• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assam or Ceylon

Tea...

• Assam

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Ceylon

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You're posting this on a forum of mostly us American barbarians who drink coffee. :p I'll never understand the draw of tea, unless I'm sick, haha.
Part of that might be because American tea is generally awful.

I remember seeing an interview with Patrick Stewart where he complained about American tea, saying "an American's idea of tea is giving you a cup of warm water and a teabag." And I remember the reaction of the American audience, all thinking "well, yeah - that's tea."

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member

I remember seeing an interview with Patrick Stewart where he complained about American tea, saying "an American's idea of tea is giving you a cup of warm water and a teabag." And I remember the reaction of the American audience, all thinking "well, yeah - that's tea."
I've found the opposite problem in Britain with coffee. We insist on drinking instant coffee at home and it is basically undrinkable to me now after having had non-instant coffees.

Shaul

Premium Member

"Rubbish" as the Brits would say. America has a long tea history. American tea culture - Wikipedia
America invented many innovations in tea such as tea bags, processing equipment and popularizing iced tea. American and British have different tea cultures. But to say one is better than the other is parochialism.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
We insist on drinking instant coffee at home

Speak for yourself, heathen! :p

A9CC0AA3-2746-4F96-B3DD-15229F7330CB.jpeg

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Same as my experience in France, Germany and Italy; coffee-drinking nations that can't seem to get to grips with making a cup of tea.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

*looks around shyly, whispers to other Americans*

....it isn't? :grimacing: