• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Me Stuff, Hammer Edition

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Ok, I have been meaning to make one of these at some point as well. So here it goes.

Username: The Hammer (obviously). Meaning - Originally, I was part of a very short lived pair with my friend being here as The Sickle, and yes we were trying to draw a bad Communism parallel. We had both defected (ie. got banned 'multiple' times), from a '9/11 conspiracy theory (truther)/Christian-End-of-the-World' website; run by a nutter named Mark Dice (probably a pseudonym), that shortly shut itself down due to trolls. My buddy, almost never showed up here, and I stuck around, but never bothered to change my username. I've been in and out, on and off of the forums since 2010, but have slowly turned into a regular. And in a stroke of luck, I had a 'calling' to the Norse Gods, of which the Hammer is a symbol, and I now find it a lovely coincidence.

Name: You can find it through discord.

Country: USA, but I also lived in Japan for 4 years, and visted many Asian and Pacific countries, during my 10 yearstint in the Navy.

About me: I'm a 10 year Navy Veteran, and while I didn't enjoy 60% of my time in, I wouldn't trade the experiences for the World. Nothing beats the sky at night out to sea, or a sunset, or a sunrise (if you catch my drift). I was rated (job) as a Fire Controlman and ultimately did maintenance and repair on electronics and computers that managed the Tomahawk Missiles System. On the side I took on duties as a Maintenance Supervisor, worked the ships Armory on my duty days, and taught others to shoot during live fire exercises. Eventually, I ended my tour teaching introductory Sailors how to be and Act like Sailors, while the were living and going to their technical schools right after Boot Camp. This consisted of basically micromanaging 300 17-25 year olds, many of whom had just left home for the first time, through their day to day activities.

I've considered myself a Pagan and Druid for the last 15 and 13 years respectively. Although my devotion to the Gods has grown and, sometimes even disapated over time; it has ultimately been Strengthened through engagement and connection with others on this forum.

I am currently attending University, and it is taking up a large percentage of my time. I am studying Anthropology and minoring in Archaeology.

Political Views: Mostly Progressive, Left-Leaning, but fairly close to Moderate/Center, IMO.

Interests: Nature, Plants and Animals. Open World video games, mostly the Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect franchises. Listening to music. I also love to read, when I actually have the time to do so outside of school. I usually read non-fiction (science, psychology) , Religion, and Mythology, oh yeah RF is also mandatory reading for mods :p.

Random fact: I have a dog named Loki, with whom I couldn't share a more Pure love for, and him in turn for me. Relax, I'm talking about Storge and Philia, or Familial, and Friendship love.

So, now that you've made it to the end, please feel free to ask me anything else.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I collect hammers.
My biggest are around 9' tall, & weigh over 2 tons.
Do you know any of them?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok, I have been meaning to make one of these at some point as well. So here it goes.

Username: The Hammer (obviously). Meaning - Originally, I was part of a very short lived pair with my friend being here as The Sickle, and yes we were trying to draw a bad Communism parallel. We had both defected (ie. got banned 'multiple' times), from a '9/11 conspiracy theory (truther)/Christian-End-of-the-World' website; run by a nutter named Mark Dice (probably a pseudonym), that shortly shut itself down due to trolls. My buddy, almost never showed up here, and I stuck around, but never bothered to change my username. I've been in and out, on and off of the forums since 2010, but have slowly turned into a regular. And in a stroke of luck, I had a 'calling' to the Norse Gods, of which the Hammer is a symbol, and I now find it a lovely coincidence.

Country: USA, but I also lived in Japan for 4 years, and visted many Asian and Pacific countries, during my 10 yearstint in the Navy.

About me: I'm a 10 year Navy Veteran, and while I didn't enjoy 60% of my time in, I wouldn't trade the experiences for the World. Nothing beats the sky at night out to sea, or a sunset, or a sunrise (if you catch my drift). I was rated (job) as a Fire Controlman and ultimately did maintenance and repair on electronics and computers that managed the Tomahawk Missiles System. On the side I took on duties as a Maintenance Supervisor, worked the ships Armory on my duty days, and taught others to shoot during live fire exercises. Eventually, I ended my tour teaching introductory Sailors how to be and Act like Sailors, while the were living and going to their technical schools right after Boot Camp. This consisted of basically micromanaging 300 17-25 year olds, many of whom had just left home for the first time, through their day to day activities.

I've considered myself a Pagan and Druid for the last 15 and 13 years respectively. Although my devotion to the Gods has grown and, sometimes even disapated over time; it has ultimately been Strengthened through engagement and connection with others on this forum.

I am currently attending University, and it is taking up a large percentage of my time. I am studying Anthropology and minoring in Archaeology.

Political Views: Mostly Progressive, Left-Leaning, but fairly close to Moderate/Center, IMO.

Interests: Nature, Plants and Animals. Open World video games, mostly the Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect franchises. Listening to music. I also love to read, when I actually have the time to do so outside of school. I usually read non-fiction (science, psychology) , Religion, and Mythology, oh yeah RF is also mandatory reading for mods :p.

Random fact: I have a dog named Loki, with whom I couldn't share a more Pure love for, and him in turn for me. Relax, I'm talking about Storge and Philia, or Familial, and Friendship love.

So, now that you've made it to the end, please feel free to ask me anything else.

Question 1 : Why didn't you call this thread 'Stop, Hammer-time'? It would have been a mike-drop moment, particularly if you changed your avatar so that Yggdrasil was dressed in happy pants.

Question 2 : Have you made sure that Loki is unable to have pups? If not, are you going to name the first one Fenrir, and then keep him chained up?

Question 3 : Do you waste a lot of time on character creation in Elder Scrolls, and end up with Race-envy after seeing what some other race can do?

Question 4 : Have you even been to Papua New Guinea on your travels around Asia and the Pacific? If so, which parts, what did you think, etc.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Have you met Stanley Kirk Burrell before?

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I collect hammers.
My biggest are around 9' tall, & weigh over 2 tons.
Do you know any of them?

Probably not, but I'm assuming that's a hydraulic hammer? My friends are Framing and Sledge style. Although, the Maul comes out time and again.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Probably not, but I'm assuming that's a hydraulic hammer? My friends are Wood and Sledge style. Although, the Maul comes out time and again.
The big ones are mechanical rather than hydraulic, eg, board drop, helving.
The little ones are sledge, ball peen, framing, finish carpentry, dead blow,
engineers, brick, rock, mallets, brass, lead, bumping, pick, & splitting maul.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Question 1 : Why didn't you call this thread 'Stop, Hammer-time'? It would have been a mike-drop moment, particularly if you changed your avatar so that Yggdrasil was dressed in happy pants.

Question 2 : Have you made sure that Loki is unable to have pups? If not, are you going to name the first one Fenrir, and then keep him chained up?

Question 3 : Do you waste a lot of time on character creation in Elder Scrolls, and end up with Race-envy after seeing what some other race can do?

Question 4 : Have you even been to Papua New Guinea on your travels around Asia and the Pacific? If so, which parts, what did you think, etc.

1. LMAO, I actually almost did. Minus the changing my Avatar, portion. What stopped me was not wanting to take the time to look up an MC Hammer music video to also tack on, as it would have been required.

2. He is and will stay pupless, and ball-less. But I have thought about getting him a female friend and naming her Sigyn anyways, but my Wife says no (to the name).

3. More times then I can count, lmao. I also get Skill/Class envy (But I wanna use that two handed hammer, says my Mage). Especially now that I have a Mod added that lets me skip the opening story, and RP a new intro/background.

4. I have not been to Papua New Guinea, but I have been near those water. What I do know is that of the roughly 7000 spoken languages around the world, they (PNG) contain around 6000 of them.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What brought you to Druidry?

I wasn't raised all that religiously, I remember a few basic Christian prayers from growing up, and then I spent some time in a Catholic School at 13 in preperation for Baptism, which I completed, but almost immediately started questioning (Monotheism always felt weird for me). I parted from Christianity at 18, was a Satanist for a time, and then slowly settled into my Pagan roots (I've always felt Awe outdoors).

I mostly came to Druidry through the same means as Paganism, due to an immense Reverence for Nature, in all it's chaotic and oftentimes beneficial splendor. And also through a Book called The Druidry Handbook by John Michael Greer. From that point, it has been a wonderful and winding journey through the trees of life.

Edit: Added paragraph, to give more backstory.

Last edited: