• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Zardoz Anything (2.0)

elmarna

For all I have been through it is in the greater understanding that we all seek.
The temples are not somewhere - they are the very internal inside of you.
The bible is a reference or a source of inspiration for many. It gives them a placement to relate. While I am not 1 to use it I do believe that god would have no intention to select onefacton of humanity higher than another.
To experience life and live is less theroy and more to the truths of "being"
You are no less wise in the choices that let's your will to support your service

xkatz

What's Ebionite?

If I may answer this, the Ebionites were an ancient Jewish-Christian sect that arose sometime in the 1st or 2nd century AD. They believed in following Halakha (Jewish law), viewed Jesus as a messiah, denied his (Jesus') divinity, practiced vegetarianism, and took vows of poverty. They may have influenced Islamic views on Jesus and such. Unfortunately, not much else is really known about them due to the sect only being mentioned in a few sources (mostly "Church Fathers" condemning their beliefs).

Here is a link to a modern group that is trying to revive the Ebionite movement,

Ebionite Community -- Restoring the Way of the Ancient Evyonim, Yahwism, and Renewed Covenant

Last edited:

tgnostic

Freshmen member
O.K. you answer me. Is the man sitting next to you always more trustworthy (like a christian "wishes" It) than he, belonging to the same political affiliation?

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
O.K. you answer me. Is the man sitting next to you always more trustworthy (like a christian "wishes" It) than he, belonging to the same political affiliation?

I don't quite get what you mean, but it seems you're asking if political affiliation is more important for a sense of trust than religious affiliation?

For Jews, I would have to say that religious affiliation trumps political. I'm Libertarian, while most Jews that I know are Democrats. That doesn't matter, on crucial issues, I know that most of them feel the same as I do, despite political differences.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
...deleted...

Staff are not allowed to discuss moderation issues.

However, sometimes it's not what but where a post is made that gets it deleted. Each sub-forum here on RF has it's own purpose and rules that posts must comply with. What is OK for one forum is forbidden in another, Take this 'Know your Moderators' forum, it has a very narrow purpose and this rule:
All posts are moderated before they are posted

Last edited:

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
Interesting question.

Of course, there isn't just one meaning to life. There's as many meanings as there are people, as each of us has our own life.

Therefore the meaning of life is to find out what the meaning of life is for you... not for anyone else, but you.

Ok i'll make it more specific. What is the universal goal for every individual soul if you believe everyone has one? It has to stem beyond this short time frame on this earth.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
... What is the universal goal for every individual soul if you believe everyone has one?

Tikkun Olam. Roughly translates as 'repairing the world' but also 'completing the creation'. In this, my original answer still stands. Each person is unique with a unique part in that process.

... It has to stem beyond this short time frame on this earth.
Why? What's short? What's long? Is the time frame of the sun's lifecycle long? Short? To us, it's virtually eternal. To G-d, a spark that flares and dies in an instant.

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
Tikkun Olam. Roughly translates as 'repairing the world' but also 'completing the creation'. In this, my original answer still stands. Each person is unique with a unique part in that process.

So you think life is solely about this material planet and not about the individual soul and consciousness?

Why? What's short? What's long? Is the time frame of the sun's lifecycle long? Short? To us, it's virtually eternal. To G-d, a spark that flares and dies in an instant.

Life is extremely short in the eye of eternity and God. Why take out the O in God?

My point is in my beliefs life is just the beginning. It's designed to have us grow as a soul and to rise above until we break the chain of reincarnation. I'm only inquiring to you because I was interested to see what your thoughts are. You might not believe what I believe.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
So you think life is solely about this material planet and not about the individual soul and consciousness?
Not what I meant. We humans are made material and spiritual combined, a fusion that permits free will. Angels do not have this free will, as they are only spiritual beings. Only our separation from the divine nature bestowed by the physical component allows us to separate from the divine, to be free and freely choose to seek the divine or not. It's the whole purpose of creation, to make a truly 'Other' to G-d, and in doing so, a partner in the creation. Otherwise we'd be little more than robots.

Life is extremely short in the eye of eternity and God.
We were created to live far longer, but is it not the life in the years rather than the years of life that matter? We are but a shooting star, but see how bright we burn! I am an old man, but looking back it's but a blur, no matter the years, I am still the child in awe of the creation, and even if I live for millennia the important questions would not have been solved by years of life but the revelation of spirit in a flash.

Why take out the O in God?
We Jews are careful not to use the name of G-d except by proxy. Even the proxy must have a proxy. The true name can create or destroy worlds.

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
Not what I meant. We humans are made material and spiritual combined, a fusion that permits free will. Angels do not have this free will, as they are only spiritual beings. Only our separation from the divine nature bestowed by the physical component allows us to separate from the divine, to be free and freely choose to seek the divine or not. It's the whole purpose of creation, to make a truly 'Other' to G-d, and in doing so, a partner in the creation. Otherwise we'd be little more than robots.

I totally agree! To become like angels is the meaning of life to me.

We were created to live far longer, but is it not the life in the years rather than the years of life that matter? We are but a shooting star, but see how bright we burn! I am an old man, but looking back it's but a blur, no matter the years, I am still the child in awe of the creation, and even if I live for millennia the important questions would not have been solved by years of life but the revelation of spirit in a flash.

Yes we were created to live longer, but even then that is a flash in eternity as well. In reality there is no time or space. That is an illusion. My Guru said many times that you can be God realized right now in this very moment if you really think it so and believe it with all of your being. The here and now is what we all must strive to live in.

We Jews are careful not to use the name of G-d except by proxy. Even the proxy must have a proxy. The true name can create or destroy worlds.

Ok I understand. However, God only gives us so much control of his creation though. As we progress spritually and develop compassion our powers will be allowed to be uncovered more and more. For then we can't use those powers for evil.

Last edited:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
None, actually. I don't like the Beatles. I never did go for 'pop' music.
I predate them by quite a bit, I was a Beatnik actually.

For those of you who have no clue what a beatnik is: Beatnik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then again, during their peak I was far, far away ... and music was not a high priority.

On_a_Quest

Random general question about these forums. How does one go about making a signature. I see that many people have signatures, but there doesn't seem to be a button for it on the User CP.

Tellurian

Why does this site keep logging me out repeatedly? I go to post and I get a message telling me I have to log in after I had already logged in. Even after I log in again I get automatically logged out again for some unknown reason. It is a pain to have to keep repeatedly logging in.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Why does this site keep logging me out repeatedly? I go to post and I get a message telling me I have to log in after I had already logged in. Even after I log in again I get automatically logged out again for some unknown reason. It is a pain to have to keep repeatedly logging in.

I used to get this too. Where you log in @ top of page, there's a box marked 'Remember Me' . Click it. You can always log out manually, but that way you won't get timed out.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Random general question about these forums. How does one go about making a signature. I see that many people have signatures, but there doesn't seem to be a button for it on the User CP.

There is a set of requirements before some features are enabled. To post links and have a sig etc, to keep spammers from spamming. I think one of those parameters might not be met in your case, so the sig edit won't appear in User CP like it should. You have enough posts I think so it's maybe the number of frubals. I'll give ya one, right now.

Tellurian

I used to get this too. Where you log in @ top of page, there's a box marked 'Remember Me' . Click it. You can always log out manually, but that way you won't get timed out.

I have tried that. It doesn't help. I can log in and then be automatically logged out just seconds later.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I have tried that. It doesn't help. I can log in and then be automatically logged out just seconds later.

Yes, that has happened to me as well, and it turned out being some setting in IE options. Where, I can't remember. You can try looking around in there, or you can get another browser. You should always have two browsers anyways. If you use IE then add Firefox and try that. There are also many 'portable' versions of browsers, that you can run without even installing. Try here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads5.html

Last edited: