• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assuming guilt

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can you actually post the scripture being debated?

It's very confusing to see a debate in the Scriptural Debate section, with no reference to the particular scripture being debated.
Deuteronomy 19:15
"A single witness shall not rise up against a man on account of any iniquity or any sin which he has committed; on the evidence of two or three witnesses a matter shall be confirmed.
Matthew 18:16
But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Colossians 1:22-22

21Once you were alienated from God and were hostile in your minds because of your evil deeds. 22But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence—

Whenever anyone has any privileges in the congregation, which includes going door to door preaching, we are to assume they are righteously inclined because we are also told that Holy Spirit rules within it.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/

Our Jehovah's Witness friend on the forum will be so happy you asked!

The link is to the official JW web site.

I was a JW for almost twenty years. I left because an elder told me I had to trust the governing body but I knew these.
Psalms 146:3 Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save.
Psalms 108:12 Give us aid against the enemy, for human help is worthless.
They teach that to be righteous a person must do good to the faithful and discreet slave which they say is the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses.
They say they are "The Truth".
But I obey the way, the truth, and the life as I can. It is not them. John 14:6

It says christianity.
o_O and bible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1 John 4:18 but that there are allowed bad people in the congregations people should not trust others. A good parent should fear for their children in the congregation.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah.
Jewovahs witnesses believe in the Bible, the Deity of the bible and Jesus as some kind of savior... Basically Christian beliefs.
Yes. But they say that to go to them and be taught by them is God's will for you. The true God's will for you. Do you not believe it?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
They are the elders in the congregation. A child who accuses anyone is not believed if the adult denies it so it does not turn out right and the child must now suffer not being believed. And the parents also.

Also, the family is thrust into darkness because they will never be told what actions are taken if any.
Still that does not say what denomination nor what they are citing as authority.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The JWs say that the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is the present day ARK and to get into it means to be expecting to be saved from the Great Tribulation, the Judgement and Death. So does it not follow that the people IN it would never hurt a child? That is why parents trust other JWs to be good. That is all they do.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Yes. But they say that to go to them and be taught by them is God's will for you. The true God's will for you. Do you not believe it?

My true God is only Lord SHRI Krishna.
The actual Purusha under whom Prakriti works and makes this universe and of course, Bhagavad Gita the only scripture of God. :)

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Yes. I am familiar with some cases and I have heard of many others.
The parents of the children might be blamed because they trusted the abuser. But what they learn at meetings causes trust. It really does.
Here you proved my point: that it is not the black and white situation you present it to be.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is not wise to trust all people who get into God's ark to be saved. Even though a good parent should fear for his or her child in the congregation because everyone in it can't be trusted, they will probably never hear about a case of child abuse in it.

So the parent should believe it all to be a good JW but he can't believe that it is the ark. Would God allow someone who harms children into it?

4consideration

Premium Member
Deuteronomy 19:15
"A single witness shall not rise up against a man on account of any iniquity or any sin which he has committed; on the evidence of two or three witnesses a matter shall be confirmed.
Matthew 18:16
But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
I don't think those verses mean don't listen to a child who says he/she was harmed by someone. If they are being used to justify looking the other way when an adult is harming a child, that's sad and wrong.

Organizations tend toward being self-protective. When they allow children to continue be harmed rather than address the problems, they have betrayed a basic responsibility to protect the innocent. If that is happening in the group you belonged to, I don't blame you if you left it. I would consider that leaving is a no-brainer.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think those verses mean don't listen to a child who says he/she was harmed by someone. If they are being used to justify looking the other way when an adult is harming a child, that's sad and wrong.

Organizations tend toward being self-protective. When they allow children to continue be harmed rather than address the problems, they have betrayed a basic responsibility to protect the innocent. If that is happening in the group you belonged to, I don't blame you if you left it. I would consider that leaving is a no-brainer.
It did not happen to me so I knew nothing about any case until I left and discovered the internet. As a JW I was admonished to stay away form the internet and I did. In twenty years I did not hear once about any sin a JW might have committed. The JWs do an excellent job projecting a righteous image. I really had no fear that members of a congregation would ever think to do anything bad to a child. At conventions I was always careful because I did not know who was a JW and who wasn't.

A neighbor JW opened up to me that her children were abused by their JW father. The last I knew she is still a faithful JW. I know one of her sons and I would say his life was harmed by it.

Last edited: