• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Jayhawker Soule Anything

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Jayhawker Soule said:
Thank you (I think). Disgust and contempt are clearly emotions. What I have apparently done poorly is communicate my love of those things that I deeply appreciate, partly because I view it as a somewhat private covenant.

It is my perception that people see what they are willing to see. :eek:
For those that are willing to see it, you communicate your joy and appreciation of aspects of life in a way that is hard to mistake for anything else.

Next question! Is there a period of history or a particular science that you enjoy learning about more than others?

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Jayhawker Soule said:
Thank you (I think). Disgust and contempt are clearly emotions. What I have apparently done poorly is communicate my love of those things that I deeply appreciate, partly because I view it as a somewhat private covenant.
Hmm... When reading your posts, I definitely see what I've thought of as "passion" for those things which you obviously appreciate enough to research in more depth than most folks will even pretend to. But "love" works too. So no, I don't think you've communicated poorly at all...

I often find myself busting out in laughter when you've smacked someone... That's one of the things about you that reminds me so much of my father - the veiled wit that I'd be willing to wager very few readers pick up on :D

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
I guess this thread is for asking questions, so here's one (OK 2)...

Do you have any pets? If so, are they 'just pets' or are they considered part of the family?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Snowbear said:
Do you have any pets? If so, are they 'just pets' or are they considered part of the family?
No pets and, frankly, while I could (and have) care greatly for a pet I doubt that I could ever elevate it to the status of family.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm impressed with your involvement in the Civil Rights Movement of the '60s, Jay. I have another question. What is the greatest injustice against women in the world today?

What is your solution for this particular injustice?

Peace,
Mystic

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
MysticSang'ha said:
I have another question. What is the greatest injustice against women in the world today?
Honor killings and all that is associated with them.

MysticSang'ha said:
What is your solution for this particular injustice?
An enlightened and enabled Islamic leadership and movement embracing human rights.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Buttercup said:
Is it too early to ask if you have an opinion on good candidates for the 2008 presidential election?
It's not too early to ask, but it is too early to expect more than a tentative answer. While I would vote for Senator Clinton, I would prefer Senator Feingold.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Ormiston said:
Are you excited about the Bulls acquisition of Ben Wallace?
No. I'm excited about Grossman going 4 quarters without a season-ending injury, and appalled that Northwestern was trashed by the University of New Hampshire.

gnomon

Jayhawker,

Considering your knowledge of history I'm curious if you know of a called "A History of the Jewish People" edited by H.H. Ben-Sasson. Is it a good survey of Jewish history and if not then what would you recommend?

Thank you.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
gnomon said:
... I'm curious if you know of a called "A History of the Jewish People" edited by H.H. Ben-Sasson. Is it a good survey of Jewish history and if not then what would you recommend?
I own it and found it very good. Note that it's quite large, close to eleven hundred pages.

gnomon

Jayhawker Soule said:
I own it and found it very good. Note that it's quite large, close to eleven hundred pages.

Thank you and much appreciated. I hope too carve out some time soon to begin studying.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
FeathersinHair said:
What fantasy teams do you enjoy? (I'm assuming- perhaps incorrectly- that fantasy teams are based on real-life teams.)
Fantasy teams do not mirror real-life teams. In fantasy football, you "draft" a team by selecting from all active NFL players. So, for example, I may draft a quarterback (QB) from the Indianapolis Colts and a running back (RB) from the Kansas City Chiefs. I would then get points if either Peyton Manning (QB) or Larry Johnson (RB) perform well. Since no player can be drafted by more than one fantasy team, much of the challenge lies in projecting season performance and drafting a better team than that being drafted by your opponents.

I'm sure that there are other types of fantasy teams, but I wouldn't no about them ... :no:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Do you currently have a fantasy football team?

Are there any from da Bears?

Knowing that the Bears-Packers rivalry is one of the most intense, what did you do after the game on Sunday? :)

Peace,
Mystic

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
MysticSang'ha said:
Do you currently have a fantasy football team?
Are there any from da Bears?
I am in 2 leagues. In both I scored well. In both my opponent had the Bears Defense. In both I amassed the second highest points of the 12-team leage. In both I lost.
MysticSang'ha said:
Knowing that the Bears-Packers rivalry is one of the most intense, what did you do after the game on Sunday?
Cheered widely, and then went to bed and cried ... :sad4: