• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astronomy has been thrown for Loop by James Webb Telescope Already

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Anton Petrov shows all of the new discoveries by the James Webb Telescope in only a few weeks!

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Anton Petrov shows all of the new discoveries by the James Webb Telescope in only a few weeks!

can you please provide a brief summary of these new discoveries, for those members who can't/don't want to sit around watching a video of unknown length and quality?

EDIT: and please explain how/why all these discoveries are 'throwing astronomy for a loop"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
can you please provide a brief summary of these new discoveries, for those members who can't/don't want to sit around watching a video of unknown length and quality?

EDIT: and please explain how/why all these discoveries are 'throwing astronomy for a loop"
Very interesting.
Very hard to summarize.
I'll try...
JW is designed to view objects farther away & back in time
than Hubble. Many unexpected galaxies of unexpected
color & shape are discovered. A revolution in cosmology?

Spend money on remote sensing endeavors like
this instead of wasting it on manned missions
to planets/moons. It's cheaper & more illuminating
to explore the universe than the Moon & Mars.

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Very interesting.
Very hard to summarize.
I'll try...
JW is designed to view objects farther away & back in time
than Hubble. Many unexpected galaxies of unexpected
color & shape are discovered. A revolution in cosmology?

Spend money on remote sensing endeavors like
this instead of wasting it on manned missions
to planets/moons. It's cheaper & more illuminating
to explore the universe than the Moon & Mars.
Thank you. I was aiming at OP Truthseeker to offer insight as to why they thought it needed a cheer, but without details. I've been watching the various reports of what the new data reveals, but I hadn't heard about the field having been 'thrown for a loop' by the deluge of new data.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thank you. I was aiming at OP Truthseeker to offer insight as to why they thought it needed a cheer, but without details. I've been watching the various reports of what the new data reveals, but I hadn't heard about the field having been 'thrown for a loop' by the deluge of new data.
Not everyone has my keen intellect & ability to
distill the complex down to pablum for the masses.
I could've said more, but I'm busy composing some
fart jokes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nothing delights science more than discrepancies. When we analyze them, we get new information. It is good that James Webb is discovering discrepancies. Science would emerge stronger because of it.
Most importantly, it keeps science interesting.