• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Epic Beard Man (EBM) anything.......Within reason

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Sometimes I get approached on the streets and someone tries to sell me something, and the speech and accent is so hard to translate, I can't even tell what they are trying to sell me, I just respond, "no thanks, I'm on probation".

Last time it was "yo, I got some kind gogo, try it before you buy it...Do ya got any squares"?

Ok.....But I don't know how that relates to me.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yes I'm boring but hey, I'm 36. I occasionally go to local restaurants and bowling and stuff.
Nothing wrong with not having many hobbies. People called "old souls" are often very solitary, contemplative, thoughtful, wise, and prayerful... they don't have many hobbies, but they have a lot of wisdom.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Ok.....But I don't know how that relates to me.
you seemed to think it was odd that I asked if you spoke in Ebonics... as if I thought, all black people spoke like that, I'm just saying in the environments I've lived, that is the norm, so I thought I'd ask, and another poster on this thread seems to be curious about it, so I thought I would share my experience.

We bad! But It's all good in da hood! Just check yo self before you wreck yo self! :D

I'm just quite familiar with the culture is all. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
you seemed to think it was odd that I asked if you spoke in Ebonics... as if I thought, all black people spoke like that, I'm just saying in the environments I've lived, that is the norm, so I thought I'd ask, and another poster on this thread seems to be curious about it, so I thought I would share my experience.

We bad! But It's all good in da hood! Just check yo self before you wreck yo self! :D

I'm just quite familiar with the culture is all. :)

Might be best to drop the subject now, PopeADope. This thread is about EBM, the man. Not Black culture, however thought of. Just sayin'

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
EBM, if you could do any work in the world that you wanted -- money was no problem -- what would you do?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
What's your favorite genre of literature?

Great question.....Funny after high school I used to read the left behind series which I thought was entertaining at the time, but I'm a philosophy guy though, but I'll read horror novels just don't have recommendations.

exchemist

Veteran Member
To be honest Netherlands...For some reason I think the nature there would be refreshing
That's interesting. I lived and worked in The Hague for three years. Nature in NL seems to be all water, reeds and birds - unsurprisingly. In fact there are not that many wild areas. It is quite a crowded country.

The nice thing about the Netherlands is the directness of the people. The worst thing is the weather. It is as wet as Manchester.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
I don't think many people on here know me much aside from the views I have so feel free to ask. I am an open book but please nothing outrageous. I think it's fair to open myself up so there is no Assumptions (this was an intentional capitalization).

What kind of movies do you like to watch? :p

Do you take care of your mother and your family?
Or are you among those who neglect them?

Terry Sampson

@Epic Beard Man

IMO, you're a brave soul to put yourself out here in RF.
From Compton, eh? I did a three-month stint as an Intern School Psychologist at Lynnwood High School, back around 2004. (I live in the southern corner of the East LA triangle.)

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
His mother died of cancer and is in heaven

Thank you for informing me
My question was in her mercy because it opened a door to pray on her
God's mercy her

Some may get upset and sensitive to an inappropriate question
But it is also good to take into account the lack of knowledge surrounding the correspondent

GOD bless you all :)