• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AT-AT's Interwebs 101

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Lesson 1: Doesn't Afraid Of Anything

20190904_031635.jpg

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
"Trap" is a slur often used against trans women. It's also just very stupid and upholds the bigoted stereotype that trans women are "really" just men trying to trick straight men into having sex with them. Trans women have been murdered due to this lie. Please don't use it.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
"Trap" is a slur often used against trans women. It's also just very stupid and upholds the bigoted stereotype that trans women are "really" just men trying to trick straight men into having sex with them. Trans women have been murdered due to this lie. Please don't use it.

Where did you hear this? On Discord it tends to be used on cis men masquerading as women with the purpose of trolling.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Where did you hear this? On Discord it tends to be used on cis men masquerading as women with the purpose of trolling.

I looked it up, and see that 50% of the usage is as Frank described. The other 50% usage is used a little differently.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm a trans man. I'm well-aware of transphobic terms. It's always been transphobic. No one really does what you are describing. Trans women are MURDERED for even being suspected of doing it, so who is stupid enough to risk their lives to "troll", as you put it?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm a trans man. I'm well-aware of transphobic terms. It's always been transphobic. No one really does what you are describing. Trans women are MURDERED for even being suspected of doing it, so who is stupid enough to risk their lives to "troll", as you put it?

Yes there are weeaboos who will wear a female avatar, who are Male, then proceed to troll straight men. They stick to the internet and anonymous so that they can't be killed.

That being said, I didn't realize the word was also kind of a trigger for the LGBTQ+ community. I'll edit my post / not bring it up.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes there are weeaboos who will wear a female avatar, who are Male, then proceed to troll straight men. They stick to the internet and anonymous so that they can't be killed.

That being said, I didn't realize the word was also kind of a trigger for the LGBTQ+ community. I'll edit my post / not bring it up.
Yeah, I avoid anyone with an anime avatar because they're usually male psychopathic trolls. We have a few on here, actually.

Thank you.