• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Me Stuff

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It's from the Talmud afaik, but as I am not very familiar with that body of literature I honestly cannot tell you from exactly where and I didn't want to mislead. It's what I've learnt from listening to lectures and so on. I wasn't trying to be less than transparent.

Thanks. If and when you find Talmud reference I'd appreciate you sharing it with me.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
On the 1st anniversaire of my rejoining the mod squad, another ask me anything thread :)
On RF we have frequent arguments about Creationism and Evolution. In a world full of noise about this subject how do you cope, and how do you decide what to listen to on this subject? Do you believe in miraculous supernatural creation? Is it important to you?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
On RF we have frequent arguments about Creationism and Evolution. In a world full of noise about this subject how do you cope, and how do you decide what to listen to on this subject? Do you believe in miraculous supernatural creation? Is it important to you?
It's not important to me and I try to stay as far away as I can from those debates.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. If and when you find Talmud reference I'd appreciate you sharing it with me.
I apologise; it's from the Mishneh Torah, Kings and Wars chapter 10,

The principle here is that we do not permit them to make a new religion and create new commandments for themselves based on their own reasoning. They may only become Righteous Converts and accept upon themselves all the Commandments, or they must observe their own (Seven) Laws only, and not add or detract from them.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not important to me and I try to stay as far away as I can from those debates.
What about burial? Do you care if your body is cremated, buried underground, buried at sea or otherwise disposed of?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I am going for a shower, so I may not respond quickly to any new questions but feel free to ask and I'll be back to you :)