• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Shira anything

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I've been wondering if there was some secret initiation ritual before a mod is finally an actual mod, and I finally discovered what it is: I need to post an AMA thread.

Help me in my initiation into the secret order of people with blue name tags, and ask me whatever questions pop into your head about me!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
I've been wondering if there was some secret initiation ritual before a mod is finally an actual mod, and I finally discovered what it is: I need to post an AMA thread.

Help me in my initiation into the secret order of people with blue name tags, and ask me whatever questions pop into your head about me!
Peace be on you.
If one does not press 'log off' tab and close the window altogether, how long it takes for automatic log off?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason

Why are you Catholic?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
What happened to the previous 116 shira's?
The first one was a prototype, the second had some hardware functions, three was involved in a freak accident, and the rest were even faultier models than me--I'm missing a left ear, and some ribs on my right side are kind of just not there, and I'm STILL the best model. You can guess how long the others lasted...

Congratulation :)

where are you from,age , sex , religion ?

What your facebook account and password :p

just kiding :D
I'm from the state of Ohio, which is immediately south of Lake Erie in the United States. I'm 22 years old, male, and Byzantine Catholic.

My Facebook account is Nunya, and the password is Business.
So, when logging in, it'll go:

Nunya
Business

Hope that answers your question! :D
Do you feel at peace in your faith beliefs? :)
Ehh, more or less. I occasionally get intrigued by other religions (to date that list includes Islam, Judaism, Gnosticism, Paganism, Animism, Taoism and Buddhism), and sometimes I adopt some small insights or points from them which I feel enrich my understanding and living-out of Byzantine Catholicism. I feel at peace in my faith in my God for the most part; at the very least, I feel loyalty to Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Some ethical things like the genocides in the OT, the Catholic Church's glacial pace in truly providing a home for homosexuals and transsexuals, and the not so kind history of converting pagans to Christianity are unsettling to me, and are often what prompt my seeking out other belief systems that I feel have less baggage attached to them, but struggling with my faith just means that I'm taking it seriously. Short of a divine appearance of Thor or Shiva or Vishnu, though, I don't see myself changing religions. You could say I'm solidly in my beliefs, but I still have some squirming and adjusting to do before I'm as close as I can get to being completely at peace. I did have my religion tag as "Animist Byzantine Catholic" for a while, but I decided to drop the "Animist" part because I haven't quite explored that side of things yet, and I'm still trying to work on just praying to God in general, let alone communing with nature spirits, in whatever way that works within a properly Catholic context..

And where are they buried?
In an undisclosed location.

Peace be on you.
If one does not press 'log off' tab and close the window altogether, how long it takes for automatic log off?
That depends on your browser settings, and how long your browser keeps cookies before deleting them. If you clear your cookies as part of an antivirus sweep on your computer, you will automatically be logged off of RF, because the cookie is basically the data that tells RF "Hey, I want to be logged on". If you hit the "Remember me" box when you're logging in, that cookie will exist until you yourself delete it as part of an antivirus sweep or some other thing. Other than that, if you don't check the "Remember Me" box, you could be logged off as soon as you exit the browser window, or it could take a few days, depending on how long your settings tell your browser to hold onto cookies.

Oooooh Byzantine Catholic? What's that?
Why are you Catholic?
Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode, airing tomorrow, of Ask Shira Anything!

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
Oranges dating Apples? Is this right or is it a Sin against the Dragon Illuminati?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
City or country? Music store or book store?
Are you registered to vote? Do you feel that Bern? What shape is the closest cloud to you? If you were attacked my zombies and could only use what was on your right hand side could you survive?