• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Me No Questions.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
My understanding was that if your pants were up and there was a chicken on your head, then it wasn't really a lie.:jester3: Or does that only apply at GTGs? Anyway, I would appreciate your wise counsel.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I think that there might be a way around the OP.

Retrorich, I was wondering if you can complete this sentence for me.

If I were president, the first things I would do......

And remember, no lying. :D

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
cardero said:
I think that there might be a way around the OP.

Retrorich, I was wondering if you can complete this sentence for me.

If I were president, the first things I would do......

And remember, no lying. :D
Pour me a large bourbon and branch water, and get started on my next international invasion.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
PureX said:
Does this mean that if I ask you a question, you'll inevitably lie to me?
Actually, I very seldom lie--except to avoid hurting someone's feelings. To be a good liar, you need a good memory (so you can keep from contradicting yourself). My memory sucks!

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
PureX said:
Does this mean that if I ask you a question, you'll inevitably lie to me?

My thoughts exactly....
So as long as you don't ask, you'll get nothing but truth.....:D

Buttercup

Veteran Member
You need to take Snoopy out for a walk. I'm calling the Humane Society to report you for excessively overworking a canine. And I bet you don't pay him peanuts.

joeboonda

Why would the thought of telling a lie bother you if you are an atheist? Why would you care about breaking the 9th commandment of the Lord? Why would you care about right and wrong, if God did not give you a conscience, meaning 'with knowledge'? Have you ever lied? James said that if you break the law (10 commandments) in one point, you are guilty of all. Fact is, we are all guilty before God, and need to repent, that is to turn from the sin of unbelief, to belief in what Jesus did for us on the cross, paying for all our sins once and for all. This is the ONLY thing we must do in this life, we MUST be born again, Jesus said that, not me.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
joeboonda said:
Why would the thought of telling a lie bother you if you are an atheist? Why would you care about breaking the 9th commandment of the Lord?
The so-called "commandments of the Lord" mean nothing to me. I just don't like to lie. My honesty sometimes gets me into trouble, but I don't care.

joeboonda

To lie, steal, murder, etc. are things all men are conscience of, conscience meaning, "with knowledge". They happen to be God's law written in our heart. If you think on it, we know, with knowlege, some things are wrong. That is defined as sin. We all have sinned, I know I have, and need a Saviour, and that is Jesus Christ, who, when we repent, that is, turn from the sin of unbelief to belief in Him, that He paid for all our sins, we are counted righteous before God and can go to Heaven. That sure beats just a hole in the dirt.

robtex

Veteran Member
Rich, how old were you when you first started to doubt the existance of God and what was the pivotal moment or thoughts that brought you to atheism?