• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Epic Beard Man (EBM) anything.......Within reason

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I don't think many people on here know me much aside from the views I have so feel free to ask. I am an open book but please nothing outrageous. I think it's fair to open myself up so there is no Assumptions (this was an intentional capitalization).

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What is one of the key formative experiences of you life? Something that made you who you are today?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
What is one of the key formative experiences of you life? Something that made you who you are today?

Watching my mother who was a registered nurse who worked hard dealing with cancer still worked hard to support me. Even on her death bed she was still worried if her baby (me since I am the youngest) if I was going to be okay. It gave me the drive to want to progress. At her funeral I promised my mother I would get a college education and I graduated with two B.A's but I loved education so I furthered my education.

Funny because my experiences with my mother's sickness compounds on the fact I grew up in Compton where my life expectancy was 18-19 years old. I credit my mother and father for saving my life so those are things that were influential.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Watching my mother who was a registered nurse who worked hard dealing with cancer still worked hard to support me. Even on her death bed she was still worried if her baby (me since I am the youngest) if I was going to be okay. It gave me the drive to want to progress. At her funeral I promised my mother I would get a college education and I graduated with two B.A's but I loved education so I furthered my education.

That's quite moving.

I grew up in Compton where my life expectancy was 18-19 years old.

Wow! Just wow!

What are the main factors in such a short life expectancy?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
That's quite moving.

Wow! Just wow!

What are the main factors in such a short life expectancy?

Unfortunately during the late 1980's and early 90's young men from the bloods and crips were gunning each other down. Mostly because of the rise of the crack cocaine epidemic, some because of territory. Funny I remember in grade school, we did fire, earthquake and drive by drills. I thank God the Creator I was fortunate enough to have a mother to think of my safety and move me away from all of that.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Married? Children?
How are you employed?

Not Married...Girlfriend yes. Children, no.

My girl is working and I'm encouraging her to get a supervisor position. Me I'm finishing grad school.

How am I employed? Well, the welfare office takes care of that....JK

I work at a southern California hospital. Been there for a little bit over 7 years.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@Epic Beard Man,
I admire you, though we have had our differences.

I admire that you had such a relationship with your mom. My mother despises my liberal views, and when we talk by phone every couple months, it usually turns into an argument. I wish I had the relationship with my mother that you had with yours. It is precious! I believe she is still looking out for you and that her spirit lives on.:heart:

Could you tell me what your mother's faith was? What did she teach you about God and faith and morals? Was she more Liberal or conservative?

Also, beings that you've brought up the issue of racism elsewhere quite a few times, is that something you have dealt with personally, discrimination, if so please give the details. I would really like to know more what it is like to be a black man in contemporary America.

Also, did you vote in last election?

What was your favorite subject in College? My guess is philosophy.

God bless you! :)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you use a beard comb or beard oil? Brand recommendations? My husband is a beard dude but just getting started.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
@Epic Beard Man,
I admire you, though we have had our differences.

I admire that you had such a relationship with your mom. My mother despises my liberal views, and when we talk by phone every couple months, it usually turns into an argument. I wish I had the relationship with my mother that you had with yours. It is precious! I believe she is still looking out for you and that her spirit lives on.:heart:

Could you tell me what your mother's faith was? What did she teach you about God and faith and morals? Was she more Liberal or conservative?

Also, beings that you've brought up the issue of racism elsewhere quite a few times, is that something you have dealt with personally, discrimination, if so please give the details. I would really like to know more what it is like to be a black man in contemporary America.

Also, did you vote in last election?

What was your favorite subject in College? My guess is philosophy.

God bless you! :)

Let me grab another drink lol hold on

Daemon Sophic

Not Married...Girlfriend yes. Children, no.

My girl is working and I'm encouraging her to get a supervisor position. Me I'm finishing grad school.

How am I employed? Well, the welfare office takes care of that....JK

I work at a southern California hospital. Been there for a little bit over 7 years.
Excellent.
What’s your thesis, and when is your defense?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
@Epic Beard Man,
I wish I had the relationship with my mother that you had with yours. It is precious! I believe she is still looking out for you and that her spirit lives on.:heart: (1)

Could you tell me what your mother's faith was? (2) What did she teach you about God and faith and morals? (3) Was she more Liberal or conservative? (4)

Also, beings that you've brought up the issue of racism elsewhere quite a few times, is that something you have dealt with personally, discrimination, if so please give the details. I would really like to know more what it is like to be a black man in contemporary America. (5)

Also, did you vote in last election? (6)

What was your favorite subject in College? My guess is philosophy. (7)

I made your comments in numerical points if you don't mind.....

(1) Thank You....Although my skepticism sometimes prevents those things for me to be cognizant of but @Sakeenah reminds me that it is possible. You may also have positive forces looking out for you, after all you're here and not elsewhere endangering yourself.

(2) My mother was a baptist Christian but she was formerly Nation of Islam.

(3) My mother said to be kind to people. Have faith in God (through Jesus of course), and just to be a good human being.

(4) My mother was both in certain ways actually, but later on her life more liberal.

(5) What it's like being black in America is a long story. I am fortunate to be an America in looking at the world and the many impoverished people across the world we Americans are all fortunate. But being black is actually hard even for someone who is educated because at times we have to try twice as hard just to prove our merit. Often times society thinks we get into prestige with help, and that is not always the case. White women have it the easiest when it comes to "affirmative action" and most black women do not reap what white women have so my struggle like many men and women of color iis a long story.

(6) Yes Bernie Sanders

(7) Yes philosophy as well as physics and cosmology. That is why I double majored!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
May as well also ask you what I asked Jesster!

What is your favorite color, book, movie, band, song, food, comedian, television show, video and/or board and/or card game?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I made your comments in numerical points if you don't mind.....

(1) Thank You....Although my skepticism sometimes prevents those things for me to be cognizant of but @Sakeenah reminds me that it is possible. You may also have positive forces looking out for you, after all you're here and not elsewhere endangering yourself.

(2) My mother was a baptist Christian but she was formerly Nation of Islam.

(3) My mother said to be kind to people. Have faith in God (through Jesus of course), and just to be a good human being.

(4) My mother was both in certain ways actually, but later on her life more liberal.

(5) What it's like being black in America is a long story. I am fortunate to be an America in looking at the world and the many impoverished people across the world we Americans are all fortunate. But being black is actually hard even for someone who is educated because at times we have to try twice as hard just to prove our merit. Often times society thinks we get into prestige with help, and that is not always the case. White women have it the easiest when it comes to "affirmative action" and most black women do not reap what white women have so my struggle like many men and women of color iis a long story.

(6) Yes Bernie Sanders

(7) Yes philosophy as well as physics and cosmology. That is why I double majored!
Excellent response!

Okay, I feel awkward asking you this, but it is something I'm very curious about, so I'm going to blurt it out, at risk that it could cause a debate and offend people.

Do you believe that in God's eyes, life begins at conception?

If so, does that mean the unborn child In the womb is a human being? If that is indeed the case, then to Kill The unborn in the womb would be homicide?

The definition of homicide is a human being killing another

I'm just asking your opinion on this controversial topic.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
May as well also ask you what I asked Jesster!

What is your favorite color, book, movie, band, song, food, comedian, television show, video and/or board and/or card game?

Great question!

Favorite color? Red/Burgundy (that is because I grew up in a blood neighborhood so it has been psychologically and socially ingrained in me. Favorite book? "The Guide for the perplexed" @Tumah. Movie? I'm a star wars junkie all star wars saga but skeptical of the last Jedi and the force awakens smh.....Han solo better not disappoint. Band? Average white band (this is a Compton thang!)

Song? My wedding song by Luther

comedian? Dave Chapelle, Chris Rock, Martin, Rodney Dangerfield (RIP)

Television Show? Family Guy

Board game? Monopoly!

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Excellent response!

Okay, I feel awkward asking you this, but it is something I'm very curious about, so I'm going to blurt it out, at risk that it could cause a debate and offend people.

Do you believe that in God's eyes, life begins at conception?

If so, does that mean the unborn child In the womb is a human being? If that is indeed the case, then to Kill The unborn in the womb would be homicide?

The definition of homicide is a human being killing another

I'm just asking your opinion on this controversial topic.

I will tell you, you're asking a mere mortal. I cannot presume nor would I act or believe what God thinks. This is the anomaly of humanity.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I will tell you, you're asking a mere mortal. I cannot presume nor would I act or believe what God thinks. This is the anomaly of humanity.
On second thought, forget the word homicide because that's a legal term.

I'll rephrase the question. If a woman is 5 months pregnant, and she gets an abortion, is this act, the killing of a human being? In your opinion?

I know it's an uncomfortable topic, but I'm really curious as to where you stand on this issue. Perhaps to a fault.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Great question!

Favorite color? Red/Burgundy (that is because I grew up in a blood neighborhood so it has been psychologically and socially ingrained in me. Favorite book? "The Guide for the perplexed" @Tumah. Movie? I'm a star wars junkie all star wars saga but skeptical of the last Jedi and the force awakens smh.....Han solo better not disappoint. Band? Average white band (this is a Compton thang!)

Song? My wedding song by Luther

comedian? Dave Chapelle, Chris Rock, Martin, Rodney Dangerfield (RIP)

Television Show? Family Guy

Board game? Monopoly!
Just got done listening to your songs. Really really liked Never Let Me Go. :)

Did you like Rogue One? I thought it was kind of refreshing to have a Star Wars film that wasn't about the Jedi for once, even if the movie was a little rushed for it being a self-contained side-story.
I really like the idea of Glover as Lando for the Solo movie but I'm really not feeling the guy playing Han himself. I guess we'll have to see.