradegy? It talks about how Bush's religious advisor had to make Bush look like a religious person to win the religious right vote. (They put C.S. Lewis books on his desk and stuff)
:help:
And its scary Bush is pretending to be Christian fundamentalist, just imagine if a real one got in :help: :no:

Well, some on the right might not be real fundamentalists, but they sure as hell pander to them and their agenda is contrary to everything America stands for.

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Well, some on the right might not be real fundamentalists, but they sure as hell pander to them and their agenda is contrary to everything America stands for.

Another reason why Obama kicks ***. He, although a Christian, stated that Church and State should be seperate.