• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything about my religious beliefs

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I think you need to start by giving a short overview of what you believe.
To the best of my knowledge, I am a Panentheist. I believe in God that is best described in words via Hindu descriptions of Brahman. ( although I am not Hindu, so this is just an approximation, based on my limited knowledge / understanding ).

Regarding "The Bible" I entertain a slim minute possibility that the story is true.

I believe that all religions, all systems of belief and non-belief have value. Even if some of those beliefs and or non-beliefs are only valuable as negative role models.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
@dybmh Since you are constantly asking questions about religion and beliefs, do you actually agree with any established faith or are you more of a "shopper" in the great celestial supermarket?? :p

In our ministry, JW's often hear the response..."I have my own religion" which is fine, but some people really mean it....they have their very own religion.....and they are the only members of their own "church" which exists only in their own minds. There are some here at RF who fit this description. Is that what you think God wants his worship to be? Each one 'shopping' for beliefs because they sound OK to the individual?

If there is a God who created all things, do you believe that he would leave us in ignorance about his existence and fail to inform us of his expectations for humankind? :shrug:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Don't take this the wrong way, but whichever religious path you decide... I still have my suspicions you dress up like Batman at night and live a double-life.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Rank the following in order?:

God
Cheese
Science
Cheese science
The Bible
Jesus
_-14-128.png
What a friend we have in cheeses . . .

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Okay....what are they?
To the best of my knowledge, I am a Panentheist. I believe in God that is best described in words via Hindu descriptions of Brahman. ( although I am not Hindu, so this is just an approximation, based on my limited knowledge / understanding ).

Regarding "The Bible" I entertain a slim minute possibility that the story is true.

I believe that all religions, all systems of belief and non-belief have value. Even if some of those beliefs and or non-beliefs are only valuable as negative role models.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@dybmh Since you are constantly asking questions about religion and beliefs, do you actually agree with any established faith or are you more of a "shopper" in the great celestial supermarket?? :p
It's a good question. I find fault in almost all established faiths. And because of how my brain works; these faults do not allow me to fully commit to a religion. I think it's a flaw. And it troubles me sometimes.
In our ministry, JW's often hear the response..."I have my own religion" which is fine, but some people really mean it....they have their very own religion.....and they are the only members of their own "church" which exists only in their own minds. There are some here at RF who fit this description. Is that what you think God wants his worship to be? Each one 'shopping' for beliefs because they sound OK to the individual?
I think the problem I have is with religion as a concept. when I think of religion, it reminds me of taking medicine. A person takes the medicine religiously, without thinking about it, without considering if it is helping or harming. The practice is completed consistently. I don't work that way. So no... I do not have my own religion, or my own church. I definitely would not describe myself that way.
If there is a God who created all things, do you believe that he would leave us in ignorance about his existence and fail to inform us of his expectations for humankind? :shrug:
I don't know. I have typed different answers to this question and deleted them all, trying to put words to it. I just don't know. I can see it both ways.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

How do you describe Panentheism?