• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me... Let it All Hang Out.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The original series was the best. :) At least in my eyes... call me ancient and unchangeable if you will... until... Star Wars.
Star Wars was good for a few movies.
But then it became uninteresting for me.
Star Trek remains interesting...the movies
notwithstanding.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I have a question:

Why do you give your religion as "Judeo/Christian" as opposed to just "Christian"?
Because I believe the Christ in intricately connected to Jewish scriptures. If it weren't for the Jewish scriptures, there would be no Christ to believe in.

Kenny

Premium Member
Vinegar, mayo or ketchup on your fries?

Seriously, this is something i just can't get my head round. Why do you (many people) put so much faith in religion?
KETCHUP! AND LOT'S OF IT! :D

What would ketchup be without faith? :D

Kenny

Premium Member
Favorite animal? Mine is snakes
I like just about any animal. I don't think I have a favorite (my nephew breeds snakes)... what I do have are two worst animals... mosquitoes and flies! Come into my airspace and you are GONE! :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I like just about any animal. I don't think I have a favorite (my nephew breeds snakes)... what I do have are two worst animals... mosquitoes and flies! Come into my airspace and you are GONE! :)
Ugh mosquitos....they get terrible here around the summer cuz it's so humid and hot. I hate them too
Edit: my uncle used to breed snakes too. He was quite infamous in the snake breeder world around here and in a few other states till he had to give up his collection cuz it got too expensive. I remember I used to be scared of snakes but when I was 8 years old my uncle put a huge Burmese python on my shoulders. I've love them every since.

Favorite season?

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
I have noticed that you are unfailingly polite when responding to posters who adopt a somewhat, shall we say, belligerent attitude towards people of faith. Is this something you have to work at? And are you trying to respond in the way you think Jesus would?
No.. I don't have to work at it. Maybe because of a changed lifestyle for almost 40 years --practicing and practicing? But, yes, it is also a desire to emulate Jesus.

Although, sometimes I can ride the line real close :)

I think of Jesus who, in the worst of circumstance being nailed to the cross, said "Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing".

Having come from a home where my parents divorced (much more to it), I realize that hurt people hurt other people. Many are just speaking from their hurt and no need to add to it.

Thanks for asking.

Kenny

Premium Member
Ugh mosquitos....they get terrible here around the summer cuz it's so humid and hot. I hate them too
Edit: my uncle used to breed snakes too. He was quite infamous in the snake breeder world around here and in a few other states till he had to give up his collection cuz it got too expensive. I remember I used to be scared of snakes but when I was 8 years old my uncle put a huge Burmese python on my shoulders. I've love them every since.

Favorite season?

Spring... new life, green, bursting flowers. That being said, I very much enjoy Florida winter... a break from the heat. Autumn is also a wonderful time. Summer is a GREAT time to enjoy inside air conditioning!! :D Outside... heeeeeelp!

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Spring... new life, green, bursting flowers. That being said, I very much enjoy Florida winter... a break from the heat. Autumn is also a wonderful time. Summer is a GREAT time to enjoy inside air conditioning!! :D Outside... heeeeeelp!
Im betting y'alls weather is like NC then.

Kenny

Premium Member
What do you consider to be the defining positive characteristics that inform your political viewpoint?

That is always a complicated double-edged sword because there are pros and cons to every position. (If I understand your question correctly)

The bedrock for me, of course, is my faith. (The con is that there are those who misuse faith and give it a bad name). So, freedom of religion (or the desire not to have one) is a top positive characteristic.

Small government but the need of government. The more freedom we push to the individual the better we are. The more authority we give to the government the less freedom we have. If we give the government cradle to grave authority, we have no liberty. That freedom, however, can work against us and thus the need of government. Freedom to poop on the sidewalk isn't a piece of cake. (this point could take us around the world :) )

Fiscal responsibility... don't live beyond your means. (Generally speaking, you don't loose you home when you do so)

Life - if you are going to err, err on the side of life.

Pursuit of happiness. We don't owe anyone to make them happy (do we help, yes). But individual pursuit also has individual responsibility. If one's pursuit of happiness is to live beyond one's mean, doesn't mean that the community at large has the responsibility to keep them afloat (tough love). Like an alcoholic, unless you hit rock bottom and decide you want to change, no help will make a difference.

I guess that is a starting point? Did I answer the questions?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I guess that is a starting point? Did I answer the questions?

Thank you, yes and yes.

If the political topic of discussion is a specific (rather than underlying beliefs) that's how the focus tends to remain and a bun fight ensues. So I'm always interested to understand (well, sometimes...) why somebody thinks what they think, especially when their political (or whatever, I suppose) outlook seems so diametrically opposed to my own. You seemed like a good candidate for my curiousity. :)