• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Me Stuff

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
On the 1st anniversaire of my rejoining the mod squad, another ask me anything thread :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Inspired by the new red bull advert

What would happen to the price of beef if cows could fly?

And would we need stronger umbrellas?

And in the real world, what made you rejoin the staff? It certainly wasn't the free staff canteen

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Inspired by the new red bull advert

What would happen to the price of beef if cows could fly?

And would we need stronger umbrellas?

And in the real world, what made you rejoin the staff? It certainly wasn't the free staff canteen

If cows could fly the price of beef would go up.

Yes, otherwise a cow will do its business on you.

It's private.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I do. I love Legos. I also love soft toys.
Lets build on that answer. You love Legos, so what kind of Lego user are you? Spaceship....house...medieval stuff...Star Wars...or what?

I think based upon your answer we can assume that you also like playdough or modeling clay and that sort of thing.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Lets build on that answer. You love Legos, so what kind of Lego user are you? Spaceship....house...medieval stuff...Star Wars...or what?

I think based upon your answer we can assume that you also like playdough or modeling clay and that sort of thing.
Mediaeval.

Mini Mediaeval torture instruments, yes yes.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Serious questions are OK too :D

Anything too personal can be asked in PM, free oly today :p

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, so follow-up: What's it like being the only Noahide around?
Very lonely. At least being a Christian I could join a British community. Now I have nothing. Well, not nothing. I have HaShem YitBarach, of course, but as far as mortal community it's nonexistent. I can live without that to some degree, but it puts a high weight of pressure on me to be what I know I should be, morally and ethically, with only myself for discipline and watching what I do. I've no-one else to refer to. I have not much of what to rely on except common sense and such.

It's hard for me even to think of a future with anyone, as I will not compromise my religion and especially not if children are involved. It's pretty much down to, if I really want to find a partner, I'll have to move to a place with a Noahide community (Canada or Texas!!), which I'm in no mind to do, or convert and marry an Orthodox Jewish bloke. Neither of those are easy options. I'm alright living a life alone, I'm just not sure that's what HaShem wants.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Second follow-up: Have you heard of Rabbi Ouri Cherki? He's a fairly well-known rabbi in Israel, and apparently greatly involved in the world-wide Noahide community.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Second follow-up: Have you heard of Rabbi Ouri Cherki? He's a fairly well-known rabbi in Israel, and apparently greatly involved in the world-wide Noahide community.
I have. I once bought the Brit Olam siddur but didn't like it. Now I just adapt the Koren Siddur and also occasionally use an Artscroll one.