• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything about Quakers

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
@Fool @Call me name Try not to debate you two.I don't want anyone to get in trouble while posting in my thread. Especially for debating in a non-debating forum.This is however an interesting conversation and I do like it. Just be careful.

VoidCat

Discrimination against Quakers?
I forgot to add...They were discriminated in the past that's how we ended up in the US. In england back in the 17th century we had to leave england because of our beliefs.More on that here:
LEGACY

VoidCat

I'm assuming the differences is just the ways of practice?

I know there are some (but not most) god-religions that don't limit the definition of a deity but see it as a spark of life in us all. Probably very few without a creed. That's kinda what I get from the websites I looked at.

Do you think that's the case?
That is the case:^)

Call me name

I'm christian
yes it is but he goes on to say in the same chapter. on that day you will know that the Way is through I AM, self.

John 14:20

20 At that day you will know that, I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

if you're looking to go through Jesus to get to the Father, then the WAY is through self to know the real Jesus and Father is to venture inward. Immersion, venturing into the Name, is the WAY. that name is at exodus 3:14
Sorry but let memmake thist straight Wrong again. Who I am here reffers to? It is again reffers to Jesus bescause that time Jesus is speak to his deciple. So if we want to use this verse it not reffers to us (self) but to Jesus.

John 14:20, this verse condition is Jesus want to tell deciples about His relation between God The Father that He is One with the Father.

VoidCat

@dybmh that link One thing to add...Where it meantions slavery? While most quakers were deeply involved in getting rid of slavery and helped with the underground railroad there were a few slave owning Quakers.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
@Fool @Call me name Try not to debate you two.I don't want anyone to get in trouble while posting in my thread. Especially for debating in a non-debating forum.This is however an interesting conversation and I do like it. Just be careful.

thank you for the heads up and my apologies. i should note that quakers, as you stated, believe the light is within all.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Sorry but let memmake thist straight Wrong again. Who I am here reffers to? It is again reffers to Jesus bescause that time Jesus is speak to his deciple. So if we want to use this verse it not reffers to us (self) but to Jesus.

John 14:20, this verse condition is Jesus want to tell deciples about His relation between God The Father that He is One with the Father.
the topic of this thread is about quakers. we should respect that. i failed to recognize that. lets discuss quakers and quakerism.

VoidCat

thank you for the heads up and my apologies. i should note that quakers, as you stated, believe the light is within all.

the topic of this thread is about quakers. we should respect that. i failed to recognize that. lets discuss quakers and quakerism.
I accept your apology and you are right the light is within all.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I noticed someone made a thread on this in the Quaker DIR but since nobody really kept up with it and it would be better to make one here where there is more freedom to comment I thought I would make a new one and answer questions. So if you have any questions on the Religious Society of Friends I'm here.

Quakerism, from what I recall, is about having a personal relationship with God.

If true, what do you feel your personal relationship with God consists of?

VoidCat

Quakerism, from what I recall, is about having a personal relationship with God.

If true, what do you feel your personal relationship with God consists of?
Sorry for the late reply. It consists of me constantly trying to get closer to Him and by listening to the Spirit following it's guidance. I pray a lot I do a lot of silent worship. I read the Bible a lot even if I disagree with some of it. I write a lot of poetry about God as well.Theres more but basically I'm constantly trying to get closer to God and follow the Spirit

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Sorry for the late reply. It consists of me constantly trying to get closer to Him and by listening to the Spirit following it's guidance. I pray a lot I do a lot of silent worship. I read the Bible a lot even if I disagree with some of it. I write a lot of poetry about God as well.Theres more but basically I'm constantly trying to get closer to God and follow the Spirit

How does the Spirit communicate with you?

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
Does being a Quaker make you a champion at Quake?

565295._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg