• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything

David1967

Premium Member
Yes. He says a lot of stuff I disagree with, but despite what my avatar might lead you to believe, I prefer Megadeth to Metallica.

I saw Dave on a show last week. The interviewer asked him if he lost street cred due
to his political beliefs. He said "Im Dave Mustain, I don't lose street cred. " I fell out of my chair laughing.

ukok102nak

Ask me anything. "Anything" excludes stupid questions.

~;> are you familiar with this
585531148.jpg

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

VioletVortex

Why are you on this site?

I'm going to do myself a favor and not retaliate with a rude response.

My original intent with joining this site was to argue with people. After a few months, the value of that deteriorated, and gave way to an actual interest in religion, brought about by my readings on this site.

I still do enjoy a good argument, though.

VioletVortex

What do you consider spiritual?

Spirituality and psychology are closely intertwined IMO, so much that they sometimes seem synonymous. Spirituality pertains more to things that are difficult or maybe even impossible to explain by conventional science, such as sentience, what happens to it after death, how it works etc.

In a way, the gods are the theoretical minds of nature. I believe that everything has a spiritual side, however, I am unsure as to whether this is created by human minds, or if it is there inherently.

VioletVortex

Meaningless...it just exists and serves no purpose....

Life on its own is a blank slate; spirituality is one of the things that gives it meaning. We are sentient (spiritual) and that is why life means something to us.

I'm not a Nihilst, though I have definitely explored that point of view briefly. I do not think there is an inherent goal of existence, people set their own goals individually.

VioletVortex

I saw Dave on a show last week. The interviewer asked him if he lost street cred due
to his political beliefs. He said "Im Dave Mustain, I don't lose street cred. " I fell out of my chair laughing.

I'd imagine Dave Mustaine is actually a nice guy. Yes, he would disagree rather strongly with my spiritual views, and the media paints him out as an *******, but he really seems like a nice person. He's pretty funny too.

David1967

Premium Member
I'd imagine Dave Mustaine is actually a nice guy. Yes, he would disagree rather strongly with my spiritual views, and the media paints him out as an *******, but he really seems like a nice person. He's pretty funny too.

I seen Megadeath in their prime. They were great (still are IMO). But yeah. Watch an interview with Dave then as opposed to now. Very different. He's still opinionated but more thoughtful. A couple guys that take guitar lessons at my shop met him last year and they said he was very nice to them.