• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assessing the COVID Fear

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Please, folks. Visit the emergency room if you're sick. It's alright to fear (admitting it or not), but don't put yourself worse off than the virus itself.

This is what 'flattening the curve' is all about: making sure that there are enough hospital beds so people with other emergencies can still get treatment in a timely manner.

Wear masks and keep social distance so people with *other* emergencies can get treatment and live.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This is what 'flattening the curve' is all about: making sure that there are enough hospital beds so people with other emergencies can still get treatment in a timely manner.

Wear masks and keep social distance so people with *other* emergencies can get treatment and live.

It's a nice thought. I was watching interview videos and patients are literally afraid to go to emergency rooms. I mean, for me, I just have epilepsy. So, my seizures aren't life threatening so I tell 911 I don't need to go. Put people having strokes, heart attacks, and so forth are literally not calling 911. If you really need to go, you need to go. Coronavirus symptoms are no different. If you have symptoms you're not familiar with-virus, heart attack, diabetic seizures, whatever, one should go. That would be odd women having babies at home because they dont want to take up a bed in the hospital for other people. We need to know we are worth being treated too.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Please, folks. Visit the emergency room if you're sick.
IMO:
Using my common sense ... best chance to get Covid-19 is in hospitals (even many nurses get it there)
I do understand that they start advertising now and make it look better as hospitals are about $Dollars$

Personally I prefer to stay out of hospitals. If possible I just stay in bed + fasting and wait till I get better
Of course for certain things you need to go to the hospital (broken legs etc) if you desire to "not die"
I don't mind to die, so for me the choice to avoid emergency room is easy:)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
last December I went to the ER
I had been heaving like trying to evacuate my entire digestive tract

not kidding

and the nurses were heard to say......what?
another guy with a bad stomach?

my son went next

after a few weeks my family and I are sure...….
the ER is NOT sure

just really expensive

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
IMO:
Using my common sense ... best chance to get Covid-19 is in hospitals (even many nurses get it there)
I do understand that they start advertising now and make it look better as hospitals are about $Dollars$

Personally I prefer to stay out of hospitals. If possible I just stay in bed + fasting and wait till I get better
Of course for certain things you need to go to the hospital (broken legs etc) if you desire to "not die"

Hospitals are the best place to be. If you get COVID, you'll go to the hospital anyway. I can see emergency room visits to a family member. People don't want to go (or can't cause of rules) cause they fear getting COVID. Though, I'm sure doctors can treat the COVID symptoms (shortness of breath, fever, etc) even without a cure (as with many other illnesses that one can treat the symptoms even though the cure isn't available.)

It's interesting, though. I'm wondering if the half majority that didn't go to the hospital actually needed to go. Here, some people go to the hospital often because they don't have shelter others because they stubbed a toe. Highly depends but there are worse illnesses than COVID that can get you into the ground if you don't get prompt medical attention from professionals.

Makes me wonder.....

Thief

Rogue Theologian
makes me cringe

I would like to forget about the guy whose wife died in the hospital

they wouldn't let him near her

she died without him

and buried without him

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
last December I went to the ER
I had been heaving like trying to evacuate my entire digestive tract

not kidding

and the nurses were heard to say......what?
another guy with a bad stomach?

my son went next

after a few weeks my family and I are sure...….
the ER is NOT sure

just really expensive

They are expensive. We have pretty good hospitals here. Not all the nurses are courteous, though. One hospital, the nurse told me I wasn't having a seizure (so basically, I just came there to wait three hours just to say go-home for nothing). Paramedics practically know me 'cause wherever I seize, people have to call 911 whether concern or rules.

I do hope hospitals improve their relationship with patients (in the general sense of the term). In general, though, it would make sense to go to the hospital for any life threatening symptoms COVID viruses and not.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
IMO:

Last week i went to hospital* with my husband to see his consultant. To get inside the hospital we both had to answer quite a long questionnaire and have our temperatures taken. Then to get inside the radiotherapy department we had to go through the same procedure. Hand scrubbing at each entrance and masks were mandatory. In the waiting room we each had to sit a metre apart. The nurses were dressed as though going into space, with one piece double thickness covering from head to toe, only their faces showed through the garment. The faces were covered nose and mouth with a surgical mask. To complete the fetching ensemble, a full face visor.

At reception, ticking away in the background was an air analyser, i assume it was to detect covid 19

Knowing that if my hubby caught the virus (or i for that matter, still recovering from major stomach surgery) it would almost certainly kill us, i have never felt as safe during this pandemic.

* The hospital, although it accepts emergency cases is not one of the 75 set up in france to accept coronavirus cases. That is not to say the virus cannot get in but chances are low.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a nice thought. I was watching interview videos and patients are literally afraid to go to emergency rooms. I mean, for me, I just have epilepsy. So, my seizures aren't life threatening so I tell 911 I don't need to go. Put people having strokes, heart attacks, and so forth are literally not calling 911. If you really need to go, you need to go. Coronavirus symptoms are no different. If you have symptoms you're not familiar with-virus, heart attack, diabetic seizures, whatever, one should go. That would be odd women having babies at home because they dont want to take up a bed in the hospital for other people. We need to know we are worth being treated too.

Oh, I agree. I have asthma. It is currently under control by meds, but if I have an attack I *need* to go to the ER. Otherwise, I could easily die. At that point, the concerns about COVID would take back stage.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
"Assessing".......the fact that I might die !

Oh well....no big loss....Connie's there, I wish.

Or....we could just meld in with all the other Stuff out there, in the garden.

If I go.....I leave my caring, and the Cosmos to all of you.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'd go to the ER in a heartbeat if I thought I needed it. My wife's cancer was discovered in the ER when she went for another reason - she's alive today because of that visit. That's more than enough for me.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Last week i went to hospital* with my husband to see his consultant. To get inside the hospital we both had to answer quite a long questionnaire and have our temperatures taken. Then to get inside the radiotherapy department we had to go through the same procedure. Hand scrubbing at each entrance and masks were mandatory. In the waiting room we each had to sit a metre apart. The nurses were dressed as though going into space, with one piece double thickness covering from head to toe, only their faces showed through the garment. The faces were covered nose and mouth with a surgical mask. To complete the fetching ensemble, a full face visor.
Wow, France is doing much more than Holland, but I already got that impression when you shared that you needed a letter to go outside. Here in Holland they are easy going compared to France.

At reception, ticking away in the background was an air analyser, i assume it was to detect covid 19
I would be surprised if it was to detect covid-19, but if it is then French hospitals are really amazing

Knowing that if my hubby caught the virus (or i for that matter, still recovering from major stomach surgery) it would almost certainly kill us, i have never felt as safe during this pandemic.
Major stomach surgery ... the 2 of you have quite some serious health problems/operations; best wishes for both of you. Good to hear that the Hospital is so safe. We are blessed in the north of Holland where I live, I have the feeling here is hardly any Corona, I feel very safe; I never even think of Corona being a threat anymore. South of Holland has much more Corona, so I stay in the north:)

* The hospital, although it accepts emergency cases is not one of the 75 set up in france to accept coronavirus cases. That is not to say the virus cannot get in but chances are low.
It's good that they have separate hospitals for coronavirus cases I think, that indeed makes other hospitals relatively safe