• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Zardoz Anything (2.0)

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Voodoo Warriors of Love - Believe

YouTube - Voodoo Warriors of Love: Believe

Angel of Darkness
Dancing the night he is

Bury me in the sorrows
of these fading years

Sunlight cast the shadow
Morning comes too soon

Time has passed too quickly
For this optimistic fool

Voices echo

Don't give up

Hold on to your dreams

Believe,... Believe,... you must believe!

Never give up...

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Hi Zardoz. Congratulations on your modship.

Good music.

So, a question... what does the quote by Neitzsche in your sig mean to you?

xkatz

What's it like being a Messianic Jew? How do you stand with your local Jewish community? Also, I'm interested in why you believe Jesus is the messiah (feel free to PM this if you feel it's too long or personal to answer in this thread)

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Hi Zardoz. Congratulations on your modship.

Good music.

So, a question... what does the quote by Neitzsche in your sig mean to you?

Thanks!

Actually, the Neitzsche quote was used in the Zardoz movie. To me, it's a reminder for tolerance, to stay calm even when offended. I can't put people on my Ignore list anymore. Cleaned out the list when I became a mod, sheesh there was a lot. Of course, like 95% were already banned, but one or two active members.

Do you like peanut butter? How about jelly? Do you like peanut butter jelly time?
Sure do!:D:danana:
Friend Zardoz,

How did you look like before you were born???

Love & rgds
A pebble.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
What's it like being a Messianic Jew? How do you stand with your local Jewish community? Also, I'm interested in why you believe Jesus is the messiah (feel free to PM this if you feel it's too long or personal to answer in this thread)

I'm not the typical MJ, for sure. For questions about my Messianic beliefs you may find the answers in 'Ask Zardoz Anything' (V1.1) over in the MJ DIR:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/messianic-judaism-dir/83069-ask-zardoz-anything.html

Feel free to ask anything about MJ there, or PM me. I'd rather not discuss it here. Shalom

Jontehs

Premium Member
This may be a private question please forgive me if that's the case. What is your favorite prayer or Jewish Music ? :eek:
P.S. forgive my bad English

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
This may be a private question please forgive me if that's the case. What is your favorite prayer or Jewish Music ? :eek:
P.S. forgive my bad English

Hashivenu

Hashivenu Elecha - Official Music Video - YouTube

Translation: Cause us to return, our Father, to your Torah; draw us near, our King, to Your service; and bring us back to You in whole-hearted repentance. Blessed are You, Lord, who desires penitence

Last edited:

Amala

Hi Zardoz,

There's probably a more efficient way of handling this, but I couldn't find it :sorry1: so I just picked a moderator to alert. ...and you're the first one on the list so.... :yes:

I got the following private message:
tonylife said:
Hello Friend,

Am Tony Robert, am 24yrs, forgive my indignation if this message come to you as a surprise j just Feel It s' God direction and will, i have something that is really burdring me in mind and i do not just know how to tell you this I have a project worth $6million US Dollars in a Security Company here in Cote D'lvoire, that i need your assistance in, all i need is your full support and effort, cause Ideally you will perhaps be my equal or more, and I will like to know you more better because I have a serous issue I need to disclose to you.
well, for now, I think This is all I can say before I run out of room;
What do you think ? you can reach through my private email [email protected]

I wait for your message,
Tony,

I hope this sort of thing can be stopped. This is such a great forum and I'd hate for this to degrade it!

Thanks! :bow:

Amala

Jontehs

Premium Member
Hi Zardoz,

There's probably a more efficient way of handling this, but I couldn't find it :sorry1: so I just picked a moderator to alert. ...and you're the first one on the list so.... :yes:

I hope this sort of thing can be stopped. This is such a great forum and I'd hate for this to degrade it!

Amala
I got the same message to.
Thank you Zardoz. When I hear some of Jewish prayers its makes me almost religious:p. Them touches me somehow. Even if my Hebrew is very limited

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Hi Zardoz,

Amala
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll look into it. Just a spammer...

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
According to you what is the meaning of life?
Interesting question.

Of course, there isn't just one meaning to life. There's as many meanings as there are people, as each of us has our own life.

Therefore the meaning of life is to find out what the meaning of life is for you... not for anyone else, but you.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
What... everyone isn't a giant flying stone idol head? Here I thought I was normal...

searcher0

ask you anything,huh? i am in the middle of a deep theological quandry. i am basically christian, but i find it more difficult, on a daily basis,to coincide my beliefs with what i view in the world around me. how can God be the God he claims to be, yet excuse in himself what he demands of me? hipocracy abounds in the bible on God's part, yet he condemns man for being a hipocrit.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
ask you anything,huh? i am in the middle of a deep theological quandry. i am basically christian, but i find it more difficult, on a daily basis,to coincide my beliefs with what i view in the world around me. how can God be the God he claims to be, yet excuse in himself what he demands of me? hipocracy abounds in the bible on God's part, yet he condemns man for being a hipocrit.

I am perhaps not in the best position to help, yet I have also been in a crisis of faith, so I understand what you're going through. My problem lies in the fact that the G-d depicted in your Christian Bible isn't exactly the same as depicted in my Jewish Tanach. It's not just differences in translation, it's the whole picture.

I am not sure why, but I think it may have something to do with the Christian trinity. All mercy and forgiveness is assigned as an attribute of the 'jesus' part of the trinity, while the 'father' part of the trinity is the stern and unbending father figure. JMHO, as an outsider.

I would point out that much of what you see G-d demanding of people as you put it actually is only demanded of Jews, and not everyone. This is not because we are 'better' or 'more important' than any other peoples, but because we were to be priests and serve all of mankind in our Temple. There is no Temple any more, so even for us many of the demands you see in the bible are no longer relevant.

So, how does this help you? I'd say, get back to basics, and read your NT for yourself. See what Yeshua's message actually was. In one point he summed it all up into The Golden Rule, that works fine. No hypocrisy there, nu?

Hope this helped, but as I said, I may not be able to help much.

Last edited: