• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astral Realm

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
For those experienced in astral projection;

1. Can you describe it? (like how it looks)

2. Is the astral realm within this universe or a multiverse.

3. How long can you stay in it?

4. Can you meet other projectees?

5. What can you all do there?

chinu

chinu

I just liked your curiosity of knowing all this :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'll start out by saying that I find the term to be quite distasteful, but am willing to admit that on my first jaunt out of my body I did see it all as an "astral" realm. I'm thinking that that was because I had no other term to assimilate the experience. I've long since abandoned the term and much prefer expansions of consciousness that can include -- well, anything...

Non-dual experiences are extremely difficult to rendering into normal "earth bound" terms. It's very pretty, highly entertaining and quite thrilling however. It's not like anything anyone could possibly expect.

Beats me.

As long as you can retain your focus. Meditation can help enormously here.

Apparently.
Hmmmm. This question is much harder to answer than one might think. It's hard to describe the accelerated learning environment.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
on my first jaunt out of my body I did see it all as an "astral" realm.

What would you say to skeptics who say you just hallucinated being out of body. That you can't possibly go out of the body because consciousness is created and can only exist in the physical brain.

(i'm not one of those skeptics btw)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What would you say to skeptics who say you just hallucinated being out of body. That you can't possibly go out of the body because consciousness is created and can only exist in the physical brain.

(i'm not one of those skeptics btw)
I normally just shrug my shoulders and suggest they go pound sand. :)

Seriously though I do understand that it could be hallucinatory in nature, but that hallucination changed my world completely. I've never looked at reality the same way since or at the self in the same way since. Frankly, I assert there is MUCH more going on "under the hood" of consciousness than current scientific understanding allows for. Hopefully things will change in the future...

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
Just as someone said above ....."I've long since abandoned the term and much prefer expansions of consciousness that can include -- well, anything..."

exactly.....theres defintly no Mistry world its just what you make up in your our mind

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
exactly.....theres defintly no Mistry world its just what you make up in your our mind

There are those who would say that your are mistaken, that there is indeed a "Mistry world" existing, not something you "make up in your own mind.":D The fact that we experience it subjectively, and that it is a mystery, does not make it imaginary.

mainliner

There are those who would say that your are mistaken, that there is indeed a "Mistry world" existing, not something you "make up in your own mind.":D The fact that we experience it subjectively, and that it is a mystery, does not make it imaginary.
it does.

were only children .....children with imagination:)

mainliner

There's nothing more than this world .......anything out of this world is imaginary:).

have you ever heard the saying..." let your imagination run wild"

that's all it is trust me :)

mainliner

Yes, it's still poorly understood.
we've not evolved enough in intelligence to fully understand.

this may sound an insult but we only use 20% of our brain when awake......its all used when asleep :)

there is no other world but this, if there was it would mean there would be two subconscious worlds........we all know alpha and omega the first and last.

there's only one world ........ But the experiences iv had in life leaves me to say ....... Anything is possible and logic is just an illusion.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Just because I hate it every time this nonsense comes up:

No, you don't use only 10%, 20%, or some other small percent of your brain.

I missed this thread when it first was created, but it's my observation that "astral projection" is a way of couching a phenomena already observed in other cultures that use different terms for it. It's basically journeywork, or exploring intangible dimensions of reality (what mundanes will just call "using your imagination"). It's appearance is tremendously varied, it defies categorizations of "where" in spatial terms as well as "when" in temporal terms, you can stay in it indefinitely (though this is not recommended) and technically you're always connected to it in some fashion, you can "meet" all sorts of things, and you can do anything you can imagine there. But I wouldn't blame anyone for ignoring my perspective on the grounds that I'm not a "traditionalist" when it comes to understanding these things. I use neither the terms "astral projection" or "astral plane" in my path, because everything they explain is already circumscribed by journeywork and the otherworlds to me.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
we've not evolved enough in intelligence to fully understand.

this may sound an insult but we only use 20% of our brain when awake......its all used when asleep :)

there is no other world but this, if there was it would mean there would be two subconscious worlds........we all know alpha and omega the first and last.

there's only one world ........ But the experiences iv had in life leaves me to say ....... Anything is possible and logic is just an illusion.

Not a debate, but would like to know: if we've not evolved enough intelligence to understand, don't use all of our brains, and anything is possible and logic is just an illusion, how do you know that there is "no other world but this," and why should I take your word for it?

Frankly, in a sense, I agree with your statement that there is only one world, just not in the way you seem to be using the phrase; the "Mistry world", or the "subconscious worlds" you posit, are all part and parcel of "the world." Nothing unnatural or supernatural or imaginary about them. Just the world perceived/experienced in different ways.

mainliner

Not a debate, but would like to know: if we've not evolved enough intelligence to understand, don't use all of our brains, and anything is possible and logic is just an illusion, how do you know that there is "no other world but this," and why should I take your word for it?

Frankly, in a sense, I agree with your statement that there is only one world, just not in the way you seem to be using the phrase; the "Mistry world", or the "subconscious worlds" you posit, are all part and parcel of "the world." Nothing unnatural or supernatural or imaginary about them. Just the world perceived/experienced in different ways.
these are all infant thoughts and beliefs of parallel universes , Mistry worlds etc.....as i said were not intelligently evolved enough to understand the full reason the universe is here and as it is. :)

astral protection , oba, lucidity is all formed from imagination .....there not real.

when i have lucid dreams i venture into alternate universes/worlds full of "MISTRY"......... these "worlds are all part of my imagination..... There not real:).

you said.... " why should i take your word for it"

would you take anyone's word for it for that matter ?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
these are all infant thoughts and beliefs of parallel universes , Mistry worlds etc.....as i said were not intelligently evolved enough to understand the full reason the universe is here and as it is. :)

astral protection , oba, lucidity is all formed from imagination .....there not real.

when i have lucid dreams i venture into alternate universes/worlds full of "MISTRY"......... these "worlds are all part of my imagination..... There not real:).

Forgive my appalling ignorance but when did the word "MISTRY" come into existence? Might I assume that you are intending the word "mystery" instead?

mainliner

Forgive my appalling ignorance but when did the word "MISTRY" come into existence? Might I assume that you are intending the word "mystery" instead?
correct lol........my spelling is terrible i new it was wrong subconsciously;)

or sub- somethingorother...lol

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

Okay, one more time: How do you KNOW that "these are all infant thoughts....?" How do you KNOW that when you have lucid dreams that "these worlds are all part of my imagination?" How do you KNOW that astral projection, etc., "is all formed from imagination...?"

I likely would not take anyone's word. I don't even unquestioningly accept my own beliefs; I recognize that I may be mistaken, and that with further evidence I may have to change my mind. What I will take is evidence presented by others. I was hoping that you would present some of your evidence to back up your assertions, so I can better understand your position, and perhaps modify mine.

mainliner

anyway is that all you have to offer......an insight into your appalling ignorance.lol :)

maybe your god undercover from his mother ...hmmm???

explain in your words and keep it simple the Jesus thing.

mainliner

I just got the other universes thingy...duh!!! Lol

its the universe god has created which is put on hold when one lucid dreams......thus starting a second universe in lucidity only just its my universe of imagination and all logic is an illusion :)

if there is multiple universes.......there can only be one at a time ;)

the rest are just a memory and impossible to prove.