• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Us About Zoroastrianism

MD

qualiaphile
Technically that nullifies omnipresence. Omnipotence can still be wedged in if you explain that God permits evil to exist but that would nullify Mazda's omnibenevolence, perfect Goodness, supreme moral authority, whatever you want to call it.

Abrahamics believe God is all there is. However if God is all there is, then God cannot withdraw away. If he does withdraw away he is either moving into a region further from creation, or creation itself was built on a foundation not fully tied to God.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
One thing I noticed is that we are responsible for our own actions and fate and we're not going to be saved by someone coming out of the sky right? The entire fate of humanity and our own personal lives rests in our own hands with the choices we make right?

From Mary Boyce so beautiful and it's what I've believed all my life:

"“According to him, -salvation for the individual depended on the sum of his thoughts, words and deeds, and there could be no intervention, whether compassionate or capricious, by any divine Being to alter this. With such a doctrine, belief in the Day of Judgment had its full awful significance, with each man having to bear the responsibility for the fate of his own soul, as well as sharing in responsibility for the fate of the world.”

It explains why we don't change our world because we expect it to be done for us!!

I struggle daily with this and it grieves me that we wait for the magic wand instead of creating this better world ourselves.

Zoroaster removed this paralysis of will by putting all the responsibility on our good thoughts, good words and good deeds.

Am I understanding correctly? Please correct me where you think I need it. I really appreciate you guys coming and sharing your wonderful much needed religion.

MD

qualiaphile
One thing I noticed is that we are responsible for our own actions and fate and we're not going to be saved by someone coming out of the sky right? The entire fate of humanity and our own personal lives rests in our own hands with the choices we make right?

From Mary Boyce so beautiful and it's what I've believed all my life:

"“According to him, -salvation for the individual depended on the sum of his thoughts, words and deeds, and there could be no intervention, whether compassionate or capricious, by any divine Being to alter this. With such a doctrine, belief in the Day of Judgment had its full awful significance, with each man having to bear the responsibility for the fate of his own soul, as well as sharing in responsibility for the fate of the world.”

It explains why we don't change our world because we expect it to be done for us!!

I struggle daily with this and it grieves me that we wait for the magic wand instead of creating this better world ourselves.

Zoroaster removed this paralysis of will by putting all the responsibility on our good thoughts, good words and good deeds.

Am I understanding correctly? Please correct me where you think I need it. I really appreciate you guys coming and sharing your wonderful much needed religion.

That's the importance of free will, true free will means we make our own universe. There is no illusion, there is no greater plan, there is us, our own actions and the world we create. We make our own hells, our own heavens, our own gods and our own demons. Zoroaster illustrated this in the Gathas. Even hell and heaven are explained as mental states.

Asha is the creation of a better world, a better existence.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
That's the importance of free will, true free will means we make our own universe. There is no illusion, there is no greater plan, there is us, our own actions and the world we create. We make our own hells, our own heavens, our own gods and our own demons. Zoroaster illustrated this in the Gathas. Even hell and heaven are explained as mental states.

Asha is the creation of a better world, a better existence.

Beautiful. If only we all had that attitude. Where in the Gathas is this mentioned so I can highlight it? It's something to always keep in mind.

Cheleb Cielo

Abrahamics believe God is all there is. However if God is all there is, then God cannot withdraw away. If he does withdraw away he is either moving into a region further from creation, or creation itself was built on a foundation not fully tied to God.

Hi,
Can you give more details about GAHS in terms of physical movements and early preparation? Is there kneeling bowing or prostration during daily gahs and if the movements are the same for each time?
Thanks

MD

qualiaphile