• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the Staff Anything About RF

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you.
In the Non-revealed Religions section (a DIR section) I would like to add non-scriptural monotheism. Is that permitted?
You're welcome to make a topic discussing it within the section, but we try not to make new sections unless there's significant interest by a number of members. Otherwise the forum would get filled up with a lot of existing subcategories.

james dixon

Premium Member
I was introduced to a book that is accessible through the web that covers the biblical verses; i.e. God talking directly to the Israelite people and historical (news articles) covering the Jewish people. It is a mix of passages in the Bible overlay-ed with actual activities the Jewish people have engaged in over time. It is not a critique of any individuals but activities they have engaged in as a collective group. I would like to create a forum where this book can be discussed, comments made; good or bad and suggestions on how to improve the books intent; if there is one.

I found this interesting because in biblical terms God only "talked" directly to one group of people and they were the Israelite's who now have their homeland called "Israel".

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Hello and welcome to RF, new members!

This thread is for you to ask the mods anything about RF. This can include questions about the rules, the forum history, or the different forums in general.

A note for all members: Please keep in mind that only staff members may answer questions in this thread. Any answers by non-staff members will be deleted.

Thank you,

Debater Slayer, on behalf of the RF staff.
How is it that I can get to comment on certain threads. I am somewhat new here, but when I wanted to comment on a particular thread, the message reads that I do not have sufficient privileges to comment. So how do I get sufficient privileges?

Earthling

David Henson
Hello, I've been posting for a few days now, and I was just curious. How long has the forums been around and how long has the earliest poster still active been around? I see some people have been around for some time.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello, I've been posting for a few days now, and I was just curious. How long has the forums been around and how long has the earliest poster still active been around? I see some people have been around for some time.

Hi, and welcome to RF.

This thread should answer anything you want to know about RF's history: Summary of the History of RF

Earthling

David Henson
Hi, and welcome to RF.

This thread should answer anything you want to know about RF's history: Summary of the History of RF

Thanks for the link, it was interesting. I didn't realize that a forum, or at least forum in general were bought and sold. I thought they were just started up and, if successful, continued until everyone lost interest. I see you are prominent throughout the history of the forum, Quagmire. Thanks for your service. I do have one other question, if I may. Are staff members paid? Not that I'm interested, as I have a personal website I've just started that takes most of my time, I was just curious.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Thanks for the link, it was interesting. I didn't realize that a forum, or at least forum in general were bought and sold. I thought they were just started up and, if successful, continued until everyone lost interest. I see you are prominent throughout the history of the forum, Quagmire. Thanks for your service. I do have one other question, if I may. Are staff members paid? Not that I'm interested, as I have a personal website I've just started that takes most of my time, I was just curious.
They couldn't afford me. :D

Kidding aside, no, we're not paid.

Milton Platt

Hello and welcome to RF, new members!

This thread is for you to ask the mods anything about RF. This can include questions about the rules, the forum history, or the different forums in general.

A note for all members: Please keep in mind that only staff members may answer questions in this thread. Any answers by non-staff members will be deleted.

Thank you,

Debater Slayer, on behalf of the RF staff.

What is the difference between a “new post” and a “recent post”?

Edit: just found the answer to this question by scrolling through a few comments.

Last edited: