• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astral Realm

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
Okay, one more time: How do you KNOW that "these are all infant thoughts....?" How do you KNOW that when you have lucid dreams that "these worlds are all part of my imagination?" How do you KNOW that astral projection, etc., "is all formed from imagination...?"

I likely would not take anyone's word. I don't even unquestioningly accept my own beliefs; I recognize that I may be mistaken, and that with further evidence I may have to change my mind. What I will take is evidence presented by others. I was hoping that you would present some of your evidence to back up your assertions, so I can better understand your position, and perhaps modify mine.
i don't mean " your imagination" as untrue

i mean it like its your/our imagination and these other worlds are just made up from them......meaning there not true just a physical form of imagination:)

mainliner

For those experienced in astral projection;

1. Can you describe it? (like how it looks)

2. Is the astral realm within this universe or a multiverse.

3. How long can you stay in it?

4. Can you meet other projectees?

5. What can you all do there?

1. Its easier to describe how it feels ;)..but looks bright and shiny.

2. The astral universe is separate and only known by the user...there is only one universe at a time in your own mind.

3. Beginners can be out as fast as they went in ......so can experts for that matter.......a few hours maybe. Idk. :)

4. Only people with all knowing knowledge like god.....or all the others in heaven ( i'v talked to some ;) ) << FACT :)

5. your universe is like gods univers.......you can do ANYTHING!! ..even start your own universe if you want ANYTHING!! LOL.

ps....flying's a cool thing to do hehe ;)

mainliner

People tend to act out ( in there imagination) fantasy scenarios will lucid like dungeons and dragons and Greek myths etc .........its diffecult to create something better than earth ......but you can put a childish spin on it like flying and breathing fire etc etc.........most people wont share there story's for the basic fact ......they wont be believed. ..

checkout a lucid dream forum for information and story's AND people you wont believe..........there like ultra intelligent children playing games in there "astral world".:)

abe soupbro

anyway is that all you have to offer......an insight into your appalling ignorance.lol :)

maybe your god undercover from his mother ...hmmm???

explain in your words and keep it simple the Jesus thing.
still learnin to be polite, are you? heh

lucid-dreamin sounds like the whip. perhaps w gaining some new techniques, i'll be able to apply such skills to lucid-livin. *insert ridiculous smiley-face here*

mainliner

still learnin to be polite, are you? heh

lucid-dreamin sounds like the whip. perhaps w gaining some new techniques, i'll be able to apply such skills to lucid-livin. *insert ridiculous smiley-face here*
u don't make sense pal

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Na you dint make sense

Sure he made sense. It seems to me that he was making a gentle jab at you, because this is a DIR, not a debate section. Please read the forum rules.

This is a DIR for people who fall into a catch-all category of religions that are not covered in all of the other DIRs, and thus, who it's for is not perfectly clear, although several options are listed as sub-DIRs. But, if you are not of one of those religions, Forum rules limit visitors primarily to asking polite questions. You apparently do not have a religious belief or practice, and the content of your posts suggests a very humanistic and perhaps atheistic point of view. There are DIRs for these kinds of beliefs, where you are free to assert what you believe, and carry on a discussion with like-minded individuals, and visitors may ask you polite questions. And of course, the Debate sections are open to all points of view and all manner of comments--as long as they remain polite.

Consequently, you should not be contradicting what members of this DIR say, denying their beliefs with the undefended assertions of your own beliefs as if they are facts, which are not appropriate in this DIR.

Does that make sense to you now?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Mainliner...yes, accepting there is an actual reality represented by the idea of 'astral plane', and that it is possible for advanced souls to willingly leave the physical body for a time...to what purpose does this astral travel serve in the context of destiny do you think?

mainliner

Mainliner...yes, accepting there is an actual reality represented by the idea of 'astral plane', and that it is possible for advanced souls to willingly leave the physical body for a time...to what purpose does this astral travel serve in the context of destiny do you think?
no idea to be honest.

@ben d

use the @ before typing a name and theme get an alert as to where you are.....you can use it like a phone

mainliner

Sure he made sense. It seems to me that he was making a gentle jab at you, because this is a DIR, not a debate section. Please read the forum rules.

This is a DIR for people who fall into a catch-all category of religions that are not covered in all of the other DIRs, and thus, who it's for is not perfectly clear, although several options are listed as sub-DIRs. But, if you are not of one of those religions, Forum rules limit visitors primarily to asking polite questions. You apparently do not have a religious belief or practice, and the content of your posts suggests a very humanistic and perhaps atheistic point of view. There are DIRs for these kinds of beliefs, where you are free to assert what you believe, and carry on a discussion with like-minded individuals, and visitors may ask you polite questions. And of course, the Debate sections are open to all points of view and all manner of comments--as long as they remain polite.

Consequently, you should not be contradicting what members of this DIR say, denying their beliefs with the undefended assertions of your own beliefs as if they are facts, which are not appropriate in this DIR.

Does that make sense to you now?:rolleyes:
yes but its nothing what he was saying

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
no idea to be honest.
Well how about...to develop a fully functioning astral 'light body' out of astral matter that is sufficiently coherent for the soul* to use as its vehicle of manifestation after the death and dissolution of the physical body. If you die physically before the astral light body is fully developed, then just as the physical corpse dissolves, so does the aborted incompleted astral body.....and the soul needs to reincarnate and try again.

* The destiny of all souls is to attain a state of being on the next higher plane from which they are presently at in the grand cosmic scheme of involution and evolution...

I died as a mineral and became a plant;
I died as a plant and rose to animal;
I died as an animal and I was a man.
Why should I fear?
When was I less by dying?
Yet once more I shall die as man to soar...
With angels blest.
But even from an angel I must pass on:
All except God must give way.
When I have sacrificed my angel soul,
I shall become what no mind has ever conceived. -
Jalaluddin Rumi

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
All except God must give way.
When I have sacrificed my angel soul,
I shall become what no mind has ever conceived
But even god gives way -- eventually -- but Rumi couldn't say that... He did push the line as far as his contemporaries could handle though.

I'd also change the word "develop" to "utilize" as it already exists. It's sort of like a wild horse one learns to master... Jus' sayin'

mainliner

i was talking to a physicist and he said he has obe's all the time
so he decided to test it by putting a newspaper with todays date on next to his bed.

he found himself having an obe and looked at the newspaper date and it was different ..... it should have been the same.

just thought this might interest some one :)

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
i was talking to a physicist and he said he has obe's all the time
so he decided to test it by putting a newspaper with todays date on next to his bed.

he found himself having an obe and looked at the newspaper date and it was different ..... it should have been the same.

just thought this might interest some one :)
Interesting anecdote, but hardly a tight experiment--after all, he KNEW he put a newspaper there, and knew its date--that he saw a different date tells us nothing meaningful. Thanks for sharing.

mainliner

Interesting anecdote, but hardly a tight experiment--after all, he KNEW he put a newspaper there, and knew its date--that he saw a different date tells us nothing meaningful. Thanks for sharing.
i think your missing the point young sir/maddam.......read the rest of thread:)

there is no astral realm ..... Its all imagined.

hense the wrong date .
he could have imagined the correct date.....but he'd be non the wiser.

seeing the wrong date means the astral realm is fictional imagination of this world :)

correct ;)

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
i think your missing the point young sir/maddam.......read the rest of thread:)

there is no astral realm ..... Its all imagined.

hense the wrong date .
he could have imagined the correct date.....but he'd be non the wiser.

seeing the wrong date means the astral realm is fictional imagination of this world :)

correct ;)

o_O[Where's the blasted face-palm emoji?]:rolleyes:

[Decides that this one is not worth the effort. Shakes his head and moves on to more productive matters.]:D

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
After decades of trying to Astrally Project, I finally got it right.

I know it was real because the knowledge I acquired from the process,
was absolutely applicable in an accurate mathematical sense.
This is what I first called a 'dream' but the effects are far to real for a mere dream,
it can only be genuine astral projection due to the after-effects of the realization that took place.

The best way to combat insomnia is to try and stay awake. Three days of deliberate sleep deprivation led to a dream whereupon I visited God to ask him some personal questions about the morality of the world. Having been given a satisfactory answer, I was returning to my body when I noticed that the shape of the path I was following was that of a perfect sine curve. I now realized that this Platonic form, the sine curve, was precisely what I required to solve a problem in alternative aircraft design.

I awoke with an unusual sensation ~ moving seamlessly from waking to dreaming to waking again ~ being aware of both clearly as if there were no difference between the two states of mind. It was like walking out of the ocean at a shallow incline, part of one’s perceptions in one world, part the other; a gradual change in environment, yet without change in awareness. It was a distinctly easy feeling, unlike a normal fuzzy, sudden or confusing awakening experience completely.

In the dream I had complete awareness of who I was and what my waking life consisted of. When I had begun sleeping that night, it was with full consciousness, unlike normally when one forgets what one was thinking in the moments before sleep. I was acutely aware of why I was having that particular, peculiar dream. I was deliberately waking up now, in order to apply the sine curve to the flying ruler phenomenon. The entire sequence of events formed a single deliberate scene.

The possibility that I could have explored the world from this perspective (the dream world) was a bit less interesting than the application of the knowledge that had just been revealed to me. I sensed that God was somewhat surprised at this, expecting me to be more interested in everyone’s lives from the perspective of the dreaming realm, rather than simply returning to the waking one. Even today, as I write this, I feel I may have missed something by being focused too much on the aircraft.

As I awoke, another idea formed in my mind. It was driven out from the subconscious part of my meditations by this new feeling of enlightenment. The second idea involved the origins of the blueness of the daylight sky.

I had a distinct feeling that it was a state of psychological clarity stemming from the moral confidence acquired in the dream; that now allowed me to entertain these, and many other ideas with the full attention of my conscious mind. Before now, I had lacked faith in the ideas presented to my imagination.

Source here:

Dream

This is the first part of the results of this phenomenon:
sketchup-aircraft.jpg

First un-powered stable prototype flying in gale force wind:
flight-light.jpg

The first powered prototype (briefly) leaves the ground here:
principle-flight-1.jpg

Principle of Flight: Entothopter Videos

For the last 10 years,
that single 'dream' has inspired over 30 discoveries

Like this idea better described in one image:
blue-sun.jpg

here is the full list of these countless ideas on my homepage:

Flight, Light and Spin ~ Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Including how dark energy is 'spin' the fifth fundamental force of the universe...........

Its so big
every day its more ideas
i can hardly keep up with articulating them all
just almost too big to carry in my head

a burden more terrible than the sun

its like I am carrying God on my shoulders...
its sometimes heavier than the entire universe...

And yet, its sometimes so light, so light,
so bright it blinds me.

Aaron Black

Negative Icon
I see such a "realm" as being components of multiple dimensions. I also do not believe you have to go "out of body" in a literal sense to observe that "realm".

A lot of the imagery in my own experience seems to overlap, almost like a dense ghost image on top of a less dense ghost image and so on. Everything is slightly transparent and if I change my frequency, I can see more of one layer than another.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I see such a "realm" as being components of multiple dimensions. I also do not believe you have to go "out of body" in a literal sense to observe that "realm".

A lot of the imagery in my own experience seems to overlap, almost like a dense ghost image on top of a less dense ghost image and so on. Everything is slightly transparent and if I change my frequency, I can see more of one layer than another.
It's early days for you and Jonathan....leaving your body is the end goal....I mean you have to leave it sometime... But this can't happen permanently until you have passed all the trials ans mastered being out of body, or because the body fails/dies.. One word of advice....somewhere along the way...the idea that you are the body needs to be seen as an error....and that oob experiences belong to the self of the body....yes..that labelled Aaron and Jonathan...

Aaron Black

Negative Icon
It's early days for you and Jonathan....leaving your body is the end goal....I mean you have to leave it sometime... But this can't happen permanently until you have passed all the trials ans mastered being out of body, or because the body fails/dies.. One word of advice....somewhere along the way...the idea that you are the body needs to be seen as an error....and that oob experiences belong to the self of the body....yes..that labelled Aaron and Jonathan...

I do not believe in this Earth or any other incarnation point is a school nonsense. Everything I am doing, I have done before many times. The difference this life time is I am aware of this and aim to do something about it.