• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me... Let it All Hang Out.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We have a saying that you are "Loved, accepted and connected"

Loved in that love is unconditional. Trying not look at the heart and not what you see. Not that I have perfected it (I also need unconditional love) but always realizing that there is a person behind what we see. Forgiveness is a powerful tool in this department.

Accepting the person... many times people say "I know that my parents love me but they don't accept me". Meeting people where they are at -- and, hopefully, moving them forward in life.

Connecting is the outward expression of the above two. Whether paying for someones groceries, helping a single parent, connecting them with other helps, Working towards housing, food, counseling... it can have a myriad of facets.

Does that make sense? Did I answer the question?

It makes perfect sense. From a very different perspective and however imperfectly I strive to do the same.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Small government but the need of government. The more freedom we push to the individual the better we are. The more authority we give to the government the less freedom we have. If we give the government cradle to grave authority, we have no liberty. That freedom, however, can work against us and thus the need of government. Freedom to poop on the sidewalk isn't a piece of cake. (this point could take us around the world :) )

I agree with you (which might be a slight surprise) but draw the line in a very different place. How do you react to this:

Given the low state of humanity today with the high level of irresponsibility, ignorance and selfishness, we need a lot more government than is ideal. Too many people don't respond except to government dictate or rebel against doing the right thing no matter what because they prize themselves and their desires above anything else.

NB: I believe that is changing as the first shoots of spring show up in the dead of winter but it will take time to fully manifest. In the interim, I support organizations such as one with the motto "all of us taking care of all of us" which seeks to practice a higher ideal.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I agree with you (which might be a slight surprise) but draw the line in a very different place. How do you react to this:

Given the low state of humanity today with the high level of irresponsibility, ignorance and selfishness, we need a lot more government than is ideal. Too many people don't respond except to government dictate or rebel against doing the right thing no matter what because they prize themselves and their desires above anything else.

NB: I believe that is changing as the first shoots of spring show up in the dead of winter but it will take time to fully manifest. In the interim, I support organizations such as one with the motto "all of us taking care of all of us" which seeks to practice a higher ideal.
As I mentioned before, there is always a pro and con with this one not being an exception.

The more laws you place, the more infringes to laws you will find, the more fines and the more jail time.

If I established a law... "Thou shalt not lie"... though basically a good law, who would be exempt? Fines, double fines and finally jail time. (taken to an extreme for the purpose of illustration).

Or, as you stated, "rebel against doing the right thing no matter what because they prize themselves and their desires above anything else."

It is like telling a child "Don't eat that cookie until after supper". The moment you say it, something rises up that wants to violate that edict.

Although we do need laws (obviously) we also understand that the jail are full (and getting fuller) regardless of laws. Thus my belief that we are changed not so much by outward forces (thought it does help in some cases) but rather from an inward transformation (as I experienced)

LOL did I use enough parenthesis?

Helping others like the site you mentioned... is... well.... is.... how can I say it....

AMAZING!!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Helping others like the site you mentioned... is... well.... is.... how can I say it....

AMAZING!!

We no doubt have theological differences and we certainly have vast political differences. But we share a central point of agreement which to me utterly overrides our differences.

Kenny

Premium Member
We no doubt have theological differences and we certainly have vast political differences. But we share a central point of agreement which to me utterly overrides our differences.
Do hope you have a great rest of your day! :)

Kenny

Premium Member
Are you Pentecostal, evangelical or mainline?

I don't necessarily like using titles because we have preconceived ideas of what that means (at least in my mind)

Non-denominational charismatic.

LOL... what does that mean? A pentecostal evangelical that is an independent church that doesn't mind fellowshipping with people who are of any other mainline denomination. :D

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Thoughts on the bite model?
I ain't read much on it but I did find this video of a person using it on pentecoastals to see if it's a cult which has made me curious(note I dont think Pentecostals are a cult too many denominations to say all Pentecostals are cult members) hope it's the right video it's been a while since I watched it
Edit wrong video looking for the right video...

Edit again: did not find it but found this:

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Do you have any pets?
We have had pets. We had two parrots that screeched and screeched and screeched. Two years later we had a church garage sell.... and we sold it. :D

Have dogs a few dogs. Today we are so busy, we haven't gotten another because we don't want to leave it alone. Instead, we enjoy the dogs at our children's homes :) We house keep them every once in a long while.

Younger times, cats, dogs, parrots.

Love animals.

Psalm23

We have had pets. We had two parrots that screeched and screeched and screeched. Two years later we had a church garage sell.... and we sold it. :D

Have dogs a few dogs. Today we are so busy, we haven't gotten another because we don't want to leave it alone. Instead, we enjoy the dogs at our children's homes :) We house keep them every once in a long while.

Younger times, cats, dogs, parrots.

Love animals.

Do you have pictures of your dogs you would like to share? I would love to see them. I love animals too. :relaxed: