• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Me About My House

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, I'm stuck here most of the time...

Took me awhile to call it home, but I like it now.

Go ahead, ask away!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What is the R-rating of your wall insulation? What about ceiling?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
How's yer house do'n?

Its a lot better, now that the meddlers are out. There is a weak spot in the kitchen floor under the dishwasher that will eventually have to be addressed, but I'm ignoring that. I don't like people bumping around my workspace(kitchen). They like to 'improve' things that I didn't want 'improving'. A few cupboard doors are either falling off or have fallen off, and I'd like to replace them with unmatching new doors, hopefully to graffiti them before they're put up. We may put a resin seal(I think that's the name of it) over the counters. Whoever did the kitchen before we lived there chose very cheap materials, and it isn't lasting well.

What amp electrical service do you have?

Do I find that outside on the electrical box, or call the company?

What is the R-rating of your wall insulation? What about ceiling?

I will have you know our insulation is G rated! Though, I admit the ceilings might be PG-13...

Is it an older house or a newer house? Wood or brick?

It was built in 1912. Its wood, though there's wood and concrete in the walls if you knock them down(we had walls knocked down recently).

When was your house built and what is the square footage?

1912, and 1359 Square feet

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It will be the number on your main breaker in your service panel.

125 amps, if I'm reading it right.

Its a good thing I had to go to the basement to find that. I see my son's been neglecting the cat box...

His work for the day is cut out for him.

What's the garden like?:)

Awful! We have a small backyard, and its split into two. One side is for the dogs, the other is for the kids. The dog side is full of pinewood mulch, because the dogs kill all the grass with their digging. The mulch prevents them from getting too dirt laden and bringing it all in the house. The kids side is full of toys. Ares is very rough; there was a crawl through slide unit, but he pulled it all apart and tipped it on its side.

Beyond that, there is a very small area on the other side of the fence(that the kids and dogs don't access) that I hope will one day be a outdoor sanctuary. Its not large, but it could house a shrine or two. There are a few mulberry trees(many hate them, but I enjoy the berries) and a raspberry bush, but it doesn't produce much.

The front yard isn't bad, but its tiny. There's a giant old maple. My husband does flowers out there, and there's a tiered fountain, too, but Ares sometimes knocks that over, too, and the maple tree drops gunk in it, and it clogs sometimes.

Do you have a problem with termites?

Thankfully, no! Never had a termite. There were a few carpenter ants from some old wood that was used in the front yard, but we removed that, and we don't see them anymore

@JustGeorge What do you like most about your house?

The walls. We've got more to see than your average Applebee's.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Has your house ever tried this?
bpBu6clTnmfQOJXuOjbsxcpWc6I=.gif

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Awful! We have a small backyard, and its split into two. One side is for the dogs, the other is for the kids. The dog side is full of pinewood mulch, because the dogs kill all the grass with their digging. The mulch prevents them from getting too dirt laden and bringing it all in the house. The kids side is full of toys. Area is very rough; there was a crawl through slide unit, but he pulled it all apart and tipped it on its side.

Beyond that, there is a very small area on the other side of the fence(that the kids and dogs don't access) that I hope will one day be a outdoor sanctuary. Its not large, but it could house a shrine or two. There are a few mulberry trees(many hate them, but I enjoy the berries) and a raspberry bush, but it doesn't produce much.

The front yard isn't bad, but its tiny. There's a giant old maple. My husband does flowers out there, and there's a tiered fountain, too, but Ares sometimes knocks that over, too, and the maple tree drops gunk in it, .

I understand. :)
I love gardening so much, that is why I asked.
I live in an apartment but there is a greenhouse in the courtyard of the building...and I keep my vases there. I grow so many herbs like fennel and rocket salad. Also for my rabbit...he loves those plants.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I understand. :)
I love gardening so much, that is why I asked.
I live in an apartment but there is a greenhouse in the courtyard of the building...and I keep my vases there. I grow so many herbs like fennel and rocket salad. Also for my rabbit...he loves those plants.

I love gardening, too. I really wish I had the space. We tried in the front yard one year, but all that grew was lettuce. The maple tree makes things too shady for anything else to grow. The kids and dogs will tear up anything in the back.

I love fennel! Is it hard to grow?