• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assuming Evolution is True......

CynthiaCypher

Do the intelligent have disproportionate breeding success? Do they have more children than us blockheads?
If not, how's the trait going to increase in the general population?

No. Intelligence isn't entirely genetic, very little of it is. It's more environmental. But human suggestibility is both genetic and environmental. We are wired to take orders.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And cognitive function decreases in cold.

Did you see that science documentary about skilled fighters?

They put a navy seal in ice water for an hour.
Then ran him through a repeat of an obstacle course with gun play.
He did better, after the hour in ice water.

But let's say that cold, is of the grave?
You still there?
Or have you moved on to 'something better'?

I believe, evolution is the handiwork of God.
That's how we got here.
The body is intended to render a spirit.
But you gotta be smart about it.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good job!...that looks like it!
what do you think about it?
Quite impressive.
Every animal is remarkably gifted in the skills and abilities needed for its particular lifestyle. We humans are #1 only in two or three cognitive skills. In everything else we're bested by other species.

Last edited by a moderator:

shawn001

You should see the new Nature on PBS on whales and Dolphins and how smart they are and how they communicate. Very impressive to say the least. They also have three times the specialized brain cells that we use to think only humans had. Spindle cells in the cortex which is thought to be involved in cognitive processes.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Quite impressive.
Every animal is remarkably gifted in the skills and abilities needed for its particular lifestyle. We humans are #1 only in two or three cognitive skills. In everything else we're bested by other species.

Agreed!

Now...let's see if we can bring God into this...

If we humans really do believe ourselves.....top of the line life form....
then is it not, by the merit of our souls?

Evolution and soul development as one?
The spirit of Man as an evolutionary process?
I think not.

See the story of manipulation in Chapter Two of Genesis.
It has all the earmarks of hands on interference.
It has all the earmarks of a science experiment.

rusra02

Premium Member
Assuming Evolution is True, are the human beings in general getting more and more
intellignet or less and less intelligent with the passage of generations? Please support
your argument with concrete reasoning and evidence.

Sorry, can't make the false assumption that evolution is true. The human race has been degenerating since Adam's sin.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Sorry, can't make the false assumption that evolution is true. The human race has been degenerating since Adam's sin.
Organisms have been degenerating and regenerating since the dinosaurs got wiped off the planet. There is no evidence that there was an ape superior to current humans.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

It has nothing to do with science at all. It actually raises more questions concerning biology than it could possibly answer unless you can produce some empirical evidence that says human male DNA can give rise to females.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

A supposed "sin" would have absolutely nothing to do with biological evolution. Evolution is happening whether one is doing what is construed as "morally" right or "morally" wrong.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It has nothing to do with science at all. It actually raises more questions concerning biology than it could possibly answer unless you can produce some empirical evidence that says human male DNA can give rise to females.

Let's see...
Adam was made to sleep, deeply...anesthesia...
Surgery....a rib removed...
The rib was cloned...
The clone was genetically engineered to be female.

Now if you want to read Genesis otherwise?...fine.

Faith doesn't need proving.
I just find it interesting the play of event having technique centuries before Man has a clue about such things.

shawn001

Agreed!

Now...let's see if we can bring God into this...

If we humans really do believe ourselves.....top of the line life form....
then is it not, by the merit of our souls?

Evolution and soul development as one?
The spirit of Man as an evolutionary process?
I think not.

There is no evidence humans have souls.

The evolution of the brain is totally clear to anyone who looks into it. For one brain size grew from cooking meat when we were still caveman.

A lot of us still have 2-4% Neanderthal DNA.

Arguing against evolution is like arguing the earth is flat still.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There is no evidence humans have souls.

The evolution of the brain is totally clear to anyone who looks into it. For one brain size grew from cooking meat when we were still caveman.

A lot of us still have 2-4% Neanderthal DNA.

Arguing against evolution is like arguing the earth is flat still.

Incorrect assumption on your part.
I believe in evolution.

God created Man as a species...Day Six.
Chapter Two is a separate event, a story of manipulation.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Let's see...
Adam was made to sleep, deeply...anesthesia...
Surgery....a rib removed...
The rib was cloned...
The clone was genetically engineered to be female.

You have not established for a fact that taking human male DNA can give rise to a female. To clone means you get an exact (per se) copy. We know a great deal about biology and we know for a fact that what your bible says about the creation of female from male is impossible. If you said that sperm was taken from Adam and the sperm was X and "God" took an egg that was X and a female was created then that would give the story credibility...but then more questions would arise such as (where did "God" get that egg if Adam was the only human at the time?). So we know you can't produce another human of the opposite sex from one male human DNA.

Now if you want to read Genesis otherwise?...fine.

I read it as it is and the procedure is biologically incorrect.

Faith doesn't need proving.

This is a statement of convenience and means very little when discussing biological evolution and diversity.

I just find it interesting the play of event having technique centuries before Man has a clue about such things.

If you assume it has anything to do with science then sure but knowing what we know about science the procedure makes no sense at all.

shawn001

Incorrect assumption on your part.
I believe in evolution.

God created Man as a species...Day Six.
Chapter Two is a separate event, a story of manipulation.

"I believe in evolution."

well thats good, but?

Explain it to me and how long it has taken?

Genesis has the order of things wrong.

"Faith doesn't need proving."

If I have just faith about crossing a very busy street on a green light with my eyes closed could I be hit by a vehicle?

Or would faith alone protect me? Would I be better off crossing a busy street like that by obervations or just by faith with my eyes closed. Which would work out better do you think?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You have not established for a fact that taking human male DNA can give rise to a female. To clone means you get an exact (per se) copy. We know a great deal about biology and we know for a fact that what your bible says about the creation of female from male is impossible. If you said that sperm was taken from Adam and the sperm was X and "God" took an egg that was X and a female was created then that would give the story credibility...but then more questions would arise such as (where did "God" get that egg if Adam was the only human at the time?). So we know you can't produce another human of the opposite sex from one male human DNA.

You keep harping on this as if it matters...it doesn't.

I read it as it is and the procedure is biologically incorrect.

And Moses was technician enough to write it better?
Hence the terms.

This is a statement of convenience and means very little when discussing biological evolution and diversity.

And Genesis is a book of faith not science.

If you assume it has anything to do with science then sure but knowing what we know about science the procedure makes no sense at all.

Check the motivation in the story line.
It's not pronounced...you have to be quick to see it.

Man as a species Day Six.
Amusing but hardly spiritual.

Chapter Two... a deliberate manipulation to alter the body and spirit of Man.
What's so hard about that?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
"I believe in evolution."

well thats good, but?

Explain it to me and how long it has taken?

Genesis has the order of things wrong. True.
But Moses was writing a science document.

"Faith doesn't need proving."

If I have just faith about crossing a very busy street on a green light with my eyes closed could I be hit by a vehicle?

Or would faith alone protect me? Would I be better off crossing a busy street like that by obervations or just by faith with my eyes closed. Which would work out better do you think?

You need to recalibrate your boundaries of faith.
You could get hurt or dead in this world.

And the angels might not care and turn away, if you carry faith as you do.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

You keep harping on this as if it matters...it doesn't.

Be cause it is if you continue to refer to said biblical events as a scientific procedure.

And Moses was technician enough to write it better?
Hence the terms.

And what's your point? Observing the procedure itself as well as the outcome is still biology incorrect.

And Genesis is a book of faith not science.

Then stop referring to any of it as if any of it has to do with science.

Chapter Two... a deliberate manipulation to alter the body and spirit of Man.
What's so hard about that?

How? How do you take human male DNA and make a woman?