1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Ask me any bible related question!

Discussion in 'Religions Q&A' started by anonymous9887, May 20, 2018.

1. savagewind

savagewind Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,366
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    I think you might mean viable not non viable. Am I right?

2. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,366
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    Do you believe that it is God's will that Matthew 24:19 Matthew 28:19 should say that to disciple means to make disciples?

3. anonymous9887

anonymous9887 bible reader

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    Whether or not the street thug chooses to take advantage of an opportunity or not is on him, but he can never say he wasn't given a chance. in court you cant be convicted for a crime you dont commit. So if god gave him a chance and he rejected it, that is on the person, because he made that choice not god.

4. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    We can get facts from those book, but would those books meet a criteria of a book you would expect if it were inspired of god?

5. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    No the bible tells us that the dead know nothing at all. Ecclesiastes 9:5-10
    Psalm 146:4 Ezekiel 18:4

6. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    Because for some reason they dont like religious people. Maybe they have been treated badly or disrespectfully by religious people. Although evil for evil doesn't make sense either.

7. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    If they choose to come crazy at me fine. the purpose is to have a data base of questions to study. And quite honestly I dont think I am conducting myself in a disrespectful manner even to those that may be deliberately rude. What do you think?

8. Audie

Audie Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,149
    Religion:
    None

Nobody should doubt you believe
    it though your actual reason may
    different than stated.

You say many can be resolved, and
    who knows, as you do not specify.

Some of course, cannot be. Tho to
    some apologists, down is up,
    as necessary.

You made no mention of my comment
    about accuracy. Hard to deny the lack
    of accuracy! If you have no prob with
    "God's word" being inaccurate, that will
    make life easier, esp if you are into,
    you know, cognitive dissonance. :D

9. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    Its all good. Its all questions. What is there to be afraid of. The way we conduct ourselves shows our true colors.

10. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    So that we can all have a productive discussion we must be able to turn our emotions off and be able to speak to one another in a respectful manner. we are all human and deserve to be treated as such. Luke 6:31

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    If you did not get a chance to attain accurate knowledge of god and you die then you will be given a chance at a resurrection at the 1000 year rein. gods thoughts on dying or being judged without accurate knowledge Jonah 4:10-11

12. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    we are always learning

13. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    I believe we help them become disciples and become positive encouragement. Jehovah draw people in. We show information they choose to accept god not us and we help each other out.
    Proverbs 27:17
    Hebrews 10:24-25

14. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    Well that just shows what kind of man Joseph was, he was a good man and god spoke to him and told him the story was not made up. I do take that as a historical account, just the fact that god can do such things.

15. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    make disciples in that we collect those who are rightly disposed to gods message. and again we each sharpen each other by our relationship with god. We become an encouragement to one another by our faith and knowledge.

16. anonymous9887

Ratings:
    +115
    Religion:
    unknown
    how about you show me the inaccuracies? I believe it is 100% reliable and accurate based on the ability to resolve the issues no problem.

17. savagewind

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,366
    Religion:
    An X-Jehovah's Witness
    I understand that. But, to be making people into disciples seems to be a real part of "all scripture is inspired of God" which means it is God's will that we make other people into disciples of Jesus. That was my question to you. You didn't answer it imho.

I understand that someone might see that the Christian life I am leading is something that he or she might like and so he or she decides to follow Christ. But, do you see a problem with that? I see many problems. Here's one. Acts of the Apostles 10:34-35.

....God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

Here's another one. 1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I know it is a fact that a person can have faith in God, hope and love but not be a disciple of Jesus.

Also, nowhere else in ALL scripture is there any proof that the work of a believer in God is to be making more believers in God.

I think that if a person does good and obeys the law he is acceptable for works respecting God's will be done.

So? Why has God ordered the making of disciples of Jesus?

That is my question.

18. dianaiad

dianaiad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,320
    Religion:
    LDS (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints)
    Oh, everybody does. That means that I can ask if the person I'm asking has any expertise or authority to answer my questions, or if the one inviting such questions is just massaging his own ego.

(shrug)

I'm old. I don't have time to learn things from people who don't know those things.

19. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +5,484
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    Thank you for going through all my questions. Especially happy to see that we agree on point 1: That's a major important point IMHO.
    1: I fully agree. We humans better never "sit on God's chair" making judgments in name of God [=blasphemy=death in the Bible]
    2: I agree that God understands each situation. I disagree that Hindu Scriptures [also God's gift] are insufficient, and they still need Jesus.
    3: Not sure what you meant with this. Maybe here you say "if you are sure about Hindu Scripture then it can be okay; God will know"
    4: You misunderstood the question I think. I asked about Christians using "Emotional Blackmail" (can be also called Black Magic) when telling different believing human "You go to hell, unless accepting Jesus". I explained it in the post [see link below] if you want to know more about this.
    Russia is Rounding up Jehovah's Witnesses.
    5: Nice observation

You seem like a very kind person. I hope you get a good and useful database out of all the questions.

Love, Peace and Blessings to us all

#219 stvdv, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  20. David T

David T Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,815
    Please grow up. This makes the entire narrAtive seem like mother Mary is a fraud and Joseph is an idiot. And Mary Magdalene a.hallucinating mad woman.