• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Me Stuff

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I've not done an interview thread in a while so go ahead and ask me stuff.
I have been remiss by not wishing you well in your new endeavor - the military.

Will you still be able to be active on the forum?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I have been remiss by not wishing you well in your new endeavor - the military.

Will you still be able to be active on the forum?
Yes, but not nearly as much. We have weekends off unless we are actively engaged in a conflict and the hours are similar to civilian ones, depending on your internal job.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Just a point, unless things have changed you're actually obligated for six years. But:

Boxers or briefs?
It's four, they told me at my Army Briefing.

Boxer briefs.

liam_dino_print_1500x1500_master.jpg

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It's four, they told me at my Army Briefing.

Boxer briefs.

liam_dino_print_1500x1500_master.jpg

It's four active, or a combo in active/active reserve. After that you're classified for two years as "Inactive Reserve". You can be recalled during that period. BTW, military induction personnel are not known for their veracity....

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
It's four active, or a combo in active/active reserve. After that you're classified for two years as "Inactive Reserve". You can be recalled during that period. BTW, military induction personnel are not known for their veracity....
Yes, mostly,

"In 1999 the army increased its minimum length of service from 3 to 4 years. Army recruits under 18
years old are required to serve up to 2 years longer than a recruit who joins aged over 18 and so
commits to up to 6 year’s service when still a minor.
When forces personnel reach the end of their minimum length of service, they must give a year’s
notice (in the army or navy) or 18 months (in the air force).
Recruits may be required to serve for longer than the usual period if they undertake education or
training other than their initial training. The extension can be longer than the length of the course.

On leaving full time service personnel are transferred into the reserves which usually lasts for six
years. The army has the right to call up reservists for any reason for up to sixteen days in the year.
All three forces may call up reserves for longer periods during emergencies, or when the Defence
Secretary judges there is a national need."

https://www.parliament.uk/documents...iefing_from_Forces_Watch_Terms_of_service.pdf

Earthling

David Henson
I've not done an interview thread in a while so go ahead and ask me stuff.

You may have addressed this elsewhere, if so, forgive my redundancy. The question is, do you think Jesus Christ was a Rabbi? If you don't think he existed, then the question becomes do you think he was meant to be as presented in the Christian Greek scriptures?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
You may have addressed this elsewhere, if so, forgive my redundancy. The question is, do you think Jesus Christ was a Rabbi? If you don't think he existed, then the question becomes do you think he was meant to be as presented in the Christian Greek scriptures?
No, I think he was not a Rabbi. I believe he was an apocalyptic street preacher.

David1967

Premium Member
Yes, but not nearly as much. We have weekends off unless we are actively engaged in a conflict and the hours are similar to civilian ones, depending on your internal job.

Call me slow. You really are going into the military? Best of luck!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yes, mostly,

"In 1999 the army increased its minimum length of service from 3 to 4 years. Army recruits under 18
years old are required to serve up to 2 years longer than a recruit who joins aged over 18 and so
commits to up to 6 year’s service when still a minor.
When forces personnel reach the end of their minimum length of service, they must give a year’s
notice (in the army or navy) or 18 months (in the air force).
Recruits may be required to serve for longer than the usual period if they undertake education or
training other than their initial training. The extension can be longer than the length of the course.

On leaving full time service personnel are transferred into the reserves which usually lasts for six
years. The army has the right to call up reservists for any reason for up to sixteen days in the year.
All three forces may call up reserves for longer periods during emergencies, or when the Defence
Secretary judges there is a national need."

https://www.parliament.uk/documents...iefing_from_Forces_Watch_Terms_of_service.pdf

Exactly. It's even worse than when I was in.