• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the Staff Anything About RF

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
I have a question. Is there any diversity on this staff in terms of thinking? Is everybody on staff, regardless of what god they claim to believe in, basically a left winger adhering to a liberal social agenda?

First Baseman

Retired athlete
It must be very difficult to adjudicate here and impossible to be 100% fair. They do the best they can and it is appreciated.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
It must be very difficult to adjudicate here and impossible to be 100% fair. They do the best they can and it is appreciated.

They're pretty good I have to admit. I can say pretty much whatever I want so long as I frame it right. My complaint is that there doesn't appear to be a legitimate Christian presence among the staff, and not some progressive type whose values basically no different than contemporary pagan values

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I have a question. Is there any diversity on this staff in terms of thinking? Is everybody on staff, regardless of what god they claim to believe in, basically a left winger adhering to a liberal social agenda?

Yes, there is, and no, not everybody is (I hope I answered with correct grammar!). Accordingly, no decision can be taken without the consensus of at least three staff members. It happens often that many conflicting votes take place and three of them happen to agree on a decision the reported member does not like. Even among the staff, there are who don't agree with the decision, but it ends with applying what three votes agree on, without complaining by those who don't agree, because this is a rule and it has to be respected.

That's the full extent of what I can say about it, if not that I said too much already.

truthseeker1111

Hi all, newbie here.

I want to post a question / new thread, but unsure as to which forum to post in, or if I should post to multiple forums.

Question is simply this. Grew up religious, realized at some point that just b/c I was taught it doesn't make it true, and I started to ask the question - which religion or worldview is correct, if any.
So naturally I want to investigate the various worldviews / religions in the world, but there are over 4000 of them (wikipedia), so how in the world to approach so daunting a task. is it possible to do all of them justice in one lifetime? and how to begin, and how to proceed?

Sabour

Hi all, newbie here.

I want to post a question / new thread, but unsure as to which forum to post in, or if I should post to multiple forums.

Question is simply this. Grew up religious, realized at some point that just b/c I was taught it doesn't make it true, and I started to ask the question - which religion or worldview is correct, if any.
So naturally I want to investigate the various worldviews / religions in the world, but there are over 4000 of them (wikipedia), so how in the world to approach so daunting a task. is it possible to do all of them justice in one lifetime? and how to begin, and how to proceed?

Hello and welcome to the forums :D

I suggest posting in the "seekers" section and ask this.

Most of the people would tell you to follow their religion for they believe that their religion is true, or else why should they follow it. Some members here would tell you to look for what suits you.

As for me, I would tell you to live up to your nn and search for the truth instead of looking for what suits you. I would say you should change for the truth, the truth will not change for you.

Welcome to the forums.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hi all, newbie here.

Hi, Truthseeker. Welcome to RF.

It seems to me that this is not a question particularly aimed at staff. You may want to create a new thread in some other are, perhaps the Seekers DIR.

truthseeker1111

One-answer and LuisDantas, thanks for your responses.

You're right Luis, that it's not meant for staff. I was just asking staff where they thought best place to post it would be.
I'm gonna post in seekers, as you both suggested.

Thanks!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
@truthseeker1111, Please keep in mind that we don't allow discussion of moderation cases in open forum. Questions like that belong in Site Feedback, where we'd be more than happy to answer it. :D

Rajina

How can I change my name??

Realizing the fact that what seems truth to me may not seem truth to others and what seems truth to all of us may not be the ultimate truth, I wish to change my name. Ultimate truth is known only to almighty God. I can never be 'Truthteller'. Is there any option to change my name?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
How can I change my name??

Realizing the fact that what seems truth to me may not seem truth to others and what seems truth to all of us may not be the ultimate truth, I wish to change my name. Ultimate truth is known only to almighty God. I can never be 'Truthteller'. Is there any option to change my name?

Absolutely! Members can request user name changes in Site Feedback. I'd suggest coming up with a list of three options (in order of preference) in case a name is already taken.