• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything about Quakers

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Does being a Quaker make you a champion at Quake?

565295._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
This is probably the best joke about quakerism I've gotten...And it's not about oatmeal.Answer: No.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I noticed someone made a thread on this in the Quaker DIR but since nobody really kept up with it and it would be better to make one here where there is more freedom to comment I thought I would make a new one and answer questions. So if you have any questions on the Religious Society of Friends I'm here.

I’d like some more information about it as well as contacts here in Australia. I’d like to meet them and learn from them.

David1967

Premium Member
I noticed someone made a thread on this in the Quaker DIR but since nobody really kept up with it and it would be better to make one here where there is more freedom to comment I thought I would make a new one and answer questions. So if you have any questions on the Religious Society of Friends I'm here.

Why do you "Quake"?

David1967

Premium Member
Not all Quakers quake but those that do quake when they are moved very strongly by the Spirit. It can create some strong emotions and some people react by shaking.

kind of a predecessor to the modern movement of pentecostalism?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Where is this Quaker DIR on RF? I did a search and don't see it :(
Sorry for the really late reply I don't think I was on here december. In Abrahamic religions under christian denominations under Protestants under Religious society of friends