• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me any question about Religion and i will answer them

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Well then how do you know you've picked the "correct" one?
Do you believe it is merely a coincidence that you were born and raised in a Muslim country and just so happen to be Muslim now?

No.

But it is divine, unless you show me a religion better i stay here which i doubt fully because it is the truth. You cannot say irrational things like how do you know you picked the correct one, because it is the correct one through research, no other religion is like Islam, unless you show me which.

:)

Aquitaine

No.

But it is divine, unless you show me a religion better i stay here which i doubt fully because it is the truth. You cannot say irrational things like how do you know you picked the correct one, because it is the correct one through research, no other religion is like Islam, unless you show me which.

But without proper research how can you come to the conclusion that you've got the "correct" one?
Unless you try all the different ice-cream flavours at the shop, you'll never know which one is your favourite.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
But without proper research how can you come to the conclusion that you've got the "correct" one?
Unless you try all the different ice-cream flavours at the shop, you'll never know which one is your favourite.
I agree. In order to make such a statement one should have extensively investigated other religions and then they could arrive at an informed decision to go with any particular one. I get the distinct impression that Jabar has only studied Islam so his comments are extremely superficial, but sadly, are fairly normal attitudes in the Muslim world these days. It's been so long since Islam had any intellectual giants that they no longer even understand their disadvantaged position.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Refrain from asking two questions at the same time, Much Obliged!

It is better for men to lead because men look at women's bums as my friend Muhammad has stated,
hehe.

Remember it depends on the circumstances.

Are Muslim men incapable of controlling themselves?

Jabar

Because it is like saying A, B, C, D.

I pick A and it is correct. I do not really have to look at the other answers unless i wanna check.

Similarly, Islam is the truth.

How about you show me the truth? NONE but Islam.

Aquitaine

I pick A and it is correct. I do not really have to look at the other answers unless i wanna check.

That sounds incredibly foolish and intellectually lazy, if I'm honest; especially if you're talking about "truth".
What is "truth" in your opinion?

The closest thing to "the truth" that I can think of is the scientific method.

I agree. In order to make such a statement one should have extensively investigated other religions and then they could arrive at an informed decision to go with any particular one. I get the distinct impression that Jabar has only studied Islam so his comments are extremely superficial, but sadly, are fairly normal attitudes in the Muslim world these days. It's been so long since Islam had any intellectual giants that they no longer even understand their disadvantaged position.

Yeah, I get the impression that Jabar is completely underestimating the effect growing up in a muslim country has had on him believing that Islam (suprise suprise) is the one "true" religion.

Jabar

That sounds incredibly foolish and intellectually lazy, if I'm honest; especially if you're talking about "truth".
What is "truth" in your opinion?

The closest thing to "the truth" that I can think of is the scientific method.

Yeah, I get the impression that Jabar is completely underestimating the effect growing up in a muslim country has had on him believing that Islam (suprise suprise) is the one "true" religion.

Scientific method? HAHAHA you are blinded by today's society.
Truth is our foundation of life.

I have never been to a Muslim country FYI, but i have done research and found it the Truth.

Aquitaine

I have never been to a Muslim country FYI, but i have done research and found it the Truth.

I thought you were born and raised in Afghanistan?

Oh and I'm going to just pretend you didn't ridicule the scientific method like that. . . surely you have to be trolling there. . .

muhammad_isa

Truth is our foundation of life..
Some people don't like the truth .. that's often because they are brought up in a liberal society and don't realise that it is not sustainable. In fact, I wonder what will happen if the EU breaks up due to selfishness/nationalism

Jabar

I thought you were born and raised in Afghanistan?

Oh and I'm going to just pretend you didn't ridicule the scientific method like that. . . surely you have to be trolling there. . .

No, that it where my parents are from. . .

Jabar

Some people don't like the truth .. that's often because they are brought up in a liberal society and don't realise that it is not sustainable. In fact, I wonder what will happen if the EU breaks up due to selfishness/nationalism

Agreed.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

What you don't appreciate, Jabar is that so-called "truth" is relative to understanding and therefore is not as concrete as it might seem. As understanding grows, truth can change.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Look, you seem like a reasonably bright fellow. Look at what you have written above. The way it is written indicates that your mind (and heart) are already set. In that respect, someone could offer you a marvelous view of reality and your brain would cut off their answers before you had actually seriously considered what they were saying. Therefore your request to have people tell you their version of truth is insincere, as you don't believe they have any truth worth listening to, unless they are talking about Islam or Islamic ideas in a way that conforms to your understanding. In effect, you have put yourself in an intellectual coffin, from which, you cannot escape and so you will feel secure in what you know.

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Why did Islam arise in a desert where there is such a small population and during relatively modern times comparitively to the rest of the world with Islam about 1,000 years ago, but not in an area of major population such as the Roman Empire (Rome) or India or China or long ago? And why does it borrow so much from the Jews who are today often abused by Islamists?

muhammad_isa

Why did Islam arise in a desert where there is such a small population and during relatively modern times comparitively to the rest of the world with Islam about 1,000 years ago, but not in an area of major population such as the Roman Empire (Rome) or India or China or long ago? And why does it borrow so much from the Jews who are today often abused by Islamists?
An interesting question..
Firstly, the reason why Islam was successful in Arabia was due to its poor, harsh environment. As Jesus, peace be with him, is reported to have said "For the rich man to get to heaven is like the camel going through the eye of the needle". This is why Prophets in Jerusalem were no longer successful, as the Jews were relatively rich and oppressed the prophets that were sent to them, such as John the Baptist and Jesus.

The reason why it 'borrows' so much from the Jews is because the Bible is based on truth, and Almighty God has sent many Prophets with a similar message/laws. The Israelites started off as oppressed slaves. Almighty God likes gratitude and sincerity .. we can benefit from that. Later generations unfortunately have become wealthy and corrupt .. this leads to our downfall