• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astrology (Documentary)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I was watching a documentary on how astrology works and it's history. This is a historical view rather than what you see in the news. It's an hour long.

It talks about the history of astrology. How it came to be from the Greeks etc. How it is used. The people who charted and how do the planets relate to our everyday life.

You can watch the video at your own leisure. What so you think of astrology? Do you use it in your life? Have you looked into it more academically and understand it from an astronomy point of view?

Discuss.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I was watching a documentary on how astrology works and it's history. This is a historical view rather than what you see in the news. It's an hour long.

It talks about the history of astrology. How it came to be from the Greeks etc. How it is used. The people who charted and how do the planets relate to our everyday life.

You can watch the video at your own leisure. What so you think of astrology? Do you use it in your life? Have you looked into it more academically and understand it from an astronomy point of view?

Discuss.
Bunk, peddled by charlatans.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
The video begins with a false premise: that the idea that the planets influence life on Earth is astrology. Rather, astrology is simply a form of divination.

Last edited:

GoodbyeDave

I have better things to do than watch videos and it is most unlikely that its makers (or anyone around here, for that matter) knows more about astrology and its history than I.

If it starts with the assumption that the planets have a physical influence on human life, then that is nonsense. That idea was first floated by Ptolemy, but refuted by Plotinus, whose arguments (although directed at Ptolemy's Aristotelian physics) are still effective.

Are those who said "bunk" referring to the video or to astrology? If the latter, would they be so kind as to tell us what their evidence is for that claim? I was taught that the scientific method is to examine the evidence before reaching a conclusion, but I've come to learn that many around here had a different sort of education, if any real education at all. Looking back on my student days, I remember that most of those who wanted horoscopes when they learned that I practiced astrology were scientists and engineers, not humanists!

As I said, I'm familiar with the subject. I'm also familiar with the astronomical side and I wrote my own software. I've also used it in my life, and it enabled me to plan my retirement at the age of 47!

exchemist

Veteran Member
Nice vedio thank you so much for sharing.
I am going to tell everyone about our astrology products
We provide our products at very cheap prices which are very good and beneficial.
One such product is going to tell about its properties and benefits.
Hakik is known in Hindi as Akik and in English Agate. Agate means that the name Hakik stone is taken from River Achatz in the city of Sicily, Greece. Greek philosophers searched this gem 300 BC. It was known in ancient times as the stone of warriors. Not only this, the well-known talisman who used to be in Egypt were also made of hakik’s gems.
Reported as spammer.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Are those who said "bunk" referring to the video or to astrology? If the latter, would they be so kind as to tell us what their evidence is for that claim? I was taught that the scientific method is to examine the evidence before reaching a conclusion...

Perhaps you were also taught about the burden of proof? If you're claiming that astrology works, it's up to you to provide the evidence.