• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the Staff Anything About RF

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I wrote a post that included the term "bumper sticker".
Something turned that term into a link to some strange website selling something. I don't even know how to do a link like that.
Tom

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Just a technical issue to ask about ...anyone having trouble clicking on a thread without being logged in? I have to log in to be able to click on a thread and the contents, otherwise it takes me to an advertisement...like a pop up advertisement and it takes over the whole page. Just curious if anyone is having this issue?

I get the same thing. I wondered at first if it was due to a plugin or something in my browser, but it seems to be from RF itself. No idea when it was added or whether it is intentional in the first place; that's something the tech guy would know more about.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I wrote a post that included the term "bumper sticker".
Something turned that term into a link to some strange website selling something. I don't even know how to do a link like that.
Tom

I tested that on my phone browser now, and the term "bumper sticker" wasn't hyperlinked for me.

This might be a browser plugin/extension issue on your end. I had it before, and I gave another member a solution that worked for him. Here's the post containing the steps:

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/ads-assaults-on-chrom-browser.181262/#post-4490829

Let me know if you need more help afterward.

Deidre

I get the same thing. I wondered at first if it was due to a plugin or something in my browser, but it seems to be from RF itself. No idea when it was added or whether it is intentional in the first place; that's something the tech guy would know more about.
Here's an update on this, I post on a Christian site, and they have the same exact set up as RF, and the problem exists there too. So, it must be something to do with this forum format, lol isn't that so weird?

Tabu

I would like to open a DIR on Brahmakumaris . I would like to know the procedure to go about this.
"Brahma Kumaris is a worldwide spiritual movement dedicated to world renewal through personal transformation, by inculcating the values of peace , love and harmony. Founded in India in 1937, Brahma Kumaris have spread to over 110 countries on all continents , their real commitment is to help individuals transform their perspective of the world from material to spiritual."

Below is the official website of the BrahmaKumaris

http://www.brahmakumaris.org/

Nicole M

This may be a very foolish question but how do you create an original post. I have a research paper I am working on and I would like to see whether I can get some help with answering some questions pertaining to religious identity.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
This may be a very foolish question but how do you create an original post. I have a research paper I am working on and I would like to see whether I can get some help with answering some questions pertaining to religious identity.
I'm former staff, and I don't mind helping the staff out on this holiday weekend.

@Nicole M : first you must pick the appropriate subforum to post you questions about religious identity in. I would suggest the Religion Q & A subforum.

Once you find the correct forum you want to post your questions in, click on the "Create New Thread" button near the upper right of the page, circled in red in the below picture. It will open up the Thread Creation Editor box.
RF how to post.png

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Hello and welcome to RF, new members!

This thread is for you to ask the mods anything about RF. This can include questions about the rules, the forum history, or the different forums in general.

A note for all members: Please keep in mind that only staff members may answer questions in this thread. Any answers by non-staff members will be deleted.

Thank you,

Debater Slayer, on behalf of the RF staff.

I've posted a lot here but a lot is new. I use the Tapatalk app on my iPad.

Q. I have a VIP Membership. Are there any higher memberships than this?

Q. I post and then a error message appears saying something like 'wait 3 seconds' and I don't know what's going on. I notice my posts are being posted even after selecting discard after the message pops up.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I've posted a lot here but a lot is new. I use the Tapatalk app on my iPad.

Q. I have a VIP Membership. Are there any higher memberships than this?

Q. I post and then a error message appears saying something like 'wait 3 seconds' and I don't know what's going on. I notice my posts are being posted even after selecting discard after the message pops up.

Apologies for the rather delayed response. I've been pretty busy offline.

1) If by "higher" you mean one that gives you more features like disabling of ads, etc., then no, there isn't. Staff membership gives access into the staff areas and reports in addition to mod tools, though, but said membership is only given through invitation. Furthermore, as far as public forum posts go, it's basically no different from "regular" premium membership.

2) I've had a similar issue before even though I don't use Tapatalk. I'm not sure what caused it, but I'm guessing the "Wait 3 seconds" notification is because the message is posted and then the software tries to post it again within an extremely short time interval. I could be wrong, though. I'd ask @Brent W to take a look at this, since he's the tech guy. :)

Happy New Year!

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Apologies for the rather delayed response. I've been pretty busy offline.

1) If by "higher" you mean one that gives you more features like disabling of ads, etc., then no, there isn't. Staff membership gives access into the staff areas and reports in addition to mod tools, though, but said membership is only given through invitation. Furthermore, as far as public forum posts go, it's basically no different from "regular" premium membership.

2) I've had a similar issue before even though I don't use Tapatalk. I'm not sure what caused it, but I'm guessing the "Wait 3 seconds" notification is because the message is posted and then the software tries to post it again within an extremely short time interval. I could be wrong, though. I'd ask @Brent W to take a look at this, since he's the tech guy. :)

Happy New Year!

Than's and Happy New Year to you also!!

The 3 second delay went away. This is an awesome forum. Thanks again for your reply.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Is there some way with which I can change the color scheme of the forum and/or darkness of the text?

Not that I'm aware of. You can change the style of the forum layout by scrolling to the very bottom of the screen and clicking "Default Style" on the bottom left corner, after which a menu will pop up with the option to choose one of three styles (including the default one).

That doesn't change the color scheme in any considerable way, though, nor does it change the darkness of the text.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What are DIRs exactly and how do you gain access to them?
Hey there. :) DIR stands for Discuss In Religion, and they are forum sections where members can discuss things with other members in their religious group. You can gain access to the DIR group you belong to by going here https://www.religiousforums.com/account/personal-details and selecting the relevant section. You should only select one or two that most pertains to your own religious views as posting in DIR outside your own group isn't generally allowed. More about DIR Rules here: RF Rules
All DIR (Discuss Individual Religions) forums are for the use of members who identify with those groups or practices. Debating is not permitted in DIRs; debates between members of specified groups should be posted in Same Faith Debates. Members who do not identify with a DIR group may only post respectful questions; we recommend creating a thread in the Religions Q&A instead where there is more freedom to comment. DIR forums are not to be used as a cover to bash others outside of the DIR group.
Sometimes it takes the server an hour or two to update permissions after you make your selections, but after a bit you should be able to post in those sections. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some (former) members have died.
I think it would be appropriate to have some indicator of this on their profile.
I noticed this when Renji's birthday alert came up.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
how do i create a forum ??
Do you mean creating a thread? You can choose a forums from here Forums and 'post new thread' within those forums.

New forums cannot be created by regular members, a new forum/sub-forum can be suggested if people feel there is a need.