• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assume you are the " creator "

Onoma

Making yourself a man would entail destroying godhood. So, in the end you would destroy God... Okay, I guess.

Would it ?

Why then would Mesopotamians and Egyptians consider men to be gods ?

Seems like well-attested to historical tradition is counter to your personal philosophy

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I guess I am unsure of what the question is, but I'll try again

What you said was this: " I was wondering how does creation, say looking at the sunset, show characteristics of an abrahamic god, without referring to scripture or any written and oral reference related to christianity ? "

" How " would refer to the method ?

That would be metrology- the science of measurement

" Show " would refer to how this was presented ?

That would be data and analysis of the data gleaned while measuring

Where you say " characteristics of an Abrahamic God ", I am unclear what you mean, because this is something that is usually described differently by almost any person asked and seems to be all over the board - God is tolerant, God is intolerant, God is peaceful and loving, God is wrathful and vengeful, and so on

Are you Christian? Or believe creation is the sign of a creator?

I'm not a theist so I can't figure how say a sunset points to a creator. But I think @Brian2 is a theist.

Characteristics of creation that points to a creator.

So, a Christian would say a sunset is evidence of a creator. How does one draw that conclusion without scripture (and the word god) involved?

Onoma

Are you Christian? Or believe creation is the sign of a creator?

I would say yes, but my beliefs ( The minutiae ) would have many other Christians saying " no " :p

Creation a sign of the creator ?

Mmmm, I would say more that I believe that if some entity and / or entities " created " the universe and they wanted to leave the evidence for us to discover, it would be through metrology ( The science of measurement ) and analysis combined with pure math

I'm not a theist so I can't figure how say a sunset points to a creator. But I think @Brian2 is a theist.

Characteristics of creation that points to a creator.

So, a Christian would say a sunset is evidence of a creator. How does one draw that conclusion without scripture (and the word god) involved?

Well, again, I am far from what most folks would consider a Christian and my ideas and beliefs where theology are concerned would not have me making a claim that a mere sunset is satisfactory evidence, so I am not sure I could go along with what I feel is an untenable leap of logic ....

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Would it ?

Why then would Mesopotamians and Egyptians consider men to be gods ?

Seems like well-attested to historical tradition is counter to your personal philosophy

Because they weren't considered men in the first place. I would be cautious when looking so far back though, it can be way too easy to be mislead by the writtings left behind.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Can you give an example of how creation itself lead to a believe in god and tell one about god?

For example, a sunset? A baby in the womb? or so have you...

Is there something specific that connects the two? A hunch?

Good question. I would say more than a hunch. There no doubt is intuition involved but a careful considering of of nature also and how it may have come about and why it is so amazing.
Then I look at attempts by some people (and even by some scientists) to show otherwise and can see that they are working on a hunch instead of facts.
Then I look at the Bible and can see that God has even shown Himself to us in history.