• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assassination of Muslim Minds

Sunburned

In general, the worse a region is for women, the worse it is for everyone.

Going a bit further in this one gets states with varied religions and religious attitudes(including the state atheism of North Korea) that are pretty bad for everyone's education. And therefore in my opinion to focus on the education of women in a particular area with Islam is a pretty much meaningless exercise as it can be proven there are areas with Islam as a main religion that do not discriminate against women in higher education.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Science is conducted at Universities. If you want to contribute to science, you need decent universities. Here is a list of the 400 top universities in the world. None of the top 200 are in a Muslim majority country. The first such institution listed, at #208, is in Malaysia, a secular federal constitutional monarchy that is 60% Muslim. Tiny countries such as the Netherlands, Switzerland, New Zealand, Canada and Israel all have better universities than any Muslim country in the world. I will wager a guess that most Muslim scientists in the world today were educated in Western Universities, and many of them are working in Western countries.

If Islam really wants to make a contribution to science, my suggestion would be to stop spending most of your national budget buying jet bombers, and invest in education.

Or, looking at it from the other end, here is a list of countries by literacy rate. The bottom 13 are all Muslim countries. Obviously, if you can't read, the chances are not great that you're going to become a leading scientist.

However, if you prefer to direct your energy into speculating on the cause of car accidents in the 1950's, you're probably not going to get anywhere with this problem.