• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything about my religious beliefs

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You bring out some very good questions. Only humans ponder deeply about death and life and the future. As an example, no matter how prettily birds sing, they do not write songs with meaning as humans do. They don't write operas. They don't write books and poetry. Only humans do. And we have to ask ourselves (at least I do), why is that? I am sure you know the answer.
You do not seem to realize that for over 90% of man's history that we did not have the ability to write songs or literature or opera either. Does that mean we were not human before The Thieving Magpie?

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You bring out some very good questions. Only humans ponder deeply about death and life and the future. As an example, no matter how prettily birds sing, they do not write songs with meaning as humans do. They don't write operas. They don't write books and poetry. Only humans do. And we have to ask ourselves (at least I do), why is that? I am sure you know the answer.

These are things that I sought answers to myself....I cannot take anything at face value....I have to dig until I find the answers....and those answers have to be solidly based on scripture and they have to fit logically into the big picture. Only when I saw the big picture, did I know where everything had its place. I saw the Bible as one story, with an ideal life given to man in the beginning, which was lost because of disobedience....and I saw how God purposed to get us back everything that was taken from us....and it's brilliant how he accomplishes it.

Being made in God's image means to me that we have his appreciation for the finer things, like music and poetry and literature...none of those carry any survival advantage if we merely evolved. We have a purpose and meaning to our lives, and once we acknowledge that, I believe that the Creator will show us the way 'home'....:)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
These are things that I sought answers to myself....I cannot take anything at face value....I have to dig until I find the answers....and those answers have to be solidly based on scripture and they have to fit logically into the big picture. Only when I saw the big picture, did I know where everything had its place. I saw the Bible as one story, with an ideal life given to man in the beginning, which was lost because of disobedience....and I saw how God purposed to get us back everything that was taken from us....and it's brilliant how he accomplishes it.

Being made in God's image means to me that we have his appreciation for the finer things, like music and poetry and literature...none of those carry any survival advantage if we merely evolved. We have a purpose and meaning to our lives, and once we acknowledge that, I believe that the Creator will show us the way 'home'....:)
The general picture you present, with Adam and Eve and how they threw away their blessed relationship with God is something that became clear to me as well, as I continued reading and studying the Bible. :) Nothing makes as much sense to me as the Bible does.
Can you imagine waking up every day happy and eager to get out of bed? :) I can. I often think about it and the wonderful future God has in store for those who love Him.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
My question is this: based on the fact that this thread is old has any of your responses changed?

VoidCat

I am no longer answering questions in this thread.

I find no benefit to sharing anything about myself. Why would anyone believe me anyway?
I apologize for answering on this thread I did not see this.Feel free to PM tho.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The general picture you present, with Adam and Eve and how they threw away their blessed relationship with God is something that became clear to me as well, as I continued reading and studying the Bible. :) Nothing makes as much sense to me as the Bible does.
Can you imagine waking up every day happy and eager to get out of bed? :) I can. I often think about it and the wonderful future God has in store for those who love Him.
Me, too!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Unga-Bunga Good background music for re-reading this thread....

upload_2020-5-15_14-29-1.png

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@Ray Warren , here's an update and a brief explanation.

I find fault in almost all established faiths. And because of how my brain works; these faults do not allow me to fully commit to a religion. I think it's a flaw. And it troubles me sometimes.

This has changed. I have now come to terms with the flaws in Judaism, and I am settled in my Jewish identity. Both religiously and ethnically.

In simplest terms, God is Brahman ( The Hindu concept of the ultimate source of creation ). All of creation is God; but, God is not limited to creation.

This hasn't changed. I still think that Hindu do the best at defining God in English words.

for me, for what ever reason. I need to stay closer to the earthly matters. Taking care of people, making them happy. Figuring out what they like to eat. And making it for them. Making people feel accepted, and loved, and safe. That's what i can do.
Still true.
These simple things, these precious moments, I stretch each one out in my mind. Each one is a paradise for me. Because of this I have already had thousands maybe millions of paradises. And I will likely have thousands or millions more.
Still true, classic me. Pure optimism.
I am no longer answering questions in this thread.

I find no benefit to sharing anything about myself. Why would anyone believe me anyway?
OK. So there was about a 6 month lapse in the thread, and then I posted this message because of some flack I had received here on RF about changing my religious affiliation to Judaism officially. It was an over-reaction on my part in retrospect. After a few months, I got over it, and returned to my default cheerful demeanor.

VoidCat

OK. So there was about a 6 month lapse in the thread, and then I posted this message because of some flack I had received here on RF about changing my religious affiliation to Judaism officially. It was an over-reaction on my part in retrospect. After a few months, I got over it, and returned to my default cheerful demeanor.
Always the spaz...