• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ask roger1440

roger1440

I do stuff
My views on Christianity is somewhat different than most. Some of the comments I have received from members of this forum have been, you are a mystery, why do you call yourself a Christian, you are biased, etc. What would you like to know? Ask. Gee, I hope I don’t regret this.:facepalm:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you be a little more specific please? I have over 1,500 postings here.

How about, just in a nutshell, can you explain how our own conception of Christianity differs from the mainstream.

I've read some of your posts and I've noticed that some of your views seem unconventional, but tbh I can't remember what they were. :p

Shad

Veteran Member
Which text(s) do you read to build your foundation of Christianity? If this question covers to large range, name a few primary texts.

roger1440

I do stuff
How about, just in a nutshell, can you explain how our own conception of Christianity differs from the mainstream.

I've read some of your posts and I've noticed that some of your views seem unconventional, but tbh I can't remember what they were. :p
Most people read the canonical Gospels in a literal sense. I do not. Much of what the Gospels contain is allegory and/or metaphors. A lot of the Old Testament uses allegory, but when we turn from the last page of the Old Testament to the first page of the New Testament, all of a sudden everything is to be taken as literal. What’s up with that? It is the Gentiles who had literalized the Gospels, not the Jews, but it was the Jews who wrote them. Christians have been telling Jews for nearly two thousand years they do not understand their own scripture. It’s actually the other way around.

roger1440

I do stuff
I think the message of the canonical Gospels come closer to Reform Judaism then it does to orthodox Christianity.